Grindhouse.....

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Here in L.A., it coincides with the film noir double feature annual festival, starting later this week and continuing into next month, which is also going down in Manhattan.

Anyone else think that Quentin's next tribute is going to be Bollywood? It's bound to happen. Within 10 years, he's going to run out of cult/niche film genres to cover.

I can't see that. Bollywood may be niche in North America, but it's more mainstream than Hollywood in a good chunk of Asia.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It's Keith Mansfield's "Soul Thing", from the Pronit LP "The Keith Mansfield Orchestra", I think. Anybody want a copy?

Nope - it's "Funky Fanfare" ... am I the only nerd who stuck around to read the credits just to find out what it was?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It's Keith Mansfield's "Soul Thing", from the Pronit LP "The Keith Mansfield Orchestra", I think. Anybody want a copy?

Nope - it's "Funky Fanfare" ... am I the only nerd who stuck around to read the credits just to find out what it was?

In that case, "Soul Thing" and "Funky Fanfare" must be different versions of the same track because they sound nearly identical.

• Werewolf Women of the SS

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Werewolf Women of the SS

hahaha yes yes!!

I loved it! It was a bit too much at times, but I liked it. I have to agree that Rose MsGowan looks bangin hot! (no homo)

I thought it was creative and funny, but at times could drag. But Bozak reminded me that that is the style of QT. Conversations, conversations...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Saw the movie today at a matinee.

Kurt Russell is a bad ass.

Dawson is as usual. Loved that little bob haircut.

Liked the trailers, especially Machette.

Music in the QT movie was great.

Had some funny moments in the Rodriguez movie.

However, overall I was actually pretty bored throughout both features. There simply wasn't enough going on to keep my interest for long stretches. I thought all the chit chat between the different crews of girls in the QT movie was especially tiresome. More Kurt Russell!

I would have to give the movie a thumbs down.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I hate to say it, but Rosario looked straight mannish.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

she generally does.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Just say no Day, just say no!

She looked hella fine to me with that haircut.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Just say no Day, just say no!

She looked hella fine to me with that haircut.

Look at those fingers

I'm wondering if ol' Robert Rosie has been getting over on everybody this whole time

I'm playing. But I wasn't feeling that look in the film.

I was feeling her though (bent nose and all)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You guys are crazy. Sure she is a little tomboyish maybe but still smoking.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I'd take any one of the gals in Grindhouse over the plastic surgery-looking mug of Rose McGowan, even the mannish Zoe Bell!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Except for the dull & annoying Sydney Poitier-led womens' acting workshop in the first part of DEATH PROOF, this movie was a fucking great rollercoaster ride.

Since the precedent for sweeping generalizations has long since been set on this board, I can say the following with absolutely no hesitation:

IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE GRINDHOUSE, YOU DON'T LIKE MOVIES.

• You guys are crazy. Sure she is a little tomboyish maybe but still smoking.

I'd take any one of the gals in Grindhouse over the plastic surgery-looking mug of Rose McGowan, even the mannish Zoe Bell!

Zoe Bell ain't completely mannish. She was workin w/ some thangs and some of those hood shots were downright sexy.

Really, which one of you trolls is kickin ANY of these lovely ladies out the boudoir?

Zoe Bell ain't completely mannish. She was workin w/ some thangs and some of those hood shots were downright sexy.

Really, which one of you trolls is kickin ANY of these lovely ladies out the boudoir?

Granted, Rose ain't built poorly, but I seriously think her face is a bit of a mess.

• You guys are crazy. Sure she is a little tomboyish maybe but still smoking.

Granted, Rose ain't built poorly, but I seriously think her face is a bit of a mess.

Face?

THEY BOOTIES IS TOUCHIN'!!!!!!

Rose M is alright w/ me. I been a fan since the mesh-top-on-the-red-carpet days.

right. both got fine asses I guess. but this is '07. lots of girls got fine asses. these girls faces are busted. I would kick them out the Datsun bucket with no hesitation.

just to remind y'all, some chicks got bodacious booties AND are beautiful:

just saying.

right. both got fine asses I guess. but this is '07. lots of girls got fine asses. these girls faces are busted. I would kick them out the Datsun bucket with no hesitation.

just to remind y'all, some chicks got bodacious booties AND are beautiful:

just saying.

I don't see how you could describe Rosario Dawson's face as busted....lay off that shit, man!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I wonder if she always looks weeded out of her mind? Hey, it looks good on her, though. Nice.

I don't see how you could describe Rosario Dawson's face as busted....lay off that shit, man!

what can I say? she's got a jaw that puts Leno to shame. I'm just not into the horse face thing. no offense to you; like so much other shit that gets argued ad nauseum on here, it's a matter of taste

what can I say? she's got a jaw that puts Leno to shame. I'm just not into the horse face thing. no offense to you; like so much other shit that gets argued ad nauseum on here, it's a matter of taste

No offense taken, more for me! Me, I like a good strong jaw on a lady....yes, AYO.

• adazpayadazpay 17 Posts
    Just for the record, Nerd Alerts, the cars in Death Proof:

The first car that Kurt shows up in, running the rear tire over Vanessa Ferlito's face at the end of that half, is a 71 Chevy Nova SS. Gangster.

The second car Kurt drives is a 68 Dodge Charger (the same as the General Lee), versus the aforementioned 70 Challenger. This schitt was a Mopar fan's wet dream ...

Nova:

Charger:

Challenger:

• I would kick them out the Datsun bucket with no hesitation.

Yeah,

Plaese to post photos of you w/ girls hotter than this.

I would kick them out the Datsun bucket with no hesitation.

Yeah,

hahaha I wish.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I would kick them out the Datsun bucket with no hesitation.

Yeah,

Can't the dude just not find her attractive?

Yeah,

hahaha I wish.

And to be clear....."THEY BOOTIES IS TOUCHIN" doesn't necessarily mean said booties are fine, just that they are touching. That said, those are some nice rears.

Alba...what can be said. That pic is great.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

The first car that Kurt shows up in, running the rear tire over Vanessa Ferlito's face at the end of that half, is a 71 Chevy Nova SS. Gangster.

The second car Kurt drives is a 68 Dodge Charger (the same as the General Lee), versus the aforementioned 70 Challenger. This schitt was a Mopar fan's wet dream ...

Why would they use a Charger and call it a Challenger all movie? They can't be that misinformed and a Challenger can't be that hard to come by. Are you positive about that? I thought I even saw the challenger logo on the white car at one point. It just seems odd that they would call a Charger a Challenger in a movie that was all about the car. I even saw a show about the movie before I saw the movie and they talked about how hard they focused on finding the right automobiles for this flick. I wish there were pictures of the white car fro mthe movie online but I can't find any.

Yeah,

Can't the dude just not find her attractive?

Absolutely. It's the Datsun comment (an obvious joke), that led me to reply w/ what I also thought was an obvious joke. Rootless seems to have taken it as such.

Why would they use a Charger and call it a Challenger all movie? They can't be that misinformed and a Challenger can't be that hard to come by. Are you positive about that? I thought I even saw the challenger logo on the white car at one point. It just seems odd that they would call a Charger a Challenger in a movie that was all about the car. I even saw a show about the movie before I saw the movie and they talked about how hard they focused on finding the right automobiles for this flick. I wish there were pictures of the white car fro mthe movie online but I can't find any.

No no no...The WHITE car the girls were test driving was indeed the Challenger, and he's saying that Kurt started with and WRECKED the Nova, then in the second half was rockin' the black CHARGER.