nah-nah-nah-nah-nuh-nuh-nuh BATMAN!!

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
i saw this last night and it was surprisingly really good! the first half was kinda slow cause it's all about bruce's training which is essentially like watching a fancy therapy session only with martial arts. but the second half was so so hot. has anyone seen it yet? i am so glad the series went back to the dark ages cause the joel schumacher ones were so stupid. gotham looked like a garish ass circus - it was almost as if a giant toddler swallowed a giant box of crayons and threw up on a city. gotham in this batman is gritty as f***....the way it should be!

I give this movie 4

Comments

• Cool! I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one. I was so turned off by the Keaton/Clooney Batman flicks I wasn't sure I wanted to see a new one.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Thur is a theard rbout thus ahrudy... But I agree! DOPE!!! All the way.... Better than Mr and Mrs smithy!

Cool! I'm hearing a lot of good things about this one. I was so turned off by the Keaton/Clooney Batman flicks I wasn't sure I wanted to see a new one.

Same with me but this is the Dark Knight not he Cape Crusader! I will see this again and again... One of those fliks I can throw on and watch over and over kind of like a Shaw Brothers Flick!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i saw this last night and it was surprisingly really good! the first half was kinda slow cause it's all about bruce's training which is essentially like watching a fancy therapy session only with martial arts. but the second half was so so hot. has anyone seen it yet? i am so glad the series went back to the dark ages cause the joel schumacher ones were so stupid. gotham looked like a garish ass circus - it was almost as if a giant toddler swallowed a box of crayons and threw up on a city. gotham in this batman is gritty as f***....the way it should be!

I give this movie 4

Batman Begins was beautiful. I already spoke about it on a previous post.I loved the Joker reference at the end. What really put this movie over was the acting. No one was annoying. Even Katie Holmes did a fine job. She even got tough. Im a comic book head so I left very satified. I would go as far to say it was better than Spider-Man. But Spiderman had more CGI-orientated action(better-fisticuffs).
    I think Nolan's storttelling/directing was hot but his fighting sequences were heavily spliced to the point of confusing. Still I could ramble on for hours on this flick. INCREDIBLE.

I liked the spidermans and all the marvel stuff but for some reason this movie seems like I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it... Yes good acting no annoying mess... I hope their is a part 2 with the same director and same batman... If they can't get the same actors I think they should just do Batman Beyond, that would be ill too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I feel like doing push ups!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's why? "What's the use of doing all those push ups if you can't lift this off you!" Like I said Push Up's are the key to all the forms of Rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the spidermans and all the marvel stuff but for some reason this movie seems like I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it... Yes good acting no annoying mess... I hope their is a part 2 with the same director and same batman... If they can't get the same actors I think they should just do Batman Beyond, that would be ill too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I feel like doing push ups!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's why? "What's the use of doing all those push ups if you can't lift this off you!" Like I said Push Up's are the key to all the forms of Rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only BATMAN fans would go to see BEYOND. It's too underground for regular moviegoers.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You know what, after all the hype I was a little let down. Still a good film but I liked the Burton Batman's better. It kind of seemed that the director chopped out a lot of little pieces to shorten the film up. You know, instead of showing a characters exiting a car and walking up to talk to someone they just show the car pull up and the next cut was of them talking (actually happened during one point in this film and happened a LOT during the last 5 or 10 minutes). Very disjointed in that respect. I mean, still a good film. Worth seeing at least once.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I think Nolan's storttelling/directing was hot but his fighting sequences were heavily spliced to the point of confusing. Still I could ramble on for hours on this flick. INCREDIBLE.

Too MTV-ish for sure.

Burton's action sequences were better choreographed.The final fight was too chopppy, but none the least entertaining.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I think Nolan's storttelling/directing was hot but his fighting sequences were heavily spliced to the point of confusing.

seriously! but i noticed that almost all fighting sequences in movies for the last decade or so are overedited like this. shit is so close up and frantic that you can't tell what is going on. my boy says is for realism, but i miss the old days of choregraphed fighting and simple editing.

i thought this batman had its flaws but it was still very enjoyable for me. i do think that the spiderman movies are better though.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ive been hearing real good things about the new batman.

that fantastic4 movie looks fucking stupid, however. even jessica alba aint gonna save this one.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I think Nolan's storttelling/directing was hot but his fighting sequences were heavily spliced to the point of confusing.

seriously! but i noticed that almost all fighting sequences in movies for the last decade or so are overedited like this. shit is so close up and frantic that you can't tell what is going on. my boy says is for realism, but i miss the old days of choregraphed fighting and simple editing.

i thought this batman had its flaws but it was still very enjoyable for me. i do think that the spiderman movies are better though.

