TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• Guess I was wrong about the Cavs being able to compete. Props to the Spurs. They good.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah, no shit. It's like they didn't even put up a fight. Congrats Spurs.

edit: I forgot they still have a game left, that's how bad it's been.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    When is LeBron's Contract over?

Mike James for Juwan Howard.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Didn't he sign a five year extension last summer that kicks in next season?

He needs to get out of there; he's not getting back to the Finals any time soon with that team.

He needs to get out of there; he's not getting back to the Finals any time soon with that team.

Exactly. Unless theyre able to get a point guard and fortify the bench.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

But he said he wanted to bring the city of Cleveland a championship. Will it make him a bitch if he just takes off? Nawwwww. He's Lebron James.

I think they should get rid of Z and maybe Verajao and re-up on their big men if at all possible. Gooden is nice, they can keep him and James in the front court and find a new Center (Gasol?? And maybe they can keep Side Show Bob as bench center), Marshall off the bench (or not), keep Snow/Gibson at Point (although Snow probably doesn't have much left in him), and like BATMON said, fill the bench with some better players. They need to get rid of Hughes and find a good shooting guard who isn't injury-proned. I guess that's a lot of work and it's not all going to happen at once...

I think they should get rid of Z and maybe Verajao and re-up on their big men if at all possible. Gooden is nice, they can keep him and James in the front court and find a new Center (Gasol?? And maybe they can keep Side Show Bob as bench center), Marshall off the bench (or not), keep Snow/Gibson at Point (although Snow probably doesn't have much left in him), and like BATMON said, fill the bench with some better players. They need to get rid of Hughes and find a good shooting guard who isn't injury-proned. I guess that's a lot of work and it's not all going to happen at once...

The same reasons Cavs failed are the same reasons the Lakers couldn't move past the Suns in the first round. Youth/inexperience. Get some savvy vets out there, and it changes the whole dynamic of the team.

I was watching the Cavs last game and was astounded at the disarray in the offense. Def not championship material.

Problem is, both Ilgauskas and Hughes have bad contracts.

They really need a real point guard. Mike Bibby or somebody. Gasol is a good look at PF/C.

I was watching the Cavs last game and was astounded at the disarray in the offense.

They have no offense.

They need to post up LeBoring more often.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I was watching the Cavs last game and was astounded at the disarray in the offense. Def not championship material.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But really, the only legit offensive weapon they have is LeBron (boy, that Boobie Gibson hype sure died in a hurry, didn't it?), so they end up running "22 Heave" more often than not. If you put LeBron on a team with another good scorer and some quality role players, i.e. not Varejao-stupid, that'd be a pretty nice situation.

I was watching the Cavs last game and was astounded at the disarray in the offense.

They have no offense.

They need to post up LeBoring more often.

It was like watching dudes at the park or some shit. Horrific movement, spacing, and recognition of the open man. Ofcourse, it makes it worse because Cleveland only has Lebron and Gibson who are real threats. They give it to these guys, who ponder "how the hell are we gonna score" for like 5 seconds, and then someone jacks up a rushed shot. Lebron def needs to work on his post-game. A 6'8" 240 dude, should not be slashing from top of the key to the rack.

BUT, I know it all too well. When you're the best ball-handler, passer, and scorer on your team, what do you do? He's assuming all responsibilities. Same thing with Kobe out West.

You're right, they were nowhere near Championship calliber. Watching how they played the first three games, it's a wonder how they got there in the first place. Even Lebron never turned it on, really. And you know, I really want Ilgouskas to be good, but he just isn't. It's like he's too tall, his arms are too long. When he gets near the basket he has a hard time handling the ball and he misses put backs all the time. Verajao is also a poor offensive player. He's a great hustler and a good defender, but dude makes stupid decisions like taking 20 foot jump shots with 10+ left on the shot clock when he knows damn well he can't shoot for shit. Those guys seem to be the biggest achilles heal of the team, plus Larry Hughes and his injuries and inconsistency. Poor Lebron!

If anything, I blame the scouts and execs who put players in the league on the strength of their potential, not how good they are and how well they play within a team at the present time. I mean you got like 7 newbs running around on the Lakers, and about the same on Cleveland. You expect them to be GREAT in 5 years time. lol nawmean? To me that doesn't really make much sense. But ofcourse, the hell do I know about building a powerhouse team. Matter of fact, there's very few in the league that know how to.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

BUT, I know it all too well. When you're the best ball-handler, passer, and scorer on your team, what do you do?

With great power comes great responsibility!

You don't know the pain Yuichi feels!

BUT, I know it all too well. When you're the best ball-handler, passer, and scorer on your team, what do you do?

With great power comes great responsibility!

You don't know the pain Yuichi feels!

I'm serious man.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I know!

dead surrious.

Have I dropped enough knowledge for today?

No, I think these dudes need to catch some more KNOWLEDGE NUGGETS to the face.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

STRONG KNOWLEDGE NUGGET PASS?

Truth nuggets baby. For real though, everybody go ahead and gripp a gem. They are plentiful.

• When is LeBron's Contract over?

2009 .. 3 yr extension w/ player option 4th yr .. could have signed for 6 but intentionally kept it limited to see how things pan out (and to be able to re-up for more money later w/ higher salary cap) ..

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If anything, I blame the scouts and execs who put players in the league on the strength of their potential, not how good they are and how well they play within a team at the present time. I mean you got like 7 newbs running around on the Lakers, and about the same on Cleveland. You expect them to be GREAT in 5 years time. lol nawmean? To me that doesn't really make much sense. But ofcourse, the hell do I know about building a powerhouse team. Matter of fact, there's very few in the league that know how to.

Drop this truth nugget on me.....

Name 3 of the 7 Lakers that you expect to be GREAT in 5 years??

2009 .. 3 yr extension w/ player option 4th yr .. could have signed for 6 but intentionally kept it limited to see how things pan out (and to be able to re-up for more money later w/ higher salary cap) ..

Yeah, you're right--I'm remembering now. Although I still think the three year term doesn't begin to run until next season, which locks him up til 2010.

Just saying, I think Kupchak's intent was to build a great team in 5 years or so.
    I don't think any of the Laker newbs will be "great". Great players start to show signs of brilliance within 2 or 3 years in the league. Maybe earlier.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Shouldn't the title of this thread have been...

"TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT...ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Just saying, I think Kupchak's intent was to build a great team in 5 years or so.
    I don't think any of the Laker newbs will be "great". Great players start to show signs of brilliance within 2 or 3 years in the league. Maybe earlier.
    That, my friend, is a nugget of truth.