TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Cavs vs Spurs. This is going to be a doozy. The NBA got their Superstar to the Finals and they couldnt be happier.Mike Brown - Underated? or

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Cavs vs Spurs.
    This is going to be a doozy.
    The Cavs to the Finals and Cleveland couldnt be happier.
    Mike Brown - Underated?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i don't know.

it seems like this series will be a sweep...3 championships in 7 years against a team that is led by 22 year old 4 year player with no supporting cast.

but for some reason i think it will be closer than people think.

for one, bruce bowen isn't that good on defense. not good enough to stop lebron that is.

and i think cleveland is underated defensivly.

i say spurs in 6.

is there anyone on here that will be rooting for the spurs ?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

DJ Enki... the lone Spurs fan that I have ever encountered, either online or in real life.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    go cavs...!

that double ot was hot to death...on the edge of my seat...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Spurs in 5

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

DJ Enki... the lone Spurs fan that I have ever encountered, either online or in real life.

hehe, me too.

i've never known in my life (non online) a pacer, jazz or spurs fan. ever.

although i'm kind of a fan of the jazz now.

dave

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yup yup.

It comes as no surprise that most will be rooting for the Cavs...but how many of you yatches are actually picking the Cavs to win it?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I'll be pulling for the Black and Silver, but mostly because of this man:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mike Brown - Underated?

Ya gotta love Mike Brown's nonchalant attitude.

I wanna see what Lebron can do, but I want his team to ultimately lose. So that I don't have to hear all the bandwagon non-ballers about how he's one step closer to divinity. I could imagine them saying ignorant shit like "Look what Lebron did, and Kobe didn't!".

b/w

I think Gibson will be a handful for Parker. But I don't think he can stop Parker without fouling so....i don't know.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

for one, bruce bowen isn't that good on defense. not good enough to stop lebron that is.

i hope bowen doesnt try some dirty shit on lebron. no sticking his foot under the shooter while he goes up, no knees to the groin etc.

im thinking the spurs in 6games.

Apparently, the Cavs swept the Spurs in low-scoring games during the regular season. Ofcourse, the Spurs kinda picked it up just prior to the playoffs, so we'll have to see. And Cleveland is feeling good about themselves...

This should be a great series. I don't think Popavich is dumb enough for Lebron or Gibson to dominate games. He's gonna force EVERYONE on the Cavs to hit shots. If he can do that, he pretty much has the O'Brien trophy wrapped up for him.

One more thing, Gooden is the X-factor for the Cavs. He needs to do what he does best; which is to go after loose balls, and basically create chaos on both ends. And hit some jumpshots. Get the Spurs "on tilt". They're not gonna kill themselves, somebody has to stir up the action, not just Lebron and Daniel Gibson.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    this sums up how ill the kid was the other night, for anyone who missd it. he is so happy when lebron is hyping him on the sidelines. check the clock after each 3...he hit like 3 in a row and 5 in the span of a couple minutes! this was a straight up assassination!!!!

• I could imagine them saying ignorant shit like "Look what Lebron did, and Kobe didn't!".

There really is no end to your adulation of Kobe Bryant, is there?

You remind me of Glenn Close.

this sums up how ill the kid was the other night, for anyone who missd it. he is so happy when lebron is hyping him on the sidelines. check the clock after each 3...he hit like 3 in a row and 5 in the span of a couple minutes! this was a straight up assassination!!!!

HOLY SHIT. Kid got some ballz. I think this may very well be Gibson's coming out party as well.

I could imagine them saying ignorant shit like "Look what Lebron did, and Kobe didn't!".

There really is no end to your adulation of Kobe Bryant, is there?

You remind me of Glenn Close.

That wasn't adulation. It was a defense mechanism.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    since I am probably the only person on here from Cleveland......... Cavs in 6

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    if cleveland wins, i'm sure people will be calling it the biggest upset in nba history. this series reminds me of the sixers-lakers finals from '01. the sixers got the first W and then the lakers smashed them in 4 straight. i think it might take a game or two for san antonio to figure out how to contain lebron.

the world will be rooting for the cavs, but san antonio isn't really a team you can hate. they play team ball and are basically ego-less. however, ginobli, imo, is one of the most exciting players in the league....rocky balboa-esq...minus the muscles. he looks like a total chump but makes some miraculous...and suprisingly athletic plays...even dunking on dudes.

• but san antonio isn't really a team you can hate.