Saw it last night and really liked it. Maybe I'm being to nice, but I thought the chopped up fighting was to create the image that Batman just kicks everyones ass before they know what's going on. After all he is a regular person with no "super powers". So he has to act fast or he can be mobbed. Just like when the crazyies smother him at the end.

The only complint I have is that none of the movies have ever been true to the comic book and had young Bruce going to see Zoro with his parents when they get shot. I think the fear thing was covered enough they didn't have to have him scared and the opera and then guitly about leaving early. But hey, it's just a movie. Other wise is kicked ass. As post a few days ago I hope they get Crispan Glover to play the Joker.

And how about Gay Oldman as Gorden? Talk about playing a regular guy. Little different for him and he did really good.

I also liked the fact that they kept the cheasy one liners pretty tame.

The Tim Burton one was good, but it was always hard to take Micheal Keton as Batman. Still a good movie and whoever plays the new Joker will have some big shoes to fill!!!

Fianlly, when did people start clapping at the end of movies? I've noticed this over the past few years and it's always at "nerd" movies like this. Happened last night. I mean I was happy, but I didn't feel the need to clap. Maybe if your at a screening with the actors/director etc.....

that fantastic4 movie looks fucking stupid, however. even jessica alba aint gonna save this one.

Awwwww! Looks like rentable fun to me. I think if you read those comics as a kid you just have to see them even if they look corney. Plus, dude from the Sheild is the Thing! But of course his costume looks kinda weak.

Fianlly, when did people start clapping at the end of movies? I've noticed this over the past few years and it's always at "nerd" movies like this. Happened last night. I mean I was happy, but I didn't feel the need to clap. Maybe if your at a screening with the actors/director etc.....
    I started that a few years back when after watching the movie I started to do Hand Clap Push Up's to wipe the grease off my hands from the popcorn and then everyone started to clap after that. Now the true story is out!

As you know Batman is down with push up's so maybe that's why the claped also...

Also Mr Nelson's performance was nice!

I started that a few years back when after watching the movie I started to do Hand Clap Push Up's to wipe the grease off my hands from the popcorn and then everyone started to clap after that. Now the true story is out!

As you know Batman is down with push up's so maybe that's why the claped also...

Also Mr Nelson's performance was nice!

HA HA! Yea, Liam is always soooooo good his easy to over look. You just expect him to be great so you aren't suprised when he is. And Michael Kane as well.

That's why i was so taken with Gary's acting. Cuz usually he's playing some really out their type, but here his just a good cop trying to get by.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Man, I am in my almost-late 30s, and I remember as a kid, it was weird if people DIDN'T clap at the end. I think in the early 80s this stopped happening on the regular. Can't really say why. I think the last movie that I remember applause at the end was the first Matrix. Just don't hear it much anymore. I think you still hear it at art films and special events, as you alluded to.

The only complint I have is that none of the movies have ever been true to the comic book and had young Bruce going to see Zoro with his parents when they get shot. I think the fear thing was covered enough they didn't have to have him scared and the opera and then guitly about leaving early. But hey, it's just a movie. Other wise is kicked ass. As post a few days ago I hope they get Crispan Glover to play the Joker.

I didnt like the idea of Ra's Al Ghul personally teaching Batman. Big rumour is Adrian Brody to play the Joker which is an excellent choice. Skinny w/ a big nose.
    Another rumour is Mark Hamill due to his work on the animated series. Hamill has created the definitive voice of The Joker. He's just a little too old and short for the Joker.

I didnt like the idea of Ra's Al Ghul personally teaching Batman. Big rumour is Adrian Brody to play the Joker which is an excellent choice. Skinny w/ a big nose.
    Another rumour is Mark Hamill due to his work on the animated series. Hamill has created the definitive voice of The Joker. He's just a little too old and short for the Joker.

What didn't you like about the teaching? That some one taught him at all? I got the impression that Ra taught most of those guys in the mountian.

