TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i think if Parker keeps playing like this he'll get the MVP

I hope he does. He deserves as much credit especially this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

But is he better than John Stockton?

Different type of player. Parker makes his living by slashing to the basket. Stockton was more methodical in his approach, and had the ill assists. Obviously, Stockton is a legend and Parker is not. But I don't see why Parker can't eventually be regarded as one of the NBA's great PGs. He's certainly proving to be the best European player this year.

Different type of player. Parker makes his living by slashing to the basket. Stockton was more methodical in his approach, and had the ill assists. Obviously, Stockton is a legend and Parker is not. But I don't see why Parker can't eventually be regarded as one of the NBA's great PGs. He's certainly proving to be the best European player this year.

What about Dirk and his regulaer season MVP award?

Gawd. What a beat-down. You gotta represent better than that Cavs.

Where's Bron's calls?

This may end up being the lowest rated (TV) Finals ever.

Why does it seem like pointing out the low tv ratings is a cop out for all the fans that saw their teams fall? Like "see! check out the low ratings, all this Finals mess wasn't even worth our time anyway!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

You just mentioned "He who shall not be named"

Considering the validity of the award, and how the player is selected, the league made the correct choice this year. Remember, I was one of the first ones on here proclaiming that it would be wrong if Dirk didn't get MVP. I was adamant in my case.
    And I still stick by my words.

What adjustments would u make if you were Mike Brown?

• Gawd. What a beat-down. You gotta represent better than that Cavs.

Where's Bron's calls?

This may end up being the lowest rated (TV) Finals ever.

Why does it seem like pointing out the low tv ratings is a cop out for all the fans that saw their teams fall? Like "see! check out the low ratings, all this Finals mess wasn't even worth our time anyway!"

Jesus Christ Yuichi what the fuck are you even on about? Where does Mavs enter into what I said. Chill the fuck out bro. It was a mere point of fact. Not many people like watching 20 point blowouts. It was not an indictment of any team or the league. Just like "damn, that sucks for the NBA".

We are all so fucking glad that you are the model NBA fan and nugget-dropper. Please, show us the goddamn way.

Not many people like watching Spurs/LeBoring ass Basketball.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I wonder if the Cavs will light it up tomorrow and have everybody singing a different tune...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Me personally I would watch if it were gonna be remotely close. If Lebron could put on some fireworks.

If that makes me less of a fan so be it. But while the most vocally die-hard among us was still without cable, I was watching the Spurs put on clinics like this two years ago. I've seen it before.

Congrats San Antonio. Now please.... DIE

• Not many people like watching Spurs/LeBoring ass Basketball.

Oh man, there you go, you've been outed. NOT A TRUE FAN. Prepare for nuggets.

I watched that shit after the 'Pranos was over. It was a'ight I guess.

I think your point is actually correct. Whatever it says about the NBA-viewing public, it's by no means a stretch to say "Not many motherfuckers like watching the Spurs." There is data.

Offense: Push the tempo. A young inexperienced team is better off making aggressive fast tempo plays against an experienced defense that will rarely show lapses especially in the half-court set.

Defense: Experience is so crucial to play defense. Gibson is too young. But he could try by giving Parker a couple feet, closing on him when he attempts a jumpshot. Parker is a blur, you need to overplay the penetration. Cavs need to keep doubling Duncan, and closing quickly on Manu's 3pt attempts. The Spurs triumvarate is difficult to stop but not impossible.

Overall, there's only so much the Cavs can do on the defensive end (due to their lack of experience). They need to step up their offense by pushing the tempo, and running the old Spurs out the building. That is the only way they have a chance.

Me personally I would watch if it were gonna be remotely close. If Lebron could put on some fireworks.

If that makes me less of a fan so be it. But while the most vocally die-hard among us was still without cable, I was watching the Spurs put on clinics like this two years ago. I've seen it before.

Congrats San Antonio. Now please.... DIE

I can still drop knowledge with or without cable.

I am on that level.

Sign a contract extension ASAP.

Sign a contract extension ASAP.

HA!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Overall, there's only so much the Cavs can do on the defensive end (due to their lack of experience). They need to step up their offense by pushing the tempo, and running the old Spurs out the building. That is the only way they have a chance.

Yup, but the Spurs are the masters of waiting out run n gun offense till the fourth quarter when they make a late push to win. The Cavs might be able to sneak out a game with that strategy but that's about the best they can hope for.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Offense: Push the tempo. A young inexperienced team is better off making aggressive fast tempo plays against an experienced defense that will rarely show lapses especially in the half-court set.

Spurs have the best transition defense in the league....S.A won't allow Cleveland to run......I thought the 02 Nets were the worst finals team evar ...The Cavs stink.....Al Roker is lost ..........Flip needs to be fired for losing to that dude.........LeBronica is SOFT ......if these dudes weren't a great defensive team they'd be losing by 30 a game. ......Spurs in 5 ....Goddamn Pistons BLEW IT !

Kobe is probably at home tying a rope around his neck....dumb ass

Spurs have the best transition defense in the league....S.A won't allow Cleveland to run......

Really? Well in that case, this shit's a wrap!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OK... Why is ABC the only channel not[/b] working on my satellite right now?

Where is regular TV when I need it?

If Cleveland is not up by at least 15 by halftime this is gonna be a 4 game series.

Robert Horry will have 7 championships. One more than the so-called legend, Michael Jordan.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    stop

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Are the "real basketball fans" enjoying this, one of the lowest scoring games in NBA Finals history???

How about four star color commentary such as the following by Jeff Van Gundy:

"You need to make it [a basket] to make it look like good offense."

Are the "real basketball fans" enjoying this, one of the lowest scoring games in NBA Finals history???

When a team shoots 0-14 on 3-pointers it's rarely a good game.

When a team shoots 0-14 on 3-pointers it's rarely a good game.

But isn't that a sign of the tough defensive games that "real basketball fans" are suppose to enjoy?

• This is fucking BRUTAL. Someone make a shot already, please? I don't even care who wins anymore.

Jesus! You get the score down to 2, you're on a fast break. If you don't call a timeout you need to take a quick shot or go to the hole to get a foul at the minimum before the defense gets set. Instead, James backs up to let the Spurs get back on D, and then hands the ball off to the Brazilian wonder!