The Rub DJ's at Beauty Bar Austin last Friday

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
so is THAT what the rub means? (rubs nose) seriously...for real?! dayummmmmm...who WASN'T doing coke that night?
I left pretty damn early... the music was fun, but I couldn't watch any more metros and fag-hags "dance".

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    so is THAT what the rub means?
    (rubs nose)
    seriously...for real?!

dayummmmmm...who WASN'T doing coke that night?

I left pretty damn early... the music was fun, but I couldn't watch any more metros and fag-hags "dance".

You really got a hard on for those dudes, don't you?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so is THAT what the rub means?
    (rubs nose)
    seriously...for real?!

plaese explain.

• so is THAT what the rub means?
    (rubs nose)
    seriously...for real?!

You really got a hard on for those dudes, don't you?

MAN, Soulstrut has been POPPING this week!

What's up Day?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    plaese explain.

I believe the words "hurt feelings" would best explain this

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Until It's Presented in Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Format...coming soon to a Beauty Bar near you.

• this shit is tired dude

• shit this dude is tired

this shit is tired dude

Exactly...so how do we get them to STOP?

i don't know. somehow i think "tasty jazztronica" is in the answer

• you just mad cause there wasnt any hacky sackin' goin on

• you just mad cause there wasnt any hacky sackin' goin on

Project Blowed/ What's the Code???

do something better so people will spend their time and money going to your event instead

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    this is the salon in Vegas that looks like a Jiffy Lube waiting area right?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this dude is tired

RALPH WHATS GOOOOOOOOD

LETS DO SOME COKE AND LISTEN TO BORIS

this shit is tired dude

do something better so people will spend their time and money going to your event instead

Better would be convincing said people to jump off of a very tall building.

But I still have to think that dj's who purposefully cater to such a crowd are an even worse animal.

Oh yeah, make sure to check out the blurb about The Rub DJ's in this year's pre-SXSW Austin Chronicle...it will definitely be a doozy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    this shit is tired dude

Well, let's get down to brass tacks: "Tasty jazztronica" is the answer to everything, everywhere.

As for this thread, there are two things mentioned for which I have an inherent dislike:

1) Cocaine
    2) Places called "The Beauty Bar"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    this shit is tired dude

Bwwahahahaah!

SoulStrut never forgets!!!!

• Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Until It's Presented in Hip Hop for Dummies Who Like Coke But Don't Like Hip Hop Format...coming soon to a Beauty Bar near you.

u sound like a bitter dj who doesnt get any gigs.

people can't dance and have fun without the party police coming around and giving "street approval" to the music being played? i really don't get the whole point of this thread.

please show me the PARTIES where real hip hop is being played...i'd like to see what kind of chicks are there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    archaic, while i agree with you on some shit more than other people on here do and the rub dont need me to stick up for them, you are being straight disrespectful on this shit. they play all kinds of music for all kinds of crowds and different areas are going to get different crowds. you complain about shit like this for whatever possible reason you find in your head but then neglect to mention things like The Rub's History of Hip Hop mixes which is done strictly for the love and the straight up definition of real schitt. i dont know man, were you even there?

I just dj'ed a packed Love and Lust-themed house party Saturday night for a bunch of typically-non-hip-hop-supporting folks and the recent remake of 2 Live Crew's Get It Girl by Ying Yang Twinz and Bun B especially killed.

Did you get that? I didn't have to remix its vocals over a Tears for Fears instrumental. I didn't have to use a Sade accapella over its instrumental. I just played the main version of the cut in its entirety and asses were duly shooken.

The point is...that dudes who water down rap so that they can make money selling it to fools who hate rap suck without end.

Yes, I've been arguing this for years. But now dudes even have a designated carpetbaggeur venue in my town for this shit i.e. the situation is getting even worse. So thus my campaign against it must be heightened.

