TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Friday, June 8, 2007
    Game 1 of Cavs-Spurs draws lowest prime time rating ever[/b]
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Game 1 of the NBA Finals drew the lowest rating ever for an opening-game in prime time, dropping 19 percent from last year.

The San Antonio Spurs' 85-76 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night earned a 6.3 rating and 11 share on ABC. The previous low was a 6.4/11 in 2003.

Last year's Game 1 between Miami and Dallas earned a 7.8 rating and 14 share.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned in to a broadcast among those households with televisions on at the time. A ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

Its very understandable that people dont want to watch "boring" basketball.

Anyone catch that beautiful touch pass from Horry to Duncan in the fourth quarter?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The fact that 10 times more people watched the all white NHL Finals is further proof that racism is alive and well.

What's that???.....No one watched the NHL Finals???

Oooops.....nevermind.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Friday, June 8, 2007
    Game 1 of Cavs-Spurs draws lowest prime time rating ever[/b]
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Game 1 of the NBA Finals drew the lowest rating ever for an opening-game in prime time, dropping 19 percent from last year.

The San Antonio Spurs' 85-76 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night earned a 6.3 rating and 11 share on ABC. The previous low was a 6.4/11 in 2003.

Last year's Game 1 between Miami and Dallas earned a 7.8 rating and 14 share.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned in to a broadcast among those households with televisions on at the time. A ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

Its very understandable that people dont want to watch "boring" basketball.

Anyone catch that beautiful touch pass from Horry to Duncan in the fourth quarter?

In sports, certain teams(Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, etc.) tend to attract the casual fan and even the "non-fan", which accounts for the higher ratings.

True fans of any sport will watch a Finals series regardless of who's playing.

True fans of any sport will watch a Finals series regardless of who's playing.[/b]

True fans of any sport will watch a Finals series regardless of who's playing.[/b]

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The number of people that have fallen out of discussion in this thread is pretty much in line with the ratings.

Time separates the real ones from the fake.

I am still a playa. you dudes be mad ho's.

After watching the first game of the series, I say sweep or 4-1 Spurs.

What yall say?

What yall say?

Like I said before Spurs in 5.

But real heads dont judge after game 1...........

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

And I have learned over the years to not talk shit until the series is over--it always comes back and bites me in the ass.

Anyway, at the very least, the Cavs will be fired up for the first game on their home court and will win game 3. Beyond that...well, I'm picking the Spurs to win and leaving it at that for now.

What yall say?

Like I said before Spurs in 5.

Cool.

Eh you're right, but it's HARD making predictions in basketball. I just didn't know which Spurs to expect in this series. Logic told me that the Spurs are the more fundamentally sound team, but they're also a team that lost twice to the young Laker squad in the regular. It's hard to have faith in a team like that. Maybe my standards are too high for what I expect in a championship team.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Let's talk about something INTERESTING. Who's gonna have the best regular season record next year? You think the Mavs will make power moves this summer? etc.

PHOENIX
    NO DOUBT
    DEAL

Let's talk about something INTERESTING. Who's gonna have the best regular season record next year? You think the Mavs will make power moves this summer? etc.
    PHOENIX

NO DOUBT
    DEAL

"I think its time to re-think why i'm here"

• What up fools?

Man, didn't get to see G1 cos I was stuck on tarmacs and in airports. Sounded like more of a drubbing than the score indicates. Round 1 to Bowen. I bet Bron will have something tonight.

Series doesn't start til a road team wins. Go Cavs!

• How bad is Pavlovic?

I have made a drinking game dedicated to him. Everytime he does something worthless or detrimental to his team (nearly everytime down either end of the floor), I take a drink.

Anyone care to join me?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

PHOENIX
    NO DOUBT
    DEAL

I think San Antonio is dealing with that right now.

Fuck all the Phoenix and Dallas hype. Get it down where it counts or shut the fuck up.

• Gawd. What a beat-down. You gotta represent better than that Cavs.

Where's Bron's calls?

This may end up being the lowest rated (TV) Finals ever.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    lebron seems to be having trouble dribbling the ball.

• Everytime Varejao falls on the ground, you take a drink.

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    Spurs in a sweep. jesus, I'm a fan, but can we get a fucking challenge at least.

and is it me, or is Steven A. Smith becoming Morris Day?

Would they fuckin start Boobie Gibson. Larry Hughes needs to stay in the hotel.WTF. What is Mike Brown playing all conservative for!!!WTF!!!

Put Boobie & Snow in the backcourt. Pavlovic can come off the bench.

At least they can lose by 10 and not 20.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    They need to give Gibson the start in Cleveland. I'm sure the Spurs got this but I can't see it being a sweep. Lebron's gonna get at least one.

Lebron's gonna get at least one.

U hope so.

Lebron's gonna get at least one.

U hope so.

It doesn't really matter to me either way, I didn't route for either team this year. I just think he has the ability to win a game on his own, even against the Spurs.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Spurs in a sweep. jesus, I'm a fan, but can we get a fucking challenge at least.

and is it me, or is Steven A. Smith becoming Morris Day?

Hahaha YES. Who is his Jerome then?

Spurs will win, if not sweep. Cleveland is a joke as a team, no matter how good LeBron is, basketball is a team sport. There is no way any team should be letting this guy anywhere near the rim, I don't care how quick or big he is, because a good double team should always be able to stop that.

And Tim Duncan is going to be remembered as one of the GOAT after the Spurs win this series. Just because there's no star powered players on the Spurs trying to rap and be stars doesn't mean they're not a dynasty. The most consistent team in basketball, hands down.

It'll be nice to see Michael Finley to get a ring.

And Tim Duncan is going to be remembered as one of the GOAT after the Spurs win this series.

I'm pretty sure he's already regarded as such.

It'll be nice to see Michael Finley to get a ring.

True, I was buggin' the other day when I realized he never got one.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i think if Parker keeps playing like this he'll get the MVP

• It'll be nice to see Michael Finley to get a ring.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    i think if Parker keeps playing like this he'll get the MVP

I was thinking about this, and if he does a case could be made. But ultimately Duncan is still the glues that holds the Spurs together. Parker's performance is extremely noteworthy because it is a bit surprising that he is being THIS dominant. Tim is playing as he is expected to play and therefore doesn't stand out as much, but he is still the Spurs most valuable player in this series.

I'm sure if you took either player away it would make a huge impact on the team in this series. I say if the Spurs win and Parker keeps it up, he should get it, just because Duncan already got it 3 times. If their performances are equally valuable, then why not?