You shall not crush my dissent

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I am generally against censorship on the strut. I will defend to the death Slababada and Rock's right to make complete asses of themselves but, unlike them, this cat never gives anything back here.

I support your assholism too!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am generally against censorship on the strut. I will defend to the death Slababada and Rock's right to make complete asses of themselves but, unlike them, this cat never gives anything back here.

I support your assholism too!!

Ri**, please refrain from misquoting me. I said, "asses" not assholes.

• His "Top 10 Guitarist" response was spot on.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    As a casual observer this is pretty funny stuff and what makes the strut interesting. It will be interesting to know how many will add that blog to their bookmarks.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more regular posters make up fake indentities just to stir shit up. Makes for interesting reading.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I am generally against censorship on the strut. I will defend to the death Slababada and Rock's right to make complete asses of themselves but, unlike them, this cat never gives anything back here. Fuck him. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, chimp.

ORLY?

I remember quite a different sentiment from you when I was banned.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    cant Raj get his little pissy rant page taken down because he stole the soulstrut logo for it? I believe Raj has a legal "no biting" copyright thingy, no?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I can't believe you dudes are actually ass-hurt over dolo. I can't believe he was banned.

BRING BACK DOLO!

• I can't believe you dudes are actually ass-hurt over dolo. I can't believe he was banned.

BRING BACK DOLO!

If it would please you, I can increase the frequency of my posts for your comic amusement.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

A tale told by an idiot, indeed.

UNBAN DOLO!! Comic foils are

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I can't believe you dudes are actually ass-hurt over dolo. I can't believe he was banned.

BRING BACK DOLO!

Anyone here ever see Faux and Dolo at the same time???

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I think dolo needs soulstrut as an outlet for his feelings of rage and inadequacy - in real life he's probably a scared little rabbit, while in his mindgarden( & online) he's a valiant warrior speaking truth to power.

see Virginia Tech, that Eng douchebag etc.

---

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

BRING BACK DOLO!

for once I'm actually in agreement with Senor Rillz. This sh!t is pure comedy to me

effete glitter mascara motherfuckers

so many quotables.

I think dolo needs soulstrut as an outlet for his feelings of rage and inadequacy - in real life he's probably a scared little rabbit, while in his mindgarden( & online) he's a valiant warrior speaking truth to power certain flip-flop wearing unscrupulous fiend for boogaloo records, who deliberately employs poor spelling to disguise his identity.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I think dolo needs soulstrut as an outlet for his feelings of rage and inadequacy - in real life he's probably a scared little rabbit, while in his mindgarden( & online) he's a valiant warrior speaking truth to power certain flip-flop wearing unscrupulous fiend for boogaloo records, who deliberately employs poor spelling to disguise his identity.

if this is the true, then call me

although that would explain his contempt for 'burger flippers' & fascination with high end retail items - '2 grand worth of the finest feathers' blah blah blah.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

if this is the true, then call me

PLEASE BE TRUE!!

That unveiling would truly rank up there as
    one of the great all-time SS moments!

I've got the graemlin ready to go:

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wow!

I don't recall him ever posting about records on soulstrut, but on his blog he is an expert on library records and the world greatest guitarists. Now that we know that he cares about and is knowledgeable on records maybe we should unban him... Naw.

Here are 2 funny things for a guy who never posted about music or records here to be saying:

Two things I knew before even entering the thread were that; 1. many players typically regarded as amongst the best guitar players will be mentioned only rarely, and 2. a number of those same players will be criticised. Again, the purpose is the same. They are attempting to intimate the supposed depths of their knowledge. An obvious and regularly used way to do that is excorate the conventional wisdom therby aggrandizing your own in relation.

There you have it folks. The only thing worse than having knowledge is sharing it with others. In Dolos world if you can't learn it on Entertainment tonight or MTV it is not worth knowing. If you do know something please don't share because somebody else might learn something thus making you look like self aggrandizing ass.

This attitude is perfectly illustrated here:

Yet another example is Dr.Wu???s offering of his top 10 african players. Is the thread entitled top 10 african players dr.wu? did anyone at any point in the thread express an interest in hearing who your top ten african guitarists are? isnt it true, dr.wu, that your motivation for offering that list was simply to make the statement ???I know alot about african music???? Of course, now get the fuck outta here!

