Grindhouse.....

Comments

• This schitt looks like it would be painful to sit through: tributes to hack film-making by two hack directors.

Can you do the members of the board a favor and make a list of things you don't know everything about? It's really, really, small, isn't it?

Watch out, y'all...YOU HAVE AWAKENED THE DRAMA TEACHER.

School is in session!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This schitt looks like it would be painful to sit through: tributes to hack film-making by two hack directors.

Can you do the members of the board a favor and make a list of things you don't know everything about? It's really, really, small, isn't it?

School is in session!

We will shortly learn the best method for paying tribute to exploitation films of the past.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This schitt looks like it would be painful to sit through: tributes to hack film-making by two hack directors.

School is in session!

We will shortly learn the best method for paying tribute to exploitation films of the past.

MAD, MAD DRAMA...

• His car is a 1970 Dodge Challenger, which was supposed to be, as pointed out to us several times, like the one in Vanishing Point

So long as filmmakers aren't destroying '66 GTOs I'm fine.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

His car is a 1970 Dodge Challenger, which was supposed to be, as pointed out to us several times, like the one in Vanishing Point

[nerd alert]Actually, the car Zoe Bell wants to and then drives is the Challenger a la 'Vanishing Point'. I honestly am ashamed to admit I don't know the exact make model or year of Kurt's awesome car. I am trying to find out.[/nerd alert]

• It's a Chevy Nova.

EDIT: '70 or '71.

It's a Chevy Nova.

EDIT: '70 or '71.

let me re-phrase, awesome looking car, I always heard that Novas were not that hot as far as actual performance was concerned. I did always like the look of them though.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I am clearly not the audience for this movie.

Who really is? 40+ year olds who remember this? QT/RR Dirk Riders? Film Geeks?Middle America?

What/who is the "target" audience for this?

Just Sayin/Askin?

I'M NOT 40 YET!

• I'd take any Chevy from that era with a SS tag on it, even an El Camino.

I'd take any Chevy from that era with a SS tag on it, even an El Camino.

I am a Pontiac man, myself, I have a '66 Pontiac Tempest (precursor to the GTO) in storage awaiting proper restoration. Drove it as my only ride from '97-'03. My brother's first car was an El Camino, I forget what year...those things are cop magnets.

• I'm really disappointed that "Machete" isn't a real movie I can go see.

This was a fun movie. The QT beefs are legit. He tried to flip it and have his macho dialogue spoken by a bunch of chicks and it lacked the usual zip. COuld have used some censoring there. That aspect did lend to the 70s fell though as I recall several bad movies w/ rambling stretches in between the set pieces. All the ladies were smokin too so that didn't hurt. The 4 play death scene was killer. His music choices were top notch as well. That Jack Nitszche cut on the title was great.

Kurt Russell is the man. Why doesn't he work more? Definitely the best thing about the whole shebang. The part where he was freaking out after he got shot had us rolling.

You can't even front on any aspect of "Planet Terror" if you're a horror fan. Josh Brolin is becoming the master creep. Oh and the score Rodriguez put together was top-notch Carpenter homage at points.

Why wouldn't you see this in the theater if you have any interest whatsoever? The best bang for your buck you're gonna get for that astronomical ticket. What, you gon' catch that new Tyler Perry joint?

Oh, and the "Halloween" trailer? R. Zombie was made to make horror films.

• I'd take any Chevy from that era with a SS tag on it, even an El Camino.

I am a Pontiac man, myself, I have a '66 Pontiac Tempest (precursor to the GTO) in storage awaiting proper restoration. Drove it as my only ride from '97-'03. My brother's first car was an El Camino, I forget what year...those things are cop magnets.

Nice. I like Pontiacs the most, too.

I saw a perfectly restored Judge being driven by some dirtballs the other week on the Beltline. I was jealous.

Right fuckin on!

I second that!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Right fuckin on!

I second that!

Danny Trejo is my god.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    FONT SIZE="24">DON'T/FONT>

• That Thanksgiving trailer was bananas.

