The Rub DJ's at Beauty Bar Austin last Friday

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    we wouldnt want you to compromise the artistic integrity of the yin yang twins.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    robert.

i see you.

are you sure our dude would enjoy reading this thread? you seem to be turning his issue about the coke into an issue against them rub dudes, but is that what dude meant?

be careful when you use other persons words. shit is mad suspect.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

d'oh!

Enki beat me to it, but still this line fucking rocks!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Y'all might as well lay y'all's lines right out on a Beauty Bar toilet seat thinking it's impossible to consider Ying Yang Twinz as maintaining any shred of artistic integrity.

• this shit is tired dude

Exactly...so how do we get them to STOP?

do something better so people will spend their time and money going to your event instead

Better would be convincing said people to jump off of a very tall building.

But I still have to think that dj's who purposefully cater to such a crowd are an even worse animal.

Oh yeah, make sure to check out the blurb about The Rub DJ's in this year's pre-SXSW Austin Chronicle...it will definitely be a doozy.

You're walking three-dimensional proof that 99% of so-called rap journalists are just fucking also-ran losers who want to use the one little bit of pathetic clout they've accumulated (ie, the power to criticize others in a widely dissemenated periodical) to tear down people who are actually out there doing things.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    (ie, the power to criticize others in a widely regionally dissemenated periodical)

robert.

i see you.

are you sure our dude would enjoy reading this thread? you seem to be turning his issue about the coke into an issue against them rub dudes, but is that what dude meant?

Dude and I had dinner the other night (with our families) and he spent a good amount of time laughing about what he experienced Friday night.

So Mr. Insider, do know that I ain't just moving off of a 12-word internet post.

• im also mad. there's this girl i know that got a book deal to write a karaoke book and she asked me to help HER. i feel like scratching her eyes! ARGH!

hi cosmo! u wan do that thing that jonny buttcheeks was talking to you bout?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    did she pronounce karaoke properly? that's one of my pet peeves

• no! now i feel like hitting her with my shoe! my fancy shoe!!!

this shit is tired dude

Exactly...so how do we get them to STOP?

do something better so people will spend their time and money going to your event instead

Better would be convincing said people to jump off of a very tall building.

But I still have to think that dj's who purposefully cater to such a crowd are an even worse animal.

Oh yeah, make sure to check out the blurb about The Rub DJ's in this year's pre-SXSW Austin Chronicle...it will definitely be a doozy.

You're walking three-dimensional proof that 99% of so-called rap journalists are just fucking also-ran losers who want to use the one little bit of pathetic clout they've accumulated (ie, the power to criticize others in a widely dissemenated periodical) to tear down people who are actually out there doing things.

Check my resume. I tear down people doing things about 0.00005% of the time.

• wait, this is the jealous bitches thread, right?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Y'all might as well lay y'all's lines right out on a Beauty Bar toilet seat thinking it's impossible to consider Ying Yang Twinz as maintaining any shred of artistic integrity.

What "integrity" would that be, praytell? Ying Yang chase that brass ring WAY harder than any of the Rub dudes do (and have the Becky-based sales numbers to show for it--but I guess we're supposed to ignore that), yet you seem to think The Rub need to be chastised at any and every opportunity for achieving their success without adhering to Robert's Rules of Rillness. So what inherent integrity does Ying Yang possess that The Rub does not?

Also, speaking as a DJ, I had no idea I could exert absolute control over who attends my shows and what drugs, if any, they consume.

(ie, the power to criticize others in a widely regionally eBay[/b] dissemenated periodical)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...12333&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...59578&rd=1&rd=1

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    robert.

i see you.

Dude and I had dinner the other night (with our families) and he spent a good amount of time laughing about what he experienced Friday night.

So Mr. Insider, do know that I ain't just moving off of a 12-word internet post.

and was his issue with cosmo, ayres & 11, or with the beauty bar and how it presents hip-hop in austin?

i am pretty certain the rub was invited to play there. i don't believe they went out of the way to pick that spot for their gig.

and given who 'owns' the beauty bar in austin, are you really going to make it seem like a crowd of hipsters doing coke is specific to the rub? pharaoh sanders could play there and the same crowd would show up.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Until It's Presented in Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Format...coming soon to a Beauty Bar near you.

You're like a nosey neighbor that nobody care about or pays attention to.

What a pathetic post.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You ain't never heard Pharoah Sanders until you've heard him on coke!

• ME I PIMP
    SEE I WALK W/ A LIMP
    COME THRU TELL A YOUNG TRICK RUN THAT
    GIMME ALL YO SHIT, BITCH
    GIMME ALL YO PAPER GET PIMP-SLAPPED
    GET MACKED BY N*GGA FROM THE JACK-TOWN
    22S, 23S ON THE 'LAC NOW
    YO BITCH BEEN CHOSE
    AND MY WRIST STAY FROZE

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    You ain't never heard Pharoah Sanders until you've heard him on coke!

cokesign

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Rrrrrrrobert!

Lemme guess you can stop a record at Koch too?

• You ain't never heard Pharoah Sanders until you've heard him on coke!

Yeah, last I heard he was hittin' the pipe pretty hard. very sad.

What "integrity" would that be, praytell? Ying Yang chase that brass ring WAY harder than any of the Rub dudes do (and have the Becky-based sales numbers to show for it--but I guess we're supposed to ignore that), yet you seem to think The Rub need to be chastised at any and every opportunity for achieving their success without adhering to Robert's Rules of Rillness. So what inherent integrity does Ying Yang possess that The Rub does not?

Playing half-rap at the Beauty Bar hardly constitutes any standard of success that I could ever fathom.

And how do you figure that the Ying Yang Twinz have watered themselves down in order to attract those Becky's? From my view, the more geniune they are about being themselves, as raw as that may be...the more they're able to crossover.

Also, speaking as a DJ, I had no idea I could exert absolute control over who attends my shows and what drugs, if any, they consume.

It's the music you play. You play hipster crap and the next thing you know you're playing at a hipster crap bar for a packed house of hipster crap eaters.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    (ie, the power to criticize others in a widely regionally eBay[/b] dissemenated periodical)

This news magazine is in new and unread[/b] condition.

• hey man, just cuz youre really goofy looking doesnt mean you should give up hope on ever being a hipster like that. im just saying, think positive archaic!

hey man, just cuz youre really goofy looking doesnt mean you should give up hope on ever being a hipster like that. im just saying, think positive archaic!

I suppose that your dad can beat up my dad.

That joke would work if the Weekly Gambit didn't pick up that article and run it as a feature in NOLA.

• hey man, just cuz youre really goofy looking doesnt mean you should give up hope on ever being a hipster like that. im just saying, think positive archaic!

I suppose that your dad can beat up my dad.

well im not gonna go as far as to say that, but if he looks like u i bet he could give your dad the most hellacious wedgie!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

That joke would work if the Weekly Gambit didn't pick up that article and run it as a feature in NOLA.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Your point would also hold some sort of water if they were in an auction where people were bidding on them. I can put anything up for sale if i want to. You make mixtapes?