Man, Mark would be coll, but your right about the shot and older. Make up would take care of the older cuz you'll never see his face anyhow. But, maybe a CGI Joker with Marks voice!!!! (ok I'm streaching it now)

I really wouldn't want to see Brody play Joker, that guy bugs me ever since that Coke comercial.

I didnt like the idea of Ra's Al Ghul personally teaching Batman.

My fave Batman story line is from the old Neal Adams books in the early 70s where Ra's Al Ghul is like the most evenly matched Batman villian ever, and even suggests that Batman is not quite on his level. I guess that always stuck with me, and I always think of him as the most realistic of his enemies, so it will be a bit odd to see him in this light.

I didnt like the idea of Ra's Al Ghul personally teaching Batman.

My fave Batman story line is from the old Neal Adams books in the early 70s where Ra's Al Ghul is like the most evenly matched Batman villian ever, and even suggests that Batman is not quite on his level. I guess that always stuck with me, and I always think of him as the most realistic of his enemies, so it will be a bit odd to see him in this light.

Ever see the super special with the anti-batman that dresses like him and everything? Pretty cool.

Im a bat-head, so historically speaking, in the comics they always alluded to Bruce travelling the world since he was a kid, learning various fighting methods. Ra's Al Ghul was introduced as a villain in the 70's, thirty years after the Batman creation. So to tie him up that close to Bruce's development I felt was undeserved.I'm in geek mode now but I dont care. Remember when Burton had the Joker kill the Waynes in the first movie? That's some real bullshit. The Joker came after Batman. Joe chill killed his parents not the Joker. I understand Hollywood's way of compressing mythology to serve the cafeteria, so I dont get upset. It just does an injustice to the fans who really keep the genre boyant.
    You now basically cant bring Ra's Al Ghul back because he knows Batman's identity, which makes for a 15 minute movie.

And another thing. Where was Talia? She is crucial to the Ra's Al Ghul story.

Im a bat-head, so historically speaking, in the comics they always alluded to Bruce travelling the world since he was a kid, learning various fighting methods. Ra's Al Ghul was introduced as a villain in the 70's, thirty years after the Batman creation. So to tie him up that close to Bruce's development I felt was undeserved.I'm in geek mode now but I dont care. Remember when Burton had the Joker kill the Waynes in the first movie? That's some real bullshit. The Joker came after Batman. Joe chill killed his parents not the Joker. I understand Hollywood's way of compressing mythology to serve the cafeteria, so I dont get upset. It just does an injustice to the fans who really keep the genre boyant.
    You now basically cant bring Ra's Al Ghul back because he knows Batman's identity, which makes for a 15 minute movie.

Cool. Wasn't sure if you were talking with- the move or the comics as a whole. Yea, haveing Joker kill the parents in that first movie was silly. My guess is they never know if they will get to make a second movie so they shove as much in as possable. But, I too would like to see movies stay a little closer to the comics. I guess I can understand a little. The comics span over years and years so they have time to elaborate on and on. While the movie is going for the more bang for the buck theory. It seems too they want to have a villian introduced and killed in the same flick so that justifies their "twists".

At least we saw Gorden's kids so we may get a decent Batgirl around the 3 one.

He'll have to be the Commish by then. I saw the kids but i missed the daughters hair color. Was it red?

They need never bring Batgirl OR Robin into this group of films, thank you.

They need never bring Batgirl OR Robin into this group of films, thank you.

I talked about this with my homie last night. Robin is tough to do because any child next to C.Bale is just gonna lighten the mood too much. If the child actor is a brooding 13 year old w/ a dark attitude, then maybe.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Damn good flick. Hatie Holmes was annoying as fuck. Did anyone else think gary oldman wasn't that good as the commish? But the dude from 28 days who played the Scarecrow was awesome. And I wasn't a fan of the fight sequences and chase sequences. I thought they went on far too long. But a damn good flick.

Damn good flick. Hatie Holmes was annoying as fuck. Did anyone else think gary oldman wasn't that good as the commish? But the dude from 28 days who played the Scarecrow was awesome. And I wasn't a fan of the fight sequences and chase sequences. I thought they went on far too long. But a damn good flick.
    Scarecrow almost stole the show. Holmes was as annoying as that Spiderman chick.

Scarecrow almost stole the show. Holmes WASN"T as annoying as that Spiderman chick.
    TYPO>