• this is all just too much.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I've never heard the rub and have no interest in putting them on blast or whatever, nor do i have interest in playing captain save-an-archaic BUT

the whole blending 80s-with-rap thing is utterly played. I don't need to hear the cure blended with 3-6 mafia ever again. It had novelty once. Now it is pretty corny. There's this whole huge group of DJs biting that style in chicago and its getting pretty unavoidable and tedious. Like, if yr gonna do unexpected 'mashups' as a DJ style plaese to move beyond TAINTED LOVE + MIKE JONES JAWNS

• The point is...that dudes who water down rap so that they can make money selling it to fools who hate rap suck without end.

that's a good look right thur.

(you can insert sarcface, in case i didn't make that clear.)

archaic, while i agree with you on some shit more than other people on here do and the rub dont need me to stick up for them, you are being straight disrespectful on this shit. they play all kinds of music for all kinds of crowds and different areas are going to get different crowds. you complain about shit like this for whatever possible reason you find in your head but then neglect to mention things like The Rub's History of Hip Hop mixes which is done strictly for the love and the straight up definition of real schitt. i dont know man, were you even there?

Fuck no, I wasn't there.

A good friend of mine, who is also a prominent real schitt MC around these parts, did go and he couldn't even begin to give the night as big a gasface as it deserved.

I understand that Ayres and especially Cosmo share precedents catering to real schitt audiences. That's why I think they deserve extra ribbing for now stooping to such dastardly lows.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Robert, I didn't see you on Friday. Did you even come? My dudes Bavu Blakes and Rapid Ric were there (if you forgot who that is, it's the dude in your avatar.)

Anyway, they had fun, we had fun, and everyone else that came out seemed to have a blast. Thanks to all our supporters in Austin and all over the tour. Every stop sofar has been great.

Better would be convincing said people to jump off of a very tall building.

But I still have to think that dj's who purposefully cater to such a crowd are an even worse animal.

Oh yeah, make sure to check out the blurb about The Rub DJ's in this year's pre-SXSW Austin Chronicle...it will definitely be a doozy.

well, if you can't convince them to jump, i guess you could always whine about it on soul strut or write passive agressive articles about them in your local newspaper

Hey Robert, I didn't see you on Friday. Did you even come? My dudes Bavu Blakes and Rapid Ric were there (if you forgot who that is, it's the dude in your avatar.)

Anyway, they had fun, we had fun, and everyone else that came out seemed to have a blast. Thanks to all our supporters in Austin and all over the tour. Every stop sofar has been great.

Your dudes Bavu Blakes and Rapic Ric...you think you might be able to hook me up with their phone numbers so that I may soon get acquainted with who they may be?

Any other recommendations on what's good with Austin rap?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I understand that Ayres and especially Cosmo share precedents catering to real schitt audiences. That's why I think they deserve extra ribbing for now stooping to such dastardly lows.

This passage is extraordinary.

• I just dj'ed a packed Love and Lust-themed house party Saturday night for a bunch of typically-non-hip-hop-supporting folks and the recent remake of 2 Live Crew's Get It Girl by Ying Yang Twinz and Bun B especially killed.

Did you get that? I didn't have to remix its vocals over a Tears for Fears instrumental. I didn't have to use a Sade accapella over its instrumental. I just played the main version of the cut in its entirety and asses were duly shooken.

The point is...that dudes who water down rap so that they can make money selling it to fools who hate rap suck without end.

who are you campaigning for? the keepin' it real association. hip hop is making billions of dollars.

thank god you played the "original version" of get it girl. we wouldnt want you to compromise the artistic integrity of the yin yang twins.

how old are you man? give it a rest and stop acting like the fun police. kudos on the packed house party you dj'd.

• I just dj'ed a packed Love and Lust-themed house party Saturday night for a bunch of typically-non-hip-hop-supporting folks and the recent remake of 2 Live Crew's Get It Girl by Ying Yang Twinz and Bun B especially killed.

who are you campaigning for? the keepin' it real association. hip hop is making billions of dollars.

thank god you played the "original version" of get it girl. we wouldnt want you to compromise the artistic integrity of the yin yang twins.

how old are you man? give it a rest and stop acting like the fun police. kudos on the packed house party you dj'd.

I think its pretty clear that HC is john brown from the VH1 White Rapper Show; ghetto revival for days.