stripes vs caddyshack?

Comments

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    rodney dangerfield's corded phone in the golf bag =

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    No contest Caddyshack!

the real star of cadyshack is Chevy Chase[/b].

Now I know we've gone over how Chevy Chase wasn't actually a funny comedian, or whatever. There was a whole thread on this.

However, in this particular movie his character is funniest to me.

I love when Lacey asked him where he got the kimono on his wall or whatever and he says Vietnam.

"Oh you were in the war."

"No," he says, pointing to his leg as if indicating an injury, "Homo."

Schitt is hilarious.

"I was born to love you...I was born to lick your face..."

"You're crazy." Ty replies, " That's what they said about Son of Sam."

nananananananananana ...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    No contest Caddyshack!

i like/grew up with both too, but Caddyshack was definitely funnier to me as well. I wouldn't mind checking out deleted scenes from Stripes though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wouldn't mind checking out deleted scenes from Caddyshack though.

I wouldn't mind checking out deleted scenes from Caddyshack though.

Now that would be something worthwhile. I'm assuming they never released an extended version of Caddyshack.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

caddyshack for real.

I just watched it for the first time ever a month ago... I feel real ashamed.
    It was in the $5 bin at the CVS I went to.

I just watched it for the first time ever a month ago...

How old are you though?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

caddyshack for real.

have you even seen stripes?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

How old are you though?

I guess you're maybe just passed the cut off. That was a movie that you could not miss if you tried when I was growing up. Just about everybody my age (27) or older saw that when it came out, whether they liked it or not. Such a classic comedy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Private Mind Garden - Stripes

General Population Pick - CaddyShack

Meatballs > Both.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Man, it is a REALLY tough choice. Neck and neck...but I gotta go with Caddysack, though, admittedly my choice is probably based more on the fact I saw Caddyshack a bazillion times when I was 12-13 and those lines are engraved into my head...I saw Stripes a lot as well growing up...tough choice. Bottom line is that Harold Ramis is a genius comedic writer (even though he does have some terds like Caddyshack II..ya cant win them all)

Bottom line is that Harold Ramis is a genius comedic writer

seriously! dude...groundhog day

actually i found out that ramis directed the "shun" and "benihana christmas" episodes of the office this season. he also played seth rogan's dad in knocked up which was a nice surprise. harold ramis is the best. does anyone remember Officer Friendly from SCTV? love him

• He was decent in orange county... when he took those pills and started trippin.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I guess you're maybe just passed the cut off. That was a movie that you could not miss if you tried when I was growing up. Just about everybody my age (27) or older saw that when it came out, whether they liked it or not. Such a classic comedy.

it came out the year you were born.

son.

ouch. i guess it was more my brother than anything, he's a bit older than me, so he must have kept it alive for me (and my father too, for that matter). it really came out in 80? wow. i thought it was 86 for some reason. i feel young (ha). MY BAD.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

(even though he does have some terds like Caddyshack II..ya cant win them all)

HE tried to have his name taken off of that film before
    it was released, when he saw what a TERD it was, but they
    wouldn't let him

HE tried to have his name taken off of that film before
    it was released, when he saw what a TERD it was, but they
    wouldn't let him

everyone associated with it seems to have disavowed this flick.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ted knight is a comic Book genius!!!!! loved him on the SuperFriends Narration he did.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

it wasnt that bad. there have been some HUGE comedies that aren't half as funny as caddyshack II. pick an adam sandler movie.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

ted knight is a comic Book genius!!!!! loved him on the SuperFriends Narration he did.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Stripes is on right now in Toronto.

"You're a LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTING MACHINE!!!"

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    caddyshack. peace, stein. . .

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Stripes

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ted knight is a comic genius!!!!! loved him on the few old tv sitcoms he did.

ted knight definitely killed.
    i always loved when he and Spalding stopped at the snack shack while golfing-

Spalding: I want a hamburger, no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog, I want a milkshake...

Judge: You will get nothing and like it!

Alright, I finally watched Caddyshack again. Forgot there was a time when Brian Doyle-Murray was skinny. It was much funnier than I remember it (died @ "Varmint-Cong" and bullfights on acid)b,121b, 21img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2969637164_6fa64b26ba.jpg"1b,121b,121I still love Stripes more. b,121Either way I think Harold Ramis rules at comedy directing, writing & acting.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121I still love Stripes more. b, 21b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21That's kooky talk!b,121b, 21Is Stripes to you what Spaceballs is to me?b,121b,121(On the real, I haven't seen Stripes in forever and a day.)

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121Is Stripes to you what Spaceballs is to me?b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Possibly. I will fight anyone who hatts on Stripes