NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I feel you.

How fast do u expect the change to happen though? Im mean the Bulls werent even a threat 2 sesons ago and now youve improved.

the problem is that their trade prospects have deteriorated significantly .... all the talk of gasol, KG, et al to the bulls is dead now that pj brown is expiring - he was the contract they were going to use to make a blockbuster happen. it's not impossible, but you're talking about sign-and-trades with either gordon or nocioni, and it's a much different story when those guys have full contract extensions. jermaine o'neal would be great for them but i simply don't see the pacers taking back a big money deal on a guy like gordon to make it happen just to get that pick. gasol and KG are impossible now. there was a window there, but it's pretty much open and shut. the other issue is that the made a "win now" signing w/ ben wallace, yet are determined to take the slow and steady route in developing their youngsters ... i'm of the opinion that if they could have acquired a marquee power foward at the deadline without giving up deng and didn't then they fucked up.

but at least they have a high pick. i wonder what the over/under is on paxson wasting the pick on josh mcroberts .....

Why the hell didnt they trade PJ Brown when he wanted out earlier in the season. I like what he brings to the table but c'mon. I wonder if no team wanted him.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I feel you.

How fast do u expect the change to happen though? Im mean the Bulls werent even a threat 2 sesons ago and now youve improved.

the problem is that their trade prospects have deteriorated significantly .... all the talk of gasol, KG, et al to the bulls is dead now that pj brown is expiring - he was the contract they were going to use to make a blockbuster happen. it's not impossible, but you're talking about sign-and-trades with either gordon or nocioni, and it's a much different story when those guys have full contract extensions. jermaine o'neal would be great for them but i simply don't see the pacers taking back a big money deal on a guy like gordon to make it happen just to get that pick. gasol and KG are impossible now. there was a window there, but it's pretty much open and shut. the other issue is that the made a "win now" signing w/ ben wallace, yet are determined to take the slow and steady route in developing their youngsters ... i'm of the opinion that if they could have acquired a marquee power foward at the deadline without giving up deng and didn't then they fucked up.

but at least they have a high pick. i wonder what the over/under is on paxson wasting the pick on josh mcroberts .....

Why the hell didnt they trade PJ Brown when he wanted out earlier in the season. I like what he brings to the table but c'mon. I wonder if no team wanted him.

Mavs apparently tried to get him but Austin Croshere wasn't enough bait.

• faded_gloryfaded_glory 421 Posts
    or, instead of going the PF route, i'm convinced they could have traded pj brown, gordon, and the knicks' pick to boston for pierce. that would have worked for them.

or, instead of going the PF route, i'm convinced they could have traded pj brown, gordon, and the knicks' pick to boston for pierce. that would have worked for them.

Pierce for Gordon is not that much of a scoring difference.

Shit, Croshere was the only cat tryin to take it to the hole during the "The Dubs Debacle".

major size difference, and pierce scores in ways gordon can't - esp. in the post. gordon is a fucking midget. he's totally in over his head in a playoff series against a team with a legitimate 6'7" shooting guard. he needs to be a sixth man.

Shit, Croshere was the only cat tryin to take it to the hole during the "The Dubs Debacle".
    If you remember about 6 weeks before the season ended, Croshere went off for 43 points one night......that was the Mav's "Showcase" for the Bulls but they didn't take the bait!!

If you remember about 6 weeks before the season ended, Croshere went off for 43 points one night......that was the Mav's "Showcase" for the Bulls but they didn't take the bait!!
    Holy Shit your right. Croshere was a key bench player for the Pacers Losing championship team.

major size difference, and pierce scores in ways gordon can't - esp. in the post. gordon is a fucking midget. he's totally in over his head in a playoff series against a team with a legitimate 6'7" shooting guard. he needs to be a sixth man.

I hear ya. But isnt Pierce a "win now" veteran as well?

I hear ya. But isnt Pierce a "win now" veteran as well?

... which would only make sense to go along with their choice to ditch tyson chandler in favor of ben wallace. if they're not careful wallace and his contract are going to become a major ball and chain in a few years ....

I really like Tyson Chandler's game.....I think a year or two from now the Bulls will really regret giving up on him and Curry.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I really like Tyson Chandler's game.....I think a year or two from now the Bulls will really regret giving up on him
    YES.

but alas, tyson doesn't fit into their long-term plans and had to get traded - no seven-footers allowed! and, dude, if you think the bulls don't miss curry right now then i don't know what to say. okay, fine, he doesn't play defense, but the bulls are proving right now that one-dimensional defensive players are just as much of a liability when it comes down to it.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    I really like Tyson Chandler's game.....I think a year or two from now the Bulls will really regret giving up on him and Curry.

Chandler had a phenomenal year with the Hornets!! it's too bad he didn't fit in with the Bulls style of play. or did he just get THAT much better over the course of a year???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BARON DAVIS EN FUEGO!!!!!!!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Game 2 loss was devastating. This is a step towards making up for it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dang, you could probably throw any team at the Warriors at home and they will not lose. Good thing, I didn't start talking trash after game 2.

That Baron dunk on Kirilenko was kinda hard.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

That Baron dunk on Kirilenko was fukin insane.

Dude, the spin moves and the dunk, crazed.

Please please please please let there be a Warriors Vs Suns WCF

PLEASE.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts

The post-posterizing dunk reaction by Baron and Stephen was straight classic. The technical was so worth it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Dude, the spin moves and the dunk, crazed.

PLEASE.

I can actually do that 360 in the air shit, but I can't dunk. Matter of fact, I was locking down this dude at Mar vista park and shit.

Warriors/Sun will be a wet dream for you mofos. Word up and I am drunk....fuk (a break?)

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

That Baron dunk on Kirilenko was like Rocky knocking out Ivan Drago.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Curry, maybe, if he can stay in shape.
    Chandler is the biggest wimp in NBA history.
    If he would have went to college, he probably wouldn't be in the game today.
    Straight fraud that plays basketball only because he's 7 feet tall.
    Tyson Chandler = Shawn Bradley

Curry, maybe, if he can stay in shape.
    Chandler is the biggest wimp in NBA history.
    If he would have went to college, he probably wouldn't be in the game today.
    Straight fraud that plays basketball only because he's 7 feet tall.
    Tyson Chandler = Shawn Bradley

Until this past season I might have agreed with you on Chandler.....you obviously didn't see him play this year!!

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    I saw the dude make some way-too-emphatic tip-in dunks, that's about it.
    To each his own, but still I think TC is a major pussy.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

is there a video/youtube of this dunk yet??? i missed it and don't have a tv!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

is there a video/youtube of this dunk yet??? i missed it and don't have a tv!!!

It's gotta be up on ESPN.com... I saw it probably 20 times this morning on sportscenter. Posterized is right. "stephen jackson was dusting the remains of AK-47 off Baron Davis" lolololololol

btw, a sure fire way to know that NYC is dead... more MARINERS fans at the sports bar I was at than Yankees fans...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• SOUP LINE ASS MOTHER FUCKER TAKE THAT SHIT BACK TO RUSSIA

http://nba.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/12/baron-davis-monster-dunk-on-andre-kirilenko/

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    holy shit! if anything makes kirilenko cry, it should be that. nasty!