NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah, the Celtics weren't playing Friday night. I expected them to lose to the Spurs by 20. They won? Sweet.

The fact that the Suns have promptly lost two straight kinda makes me think they invested A LOT in Wednesday's win at the Mavs. Two game hangover? GTFOHWTBS. They won't beat the Mavs in 7. Shit, they probably won't get past the Spurs.

So your makin playoff predictions already? Smells very familiar.

Absolutely. Check the location dude. It's goin down.

Like before, No-srtadamas?

• Yeah, the Celtics weren't playing Friday night. I expected them to lose to the Spurs by 20. They won? Sweet.

The fact that the Suns have promptly lost two straight kinda makes me think they invested A LOT in Wednesday's win at the Mavs. Two game hangover? GTFOHWTBS. They won't beat the Mavs in 7. Shit, they probably won't get past the Spurs.

What I'm 'po to think, "yeah we're gonna lose"????? Enjoy spitting spitballs at me, holmes. I gives a fuck.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn GP, you gettin' feisty on a Sunday morning.

• Damn GP, you gettin' feisty on a Sunday morning.

Really? I'm just saying......it's not crazy to think the Mavs can seal the deal this year.

Yeah, the Celtics weren't playing Friday night. I expected them to lose to the Spurs by 20. They won? Sweet.

What I'm 'po to think, "yeah we're gonna lose"????? Enjoy spitting spitballs at me, holmes. I gives a fuck.

I love throwin u bait.

Really? I'm just saying......it's not crazy to think the Mavs can seal the deal this year.

It's not.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Denver pimp-spanked the Suns last night.

Specifically, AI did: 44/15/5

A.I.>Nash>Dirk in the MVP votes?

Obviously not.

But he was the MVP last night.

True, he was amazing, best game since being with the Nuggets, but we would've lost that game had we not had, what, 35 assists as a team and played some solid D all night long. Take away all 20 of AI's points in the 3rd and we still won the game. Suns were MAD About it last night, Nash was mouthin' shit to the refs, Marion was bangin' with Melo (some kinda rivalry goin' on there, I think Marion had some comments about Melo regarding the AllStar game? Anybody know bout that?), Kurt Thomas just looked mad as hell all night. We were up by 40 at one point.

It's about time, this is the team everybody has expected to see since the trade. Now we go on the road for 5 games with 4 straight wins, and we're a great road team this year. Watch out world.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

This thread is going to be HELLISH if Dirk doesn't get MVP the Mavs get knocked out of the playoffs.

Just saying.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Denver pimp-spanked the Suns last night.

Specifically, AI did: 44/15/5

A.I.>Nash>Dirk in the MVP votes?

Obviously not.

But he was the MVP last night.

True, he was amazing, best game since being with the Nuggets, but we would've lost that game had we not had, what, 35 assists as a team and played some solid D all night long. Take away all 20 of AI's points in the 3rd and we still won the game.

True... but not without his ~12 assists in the first half.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Now I think it's time for your twice-daily Gerber infusion, gramps.

I let Dolo make personal insults because he's a little pussy who will never show his face in public....

You on the other hand should be above that kind of shit.

But if that's all you got.....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

This thread is going to be HELLISH if Dirk doesn't get MVP the Mavs get knocked out of the playoffs.

Just saying.

I wanna see SA or Detroit take 'em out.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I laughed out loud when I read this in today's SF Chronicle.

"The way you're playing, it doesn't matter who comes back. Jesus Christ could come back, and we still wouldn't have a chance."

- Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, on the impending returns of Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, to his team last Sunday after its franchise-worst 36-point loss to the Mavericks.

I laughed out loud when I read this in today's SF Chronicle.

"The way you're playing, it doesn't matter who comes back. Jesus Christ could come back, and we still wouldn't have a chance."

- Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, on the impending returns of Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, to his team last Sunday after its franchise-worst 36-point loss to the Mavericks.

The Lakers really had some hard luck with the injuries, taking out Lamar, Luke, and Kwame. They're looking nowhere near the team that took out Utah and SA in the early season.

• watch out for the b-man

Dude....I LOVE the Dallas Chapparals avatar!!!

Dirk MVP watch........

Didn't miss a shot and got 19 points in the 4th Quarter Friday night against the Celts.

Today against the Pistons.....

28 Points 12 Boards and a win over the Beasts from the East

• Damn GP, you gettin' feisty on a Sunday morning.

Just saying.

Mark Jackson recognizes the real. I'll take that W in the Palace.

So that's what constitutes a flagrant foul against the rough and tumble Pistons?

Dirk MVP watch........