Dr Wu's list of African guitarists was one of the highlights (or highlifes) of the thread. Gave me a few names to check out and some not to forget. Plus it enlisted more conversation about great African guitarists and a youtube clip. The kind of knowledge sharing that makes soulstrut great. The kind of sharing of knowledge that dolo can't stand.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

if this is the true

its not, dolo posts from the UK

if this is the true

Please--you think Young Supercilious lacks the know-how to camouflage his IP?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

if this is the true

Please--you think Young Supercilious lacks the know-how to camouflage his IP?

yes

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    My level of care about the dynamics and goings-on of soul strut has not risen to the blogging-about-it level, and even if it had, any audience to whom it is worth writing on a topic of such limited appeal would surely already hold my exact same views and opinions. In a way, I look down upon Dolo for caring as much as he obviously does.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am generally against censorship on the strut. I will defend to the death Slababada and Rock's right to make complete asses of themselves but, unlike them, this cat never gives anything back here. Fuck him. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, chimp.

ORLY?

I remember quite a different sentiment from you when I was banned.

To my knowledge I have never called for your ban. If I did then my bad. I find the ban thing to be unnecessary for the most part. The Strut is largely a self-policing place. For example, when you made tasteless wisecracks about people crashing their planes into buildings, people called you out, you "apologized" and we all moved on. While I think you are an idiot when you talk politics, at least you care about music. When I tire of teaching you about the constitution then I simply move on to other fare. No need to ban. My guess is that one day you will tire of our criticism of your right wing BS and either drop it or move on to greener pastures.

Dan, many of those guitarists you already know from bands like Bembeya Jazz and Orchestra Baobab.

My level of care about the dynamics and goings-on of soul strut has not risen to the
    blogging-about-it level, and even if it had, any audience to whom it is worth writing on a topic of such limited appeal would surely already hold my exact same views and opinions. In a way, I look down upon Dolo for caring as much as he obviously does.

Consider it a compliment--I have never seen the alias game played as hard or as well as by Dolo.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My level of care about the dynamics and goings-on of soul strut has not risen to the
    blogging-about-it level, and even if it had, any audience to whom it is worth writing on a topic of such limited appeal would surely already hold my exact same views and opinions. In a way, I look down upon Dolo for caring as much as he obviously does.

Consider it a compliment--I have never seen the alias game played as hard or as well as by Dolo.

If this true, it would be one of the all-time great fucking-with-your-minds moves. I always assumed that it was an alias due the lack of record related posting or personal info. But the blog and the dipping my toe into music criticism has me shook. Where's Sleuther Vandross. We need to put this shit to rest

So laserwolf???s attempted defense is nonsensical but im still glad he wrote it. It???s laughably earnest tone brought to mind visions of a stern faced laserwolf, voice quivering as he dictated his response to himself as he wrote it. This is a man who talks from the bossom via the bowel. I suspect that if you were to rifle under his bed that buried beneath the busterific attire and imported anime memorabilia you would find a journal, a leather bound journal! each entry most probably prefaced by an extract from some long dead poet.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    My level of care about the dynamics and goings-on of soul strut has not risen to the blogging-about-it level, and even if it had, any audience to whom it is worth writing on a topic of such limited appeal would surely already hold my exact same views and opinions. In a way, I look down upon Dolo for caring as much as he obviously does.

You have just volunteered to be the next victim impaled on the poisoned pen of Dolo.
    Prepare yourself.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

You have just volunteered to be the next victim impaled on the poisoned pen of Dolo.
    Prepare yourself.

He can only hope. I have a feeling that people will start to feel unimportant if they aren't written about in this blog.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So laserwolf???s attempted defense is nonsensical but im still glad he wrote it. It???s laughably earnest tone brought to mind visions of a stern faced laserwolf, voice quivering as he dictated his response to himself as he wrote it. This is a man who talks from the bossom via the bowel. I suspect that if you were to rifle under his bed that buried beneath the busterific attire and imported anime memorabilia you would find a journal, a leather bound journal! each entry most probably prefaced by an extract from some long dead poet.

I resemble that remark.