Try being a fan of a team that is trying to come up in the same division/conference as those dudes. Add to that being displaced into "Spurs country". The hate flows like a fountain.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    since I am probably the only person on here from Cleveland......... Cavs in 6

i got you

but san antonio isn't really a team you can hate.

Try being a fan of a team that is trying to come up in the same division/conference as those dudes. Add to that being displaced into "Spurs country". The hate flows like a fountain.

No hate here. Never that for that matter.

They have their vulnerabilities. It's just that when it all comes together, it is a VERY beautiful thing.

• but san antonio isn't really a team you can hate.

No hate here. Never that for that matter.

How sweet.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I met a Jazz fan the other day. It was really weird. Cavs might give these guys a test. Regular season sweep is no joke.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    FINALS PREDICTION: the Spurs will take the first two in San An. Lebron will say to himself, "it's up to me to get this ring". He will then score all of the Cavs points in game 3, a 79-76 Cleveland victory. Marv Albert will soil his Victoria Secret undergarments as he proclaims Lebron to be the true and living God. Pooped from expending himself in that incredible game 3 of the ages, God will be unable to stop the Spurs from blowing out the Cavs (who really are a pretty hapless lot minus Bron's messiah-like abilities) in game 4. Down 3-1 in the series, Lebron will remark that it's "time to put this team on my back". The other Cavaliers will take this literally and gleefully climb onto Lebron, enjoying the ride as Bron Bron plays all five positions and trounces San Antonio singlehandedly in the last three games of the series. David Stern will have an orgasm at center court in the Alamodome as Lebron hoists the trophy over his head. Marv Albert will bite Steve Kerr on the back. Cancer will be cured and there will be peace in the middle east, all thanks to the force of nature that is Lebron James

• Marv Albert will bite Steve Kerr on the back.

Phil, man, the sports threads need you! As evidenced above.

NFL is so close I can smell it........

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow, still not enough daniel gibson talk.
    i played ball yesterday and i was channeling his spirit. pull up 3s and shit. teardrop floaters. we were down 10-4 in a game to 11 and we just started getting that swagger. with my rag tag bunch of team mates we started the aerial and mental assault and won 11-10. i was guarding the best player on the other team and he was kinda tough for me to guard in the paint. so i pulled out the mental game and crushed his spirit. shit was so dope. thats what ball is all about!!!!!! daniel gibson!!!! what!!!!!!!!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    FINALS PREDICTION: the Spurs will take the first two in San An. Lebron will say to himself, "it's up to me to get this ring". He will then score all of the Cavs points in game 3, a 79-76 Cleveland victory. Marv Albert will soil his Victoria Secret undergarments as he proclaims Lebron to be the true and living God. Pooped from expending himself in that incredible game 3 of the ages, God will be unable to stop the Spurs from blowing out the Cavs (who really are a pretty hapless lot minus Bron's messiah-like abilities) in game 4. Down 3-1 in the series, Lebron will remark that it's "time to put this team on my back". The other Cavaliers will take this literally and gleefully climb onto Lebron, enjoying the ride as Bron Bron plays all five positions and trounces San Antonio singlehandedly in the last three games of the series. David Stern will have an orgasm at center court in the Alamodome as Lebron hoists the trophy over his head. Marv Albert will bite Steve Kerr on the back. Cancer will be cured and there will be peace in the middle east, all thanks to the force of nature that is Lebron James

• wow, still not enough daniel gibson talk.
    i played ball yesterday and i was channeling his spirit. pull up 3s and shit. teardrop floaters. we were down 10-4 in a game to 11 and we just started getting that swagger. with my rag tag bunch of team mates we started the aerial and mental assault and won 11-10. i was guarding the best player on the other team and he was kinda tough for me to guard in the paint. so i pulled out the mental game and crushed his spirit. shit was so dope. thats what ball is all about!!!!!! daniel gibson!!!! what!!!!!!!!

What kind of shit is that where you don't have to win by 2?

• It'll be interesting to see if Gibson can keep it up. Could change the complexion of the series.

I tell you what though. This "Boobie" shit is played. He played in Austin for two years and I never heard him called that once. That's not on him, that's on the media is what I'm saying.

I especially liked the part about Marv Albert soiling his VS undergarments, and the Force of Nature part.

"David Stern having an orgasm at center court"! LOL Phil_Most is officially back in the NBA thread.

There are so many truth nuggets in this piece.