REMEMBER THAT?!?

Comments

• Slap Bracelets
    Would've forgotten about those.

Anybody else remember when these got banned in school? At least around me. I guess because they were metal, and some kid got his wrist cut slapping them on because the plastic wore away from the side. Probably an urban legend but you know how kids are. It just made them cooler - prohibited and potentially dangerous!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    -The Von Erich family on Midsouth Wrestling.

I remember them. But yo, what about the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers? I thought the militant French Canadian bit was hilarious. But on the real, there never will be a greater heel than The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. Remember that shit when he told the kid he'd give him $500 if he could bounce a ball 50 times, then kicked the ball away from the kid on the 49th bounce? CLASSIC!

Props to Boobby Heenan for providing me with a quote I have repurposed a bazillion times in my life: "It'll take a great man to beat Tito Santana...but it won't take him long."

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    fluoride!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    -Underroos.

I had the Hulk joints which were wack. Evety other hero had their real life chest design.
    The Hulk just had an image of the Hulk. WTF!!!! Aquaman & Spiderman were lava.

Pix......Pix........Pix..Pix............Pix.........Pix.....

• I remember them. But yo, what about the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers? I thought the militant French Canadian bit was hilarious. But on the real, there never will be a greater heel than The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. Remember that shit when he told the kid he'd give him $500 if he could bounce a ball 50 times, then kicked the ball away from the kid on the 49th bounce? CLASSIC!

Props to Boobby Heenan for providing me with a quote I have repurposed a bazillion times in my life: "It'll take a great man to beat Tito Santana...but it won't take him long."

Ted DiBiase's brother was my high school counselor. Well, half-brother but still..

Moist & I are the new Strike Force. We're just waiting on our white satin jackets.

[i]??Arriba!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i coudln't go through every page but what about:

- Supersoakers (ranging from the focused precision power of the 20 all the way to the 100s)
    - tree forts
    - baseball cards in spokes
    - ice climber/blades of steel on NES
    - nike air
    - hotboxing the family station wagon with a bong
    - getting high during lunch break

this shit may be more personal but i know some of you can relate

word

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    -Smoke bombs, caps and vinegar grenades on ice cream trucks
    -Sonic The Hedgehog
    -ECW
    -Jim Varney's Saturday morning variety show after Pee Wee
    -Pee Wee Herman masturbation jokes
    -Caramellos and Abba Zabbas
    -"Saved By The Bell"
    -"F-Troop", "Lassie" then "Mr. Wizard's World" on morning Nick At Nite
    -Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?
    -'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' 7-11/"Simpsons" promotion
    -Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the timeslot/channel switch-ups
    -Baka Boys-era Power 106, Arrow 93, Pirate Radio...
    -Sega CD, Jaguar, Sega Saturn, 32x, Neo Geo, Game Gear and all those systems that didn't go too far.
    -Original Sony Playstation hype. Sofia and 'U R Not (red) E'
    -KDOC weekend reruns of shows from the 70s and 80s
    -Operation Wolf, T2, Lethal Enforcers
    -Memorizing all the Mortal Kombat Fatalities and those cheesy Friendships and Babyalities
    -Jello 1-2-3

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

woah dude. i have the vaguest memory of fucking loving that show but i don't remember if it was a show or a movie now

XX movie rating.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    XX movie rating.

WORD WORD. "ALMOST" Nasty.

Yo this thread CAME THE FUCK UP! I'm psyched.

woah dude. i have the vaguest memory of fucking loving that show but i don't remember if it was a show or a movie now
    It was an Educational Video Game first. Then it was a game show.
    I fiinished the video game. I also had Where In TIME Is Carmen Sandiego?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    It was a public television game show with Greg Lee and Lynn Thigpen. The final round involved a kid being asked to locate several obscure countries in under a couple of minutes with light poles on a giant world map. If s/he won, they would go to space camp or something similar

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    $2.99 Pay Per View "actual" movies

• different strokes and silver spoons on saturday nights prime time.

everything was a lead up to that.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

When other adults could lay a hand on you

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i was feeling reallll young in this thread til you started talking about carmen sandiego.

the chief died of cancer i think : (

When other adults could lay a hand on you

Hahha.

If you got ouuta hand as a kid another adult could smack you.

• hey guys, great thread.

I used to dive off my bed onto piles of pillows/blankets while wearing these things, I'm lucky I didn't break my neck

some quick TV memories for Philly-area people -

-"If you've got a passion for fashion, and you've got a craving for saving, take the wheel of your automobile, and swing on down to Ideal"

-constant commericals for Crystal Cave

• anyone remember the "no fitty" break yo neck game?

if you looked at someone else's hand with a circle shape they get to call "no fitty" and they got to rub the skin off of your neck.

shit sucked, but in junior high it was the game that everyone had no choice but to play.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    super jock football

paper football

choose your own adventure

kick ball & wiffle ball

bombardment

grab a heiney & mr zogs sex wax shirts getting banned at school

not being able to wear shorts to school

virgins...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Back in high school my group of friends would 'crown' each other whenever somebody said something corny/stupid. Getting 'crowned' just meant getting rapped on the head with the knuckles. Depending on the day and the current standing of the transgressor, this ranged from a friendly admonishment to a brutal show of force.

Of note to SoulStrut rap fans may be that a key progenitor of this game was up-and-coming ATL rapper Willie the Kid of Aphiliates/Gangsta Grillz fame.

• game and watch
    pac-man cereal
    unico the unicorn
    m.a.s.k.
    ultraman
    gotcha guns
    muscle men
    make a hole with your thumb and index and hold it below the waist game. People remember this after you get them with it.

• Back in high school my group of friends would 'crown' each other whenever somebody said something corny/stupid. Getting 'crowned' just meant getting rapped on the head with the knuckles. Depending on the day and the current standing of the transgressor, this ranged from a friendly admonishment to a brutal show of force.

Of note to SoulStrut rap fans may be that a key progenitor of this game was up-and-coming ATL rapper Willie the Kid of Aphiliates/Gangsta Grillz fame.

No doubt! I got his tape. I can send you a copy w/ your records (probably in early '08) in case you dont have it yet.

But man, I know we really killed the Supersoaker shit. I mean, I still have distinct memories of blasting unsuspecting people with the HUUUUGE ones. Too funny.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    blasting unsuspecting people with the HUUUUGE ones.

Haha. Yeah, I was hoping you'd see this! Didn't Amanda knock some dude off his bike with one of those? All the coffee shops with outdoor seating were prime targets. People in Mall/Movie parking lots, runners, anybody wearing leather. I miss those days.

Going to florists to buy big clay flower pots for the sole purpose of smashing them on the ground.

Remember when you hit that lady in the convertible with a head of lettuce? Wait, that was only a couple years ago.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    anyone remember the "no fitty" break yo neck game?

if you looked at someone else's hand with a circle shape they get to call "no fitty" and they got to rub the skin off of your neck.

shit sucked, but in junior high it was the game that everyone had no choice but to play.

Huh. We did play a schoolwide version of that game in seventh grade, but we had slightly different rules:

1. The punishment was a punch on the arm/shoulder a la Punch Buggy (remember that?)

2. The thumb-and-forefinger circle had to be held below the waist--it was way too easy to just hold it up in front of somebody's face and get in a free punch

3. If you managed to stick your finger into the thumb-and-forefinger circle (AYO!), then you got to give the other person three punches

That game got way out of control. We would be in science class fucking with Bunsen burners and chemical reactions and whatnot, and fools would be beating the hell out of each other.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That sandwich looks filling.