TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Varejao is a dumbfuck. Thanks for the help, Sideshow Bob!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Are the "real basketball fans" enjoying this, one of the lowest scoring games in NBA Finals history???

When a team shoots 0-14 on 3-pointers it's rarely a good game.

But isn't that a sign of the tough defensive games that "real basketball fans" are suppose to enjoy?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jesus! You get the score down to 2, you're on a fast break. If you don't call a timeout you need to take a quick shot or go to the hole to get a foul at the minimum before the defense gets set. Instead, James backs up to let the Spurs get back on D, and then hands the ball off to the Brazilian wonder!

FLIP FLIP FLIP FLIP FLIP

Bring out the brooms.

• Varejao is (Insert bad things here).

I liked how Lebron stayed in control the whole way though. Tough break for him at the end there. Cleveland should have had Snow on Parker the whole series.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    lebron was fouled. bad non-call

Varejao is (Insert bad things here).

It wasn't a bad idea because all the attention was on Lebron. But he just isn't ready to take big shots like that. Cliche but you wanna give it up to the go-to guy in situations like that. Someone that won't tremble with the ball in their hands in the closing seconds.

How about Tony Parker with those CLUTCH jumpers??? My friend was telling me yesterday, he improved his J significantly, and now I'm a believer. Give him the MVP. If he gets it, can life get any better for the Frenchie? Hot wife, a championship ring, MVP award, Nike endorsement, and a Subway Commercial.

2nd ring for the dude. And he's only 25???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How about Tony Parker with those CLUTCH jumpers??? My friend was telling me yesterday, he improved his J significantly, and now I'm a believer. Give him the MVP. If he gets it, can life get any better for the Frenchie? Hot wife

...not to mention his "rap" career

This will be his third ring.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    and a Subway Commercial.

dude has a subway commericial? w/ jared? damn he must be bigtime now.

How about Tony Parker with those CLUTCH jumpers??? My friend was telling me yesterday, he improved his J significantly, and now I'm a believer. Give him the MVP. If he gets it, can life get any better for the Frenchie? Hot wife

...not to mention his "rap" career

This will be his third ring.

That's with no make up right. It is not bad at all.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    My friend was telling me yesterday, he improved his J significantly, and now I'm a believer.

You need to spend more time watching basketball and less time talking about it

My friend was telling me yesterday, he improved his J significantly, and now I'm a believer.

I can safely say I watched more basketball than you this season. And who knows, I may be less accurate on teams I don't watch, than say your average macho sports guy who gobbles up everything ESPN says. And regurgitates it as if that was exactly what he was thinking.

The Scientist can play as well. Something 90% of strutters probably can't say. Matter of fact, I'll probably take everyone on this board! But only if it were in a 3 on 3 YMCA Hoops tournament located in West LA, exclusively for trust fund babies. I know Tripledouble plays. I can't imagine Motown playing. That would be like pigs flying.

The Scientist can play as well.

That would be awesome if this were a half-court game; but it's a basketball thread.

And I can't put much faith in a Scientist who only just got learned that Tony Parker's been working on his jumper.

I think it is time for new leadership. I am having a crisis of confidence.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I can safely say I watched more basketball than you this season. And who knows, I may be less accurate on teams I don't watch, than say your average macho sports guy who gobbles up everything ESPN says. And regurgitates it as if that was exactly what he was thinking.

The Scientist can play as well. Something 90% of strutters probably can't say. Matter of fact, I'll probably take everyone on this board! But only if it were in a 3 on 3 YMCA Hoops tournament located in West LA, exclusively for trust fund babies. I know Tripledouble plays. I can't imagine Motown playing. That would be like pigs flying.

Let's all give a round of applause for our little guy Yuichi!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    lebron was fouled. bad non-call

Ginobli fouled Gibson on that three toward the end too, no call. I guess you can't say much about a foul not being called since the game is over, but those 2 plays were obvious fouls that could have resulted in a different outcome in the game. Oh well.

That was a really terrible game in terms of offense for both teams. I couldn't believe I was watching the finals. Soomebody at halftime said it best (Grant Hill maybe?): This is like Varsity vs. JV. I must say Tony Parker has serious determination though, he is clutch. I still believe he should get the MVP at this point.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    lebron was fouled before the shot[/b]. bad non-call

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I must say Tony Parker has serious determination though, he is clutch. I still believe he should get the MVP at this point.

Dude has been balling out of control this series, and that three at the end of the game was pretty cold. He has improved his jumper, yes, but he's still not much of a three-point shooter. Yet he still stepped up and knocked down a big one.

lebron was fouled before the shot[/b]. bad non-call

they would have called continuation, he picked the ball up when bowen grabbed his arm.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Are the "real basketball fans" enjoying this, one of the lowest scoring games in NBA Finals history???

When a team shoots 0-14 on 3-pointers it's rarely a good game.

But isn't that a sign of the tough defensive games that "real basketball fans" are suppose to enjoy?

You know better....

The best games are when BOTH teams execute at BOTH ends of the court. Playing great defense is kinda moot when your opponent can't hit an OPEN shot.

And the only open shots San Antone was letting Cleveland have were 3-pointers, and I think they wound up like 1 for 17.......and how many drives did Lebron have where he SHOULD have finished but didn't......good defense againt bad offense is not enjoyable, it's just pitiful.

How about four star color commentary such as the following by Jeff Van Gundy:

"You need to make it [a basket] to make it look like good offense."

I had to rewind that one last night on some "did he really just say that?" shit. What an idiot.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I can safely say I watched more Lakers[/b] basketball than you this season. I may be less accurate on all the other teams since I don't watch, than say your average guy who watches the games.

The Scientist can ride the pine as well. Something 90% of strutters probably can't say. Matter of fact, I'll probably keep wood warm more than everyone on this board! But only if it were in a 3 on 3 YMCA Hoops tournament located in West LA, exclusively for trust fund babies. I know Tripledouble plays. I can't imagine Motown playing. That would be like pigs flying and dunking on my head.

But where are you gonna wait for us while we have our post game beer, youngin'? Loitering outside of a bar is a serious offense!

I run this place.

b/w

Motown. You're still a square and your arguments carry no weight.

That would be awesome if this were a half-court game; but it's a basketball thread.

And I can't put much faith in a Scientist who only just got learned that Tony Parker's been working on his jumper.

I don't watch Sportscenter.

And you act like you know! lol come on man. Like anyone was focused on the Spurs in the regular season.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And you act like you know! lol come on man. Like anyone was focused on the Spurs in the regular season.

It wasn't exactly a secret that they finished the season stronger than any other team. I think they may have had the best post-ASG record.

It wasn't exactly a secret that they finished the season stronger than any other team. I think they may have had the best post-ASG record.

Oh no doubt. Watching SportsCenter one day out of the week would have revealed that fact. My point was that even the Scientist can not cover all bases (with regards to JP's comment).

The cat with the Stephen A. avatar doesn't watch sportscenter?

Them dudes couldn't stop talking about how much Parker improved his shot.

I mean, watching it even one day a week would have revealed that fact.

The cat with the Stephen A. avatar doesn't watch sportscenter?

Them dudes couldn't stop talking about how much Parker improved his shot.

I mean, watching it even one day a week would have revealed that fact.

No, I don't watch SportsCenter.

My cable television viewing usually consists of NBA games, the World Series of Poker re-runs, and random shit on Discovery Channel.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    [slumeringgiantwawakes]did someone on here actually mention playin ball?[/slumeringgiantwawakes]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Worst Finals Evar.

*Knicks vs Spurs in the fake 52 game season.