This movie was a real fun flick to watch. Compared to the rest of the garbage out I cant believe people would actually hate on a movie that's only intention is to be fun.

Different strokes.

On the real though.....what???s up with Sydney Poitier's daughter Sydney Poitier?

Fuck all that Veronica Mars shit.......she needs to get into some of that XXX stuff.

Fine as a mothafucka.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what???s up with Sydney Poitier's daughter Sydney Poitier?

that shit confused the shit out of me.

• Ya...

I've always wondered is she Sydney Poitier Jr?

Do sons only get the privilege of being a Jr?

Never met a female Jr.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Ya...

I've always wondered is she Sydney Poitier Jr?

Do sons only get the privilege of being a Jr?

Never met a female Jr.

This is perhaps one of the best questions I've heard in weeks. I have never ever thought of that.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Right fuckin on!

Wow, this made my day.

Back to the film. With Tarantino's part, the talking shit was a bit to much. But the last 20 minutes makes up for everything. The ending was almost perfect. Fuck any hate. Tarantino & Rodriguez "hacks" LMAO.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Maybe it was the brownies, but I laughed during the first film until I was weak.

Dude I was cracking up when that first guy goes into the hospital and he checks out his tongue.... so many funny parts in Planet Terror , where certain people won't laugh but man I was laughing a lot at how ridiculous the shit was. Tarantino was funny in that one.

Overall for me it was an entertaining time , if you take yourself too seriously you probably won't like this movie.

how about the trailer 'Don't, Don't Don't Don't Don'tDon't!

• Can anyone tell me the name of the jazzy lounge track playing during the "featured presentation" clips before both films. I know the song and can't pull it out for the life of me.

SONIC

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    what???s up with Sydney Poitier's daughter Sydney Poitier?

that shit confused the shit out of me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0688624/

her dance scene in front of the juke is

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Right fuckin on!

Wow, this made my day.

Back to the film. With Tarantino's part, the talking shit was a bit to much. But the last 20 minutes makes up for everything. The ending was almost perfect. Fuck any hate. Tarantino & Rodriguez "hacks" LMAO.

"Mexploitation"

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Can anyone tell me the name of the jazzy lounge track playing during the "featured presentation" clips before both films. I know the song and can't pull it out for the life of me.

SONIC

I always thought that was just the 'feature presentation' theme... you think it pre-dates this??

If any one has any of these types of clips (not you-tube, or flash maybe mpg or avi) I would like to have some of them for making "trailer reels". The restricted 'cub in jungle' was really cool. I doubt they are out there but who knows.

Grindhouse was great.. will be seeing it again in the theater or sure.
    T
    oo bad I saw it at the alamo village and not alamo downtown.. the downtown alamo is shown in death proof.. I'm sure the crowd went nuts (and goes nuts) every time this scene is shown.

The downtown alamo showed grindhouse only after 4 other grindhouse movies starting at 11:00. In my experience I can usually only make it until about 5:00 A.M. on this sort of thing.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Can anyone tell me the name of the jazzy lounge track playing during the "featured presentation" clips before both films. I know the song and can't pull it out for the life of me.

SONIC

I always thought that was just the 'feature presentation' theme... you think it pre-dates this??

I'm pretty sure it's a library track. I'm not up on my library shit but the credits listed Keith Mansfield and that name definitely sounds familiar. It's been sampled before too and I'm racking my brain trying to remember who did it.

Herm

• Probally one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've never been compeled to leave a movie. Putit this way, my homeboy was asleep through most of the movie. Both directors totally nailed the "hey we're making a shitty-movie, intentionally" but in the process they just made a shitty fucking movie And honestly a lot of the gore was too much and man.....kind of damn offesnive.

I haven't read this thread but knowing Soulstrut there's probally a couple fan-boys praising it. Maybe if I grew up reading "fangoria" instead of the Source I would creamed my pants.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    shit but the credits listed Keith Mansfield and that name definitely sounds familiar. It's been sampled before too and I'm racking my brain trying to remember who did it.

Herm

http://www.the-breaks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13511&highlight=danger+doom