Didn't miss a shot and got 19 points in the 4th Quarter Friday night against the Celts.

Dude needs to make those freethrows down the stretch though.

Dirk MVP watch........

Dude needs to make those freethrows down the stretch though.

Best free throw percentage for a 7 footer in the history of the game!!

But yeah, he needs to hit them in the clutch too.

Good game. You D*rk Riders are really something else.

OHHHHhhhhhhh.

OHHHHhhhhhhh.

I am astronomically distraught at a 4 point, late-season loss to the Mavericks, with our starting point guard on the bench.

OHHHHhhhhhhh.

I am astronomically distraught at a 4 point, late-season loss to the Mavericks, with our starting point guard on the bench.

You really shouldn't be, Chauncey was out.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    rasheed needs to know his role. those 3's at the end were embarrasing.

For someone who has been watchin the game for so long im surprised your impressed w/ such an empty statistic. C'mon, Rock. What does it really mean? And ask your self when did they start to record stats? Whatever, Dude is MVP, but chill w/ the " my grandmother makes the best tomato sauce" claims.

• Good game. You D*rk Riders are really something else.

I'll try to chill since the man himself doesn't care.

I hope that was a preview of the Finals. Pistons, IMHO, are the toughest matchup in the league for the Mavs because their forwards defend so well. I'm glad that C-Webb doesn't have his same quickness so that our bigs can reasonably cover him. Still, he's a dangerous weapon.

It's interesting that a game like today's doesn't garner the response that Wednesday's game did. Two titans going at it in a back and forth contest. Admittedly, the swings weren't as huge or forged as excitingly as the other night, but the quality play remains. Those types of defensive-oriented contests just don't get as much run, but I'm glad the Mavs can now play in and compete in those types of affairs.

The most important factor for the rest of the season is that the Mavs hold onto that #1 seed. The team caught a break with the recent dips by the Suns and Spurs. I guess March is a tough month for all NBA squads. It's nut-cuttin time.

For someone who has been watchin the game for so long im surprised your impressed w/ such an empty statistic. C'mon, Rock. What does it really mean? And ask your self when did they start to record stats? Whatever, Dude is MVP, but chill w/ the " my grandmother makes the best tomato sauce" claims.

You really think FT% is an empty stat......to me, it's one of the most important....especially down the stretch.

I guarantee you more games are won and loss on Free Throws than almost any other single reason.

What would Wilt's or Shaq's game be like if they shot 90% from the line?

And my Italian grandfather's tomato sauce kicked my grandmother's ass!!

As far as riding D*rk's D*ck goes, every year since the dude has been in the league folks have trashed his game with Barkley leading the pack. Can't rebound, doesn't pass, plays weak "D"......now that he's worked his ass of and proved them all wrong, folks like GP and I are gonna ride hard and loud.....get used to it, dude's still getting better!!!

It's interesting that a game like today's doesn't garner the response that Wednesday's game did. Two titans going at it in a back and forth contest. Admittedly, the swings weren't as huge or forged as excitingly as the other night, but the quality play remains. Those types of defensive-oriented contests just don't get as much run, but I'm glad the Mavs can now play in and compete in those types of affairs.

GP....If the Mav's had lost today you wouldn't be able to shut this crowd up!

Instead we're getting downplayed and injury excuses!!!

I didn't hear a single excuse when the Mavs lost to the Suns....even though Devin(who had 20+ today) was out.......

MFFL BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I'm talking shit for the sake of talking shit....and because when your team is the best in the league, you can!!!!

• Best free throw percentage for a 7 footer in the history of the game!!

You really think FT% is an empty stat......to me, it's one of the most important....especially down the stretch.

I guarantee you more games are won and loss on Free Throws than almost any other single reason.

What would Wilt's or Shaq's game be like if they shot 90% from the line?

As far as riding D*rk's D*ck goes, every year since the dude has been in the league folks have trashed his game with Barkley leading the pack. Can't rebound, doesn't pass, plays weak "D"......now that he's worked his ass of and proved them all wrong, folks like GP and I are gonna ride hard and loud.....get used to it, dude's still getting better!!!

Yeah, I don't understand the knock on FT% as important stat either. Did Rip Hamilton's FT shooting impact the outcome of today's game?

They mentioned that Roscoe Wallace said he'd consider neither Dirk or Nash the MVP. He'd choose someone "that plays defense". Where was #36 at the end of today's game? Who was guarding him? Not touting Dirk as even a "solid" defender but he can be effective in measures. I will agree with Sheed that Steve Nash plays no D though.

Rock, surely the slights we see are only perceived.