Obama is pretty much in...

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i just hope we dont have to put up with 2 years of Fathead relentlessly trying to hype Obama.

give it a rest, huh.

i'm sure you'll be re-BAN by then.

the consequneces of speaking truth to power.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    McCain's only chance to gain the trust of the xtian right is to put one of them on the ticket. they will never trust McCain by himself. so far, Brownback is the only possibility--who has come out strong against the McCain "surge". i can't see it happening.

McCain was a shoe-in four months ago. Things done changed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Skeletor in 2008

ZING!

I have noticed that this guy is putting in overtime to try to shore up his conservative bona fides. Sorta like McCain, though McCain really doesn't have a prayer. Hardcore conservatives hate him and would never let him make it out of the primaries. Middle-ground people have soured on him considerably (for me personally, it was when he sucked up to Jerry Falwell--anybody who does that is not worth considering). Throw in Mitt Romney's attempted makeover (he's the guy I see a lot of Bush dead-enders supporting), and there is some major image buffing going on in preparation for 2008.

Oh yeah, Obama. He's not gonna get the nomination, I don't think. Largely because he's too inexperienced. But the buzz he's got going is a fairly encouraging sign.

i just hope we dont have to put up with 2 years of Fathead relentlessly trying to hype Obama.

give it a rest, huh.

listen. i'm not ready to waste another afternoon serving as your temporary case-manager. you people are losing. you're losing because you lie and you are incompetent at public service. you had your chance(s) and blew it bigtime. now, the three primary factions of your party base (social, fiscal and neo conservatives) are splitting apart. it's over.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If hilary goes on the ticket I might just have to pull a crink and not vote. I just don't like her.

• Obama regarding the New Orleans Saints:

"The Bears are going to the Super Bowl," a gleeful Obama told reporters Monday outside a church in suburban Chicago. "I am happy for New Orleans. I think it's a wonderful story for their city, but this fairy tale ends when they come to Chicago.[/b]"

I heard Obama called the Katrina victims a bunch of faries.

give it a rest, huh.

listen. i'm not ready to waste another afternoon serving as your temporary case-manager. you people are losing. you're losing because you lie and you are incompetent at public service. you had your chance(s) and blew it bigtime. now, the three primary factions of your party base (social, fiscal and neo conservatives) are splitting apart. it's over.

Its only just begun, dickbreath.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I can confirm this, immediately after he made this comment he took a shit in front of a FEMA trailer

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

give it a rest, huh.

Bet some serious cash and spare us the Saba vs. Fat rhetoric

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I am skeptical--but only because I think he would have spelled it correctly.

give it a rest, huh.

fathead doesnt have "serious cash."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If hilary goes on the ticket I might just have to pull a crink and not vote. I just don't like her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL DETERMINE THE NEXT ELECTION

give it a rest, huh.

Its only just begun, dickbreath.

the fact that a reality challenged busom boy like you even admits it is "just begun"...well, i rest my case.

the fact that a reality challenged busom boy like you even admits it is "just begun"...well, i rest my case.

now do us all a favor and rest your mouth.

give it a rest, huh.

I'm tired of that too. But I keep taking the bait.

What kind of bet are you talking about Mr. Wingo? Let's hear the terms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL DETERMINE THE NEXT ELECTION

CUTE. I take it your a big fan. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

And by the way that^^^^^^^^^^^^^ didn't make any sense... non voters determining the next election?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I agree with fatty about McCain slipping. I think one of the interesting dimensions of this compain is the genreational aspect it may take on. MCCAin seems very old and out of touch at this point. Its not like the country is being torn apart a la '68 when Nixon reassured middle of the road types. I think guys like Romney and Obama appeal in part because they seem far away from the last generation of power players. This could be a surprising tilt in who gets nominated. Its those with power and money versus the newer crew. BTW Hilary represents the old guard IMO.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Aren't you the guy that has an irrational hatred of Texas? Who once proclaimed on this board that everything about it sucks and is stupid?

How is a hatred of Texas irrational? If there is something about it that doesn't suck or is stupid I'd like to hear about.

Ha ha just kidding. Calm down. Really it was a joke. I know you have the best BBQ. I didn't mean it. Yeah Willie Nelson is second only to Christ. I said it was a joke. I know it's cool to look at bats in Austin. I said it was a joke.

One good thing about texas is that its far from california.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

give it a rest, huh.

I'm tired of that too. But I keep taking the bait.

What kind of bet are you talking about Mr. Wingo? Let's hear the terms.

This sounds fair.....(add as many zeros you want if this is too cheap)

Republican wins Saba gets $100
    Democrat wins Fat gets $100
    Hillary wins Fat gets $500
    Gore wins Fat gets $1,000
    Kerry wins Fat gets Saba's first born child and $10,000

tell me exactly what's good about this?

think of all the giant bush paper mache heads you'd be able to make for 10,000?

here's what i propose:

$100 for each party primary winner. bets need to be in by the and of the summer.

and $200 for the prez.

anyone who wins all three also gets to BAN three off SS.

Seeing as the democrats are already drafting up the surrender documents for Iraq today, we may not have elections. We can just bet on who our Imams will be.

yeah, but do you know how much it costs to raise a severely mentally disabled child? i'm guessing a whole lot more than 10gs? but we could always check through your mama's tax records for a ballpark figure.

yeah, but do you know how much it costs to raise a severely mentally disabled child? i'm guessing a whole lot more than 10gs? we could always check through your mama's tax records for a ballpark figure.

Im sure anyone with a disabled child will find that really funny.

• People are talking way out of their asses

There are a lot of guys who've never been to the country talking like they know how people feel.

If I could identify one thing country folk hate about us city dwellers it's that we always seem to think we know what everyone's thinking and what's right. As a wise TV character said, "you want it to be one way. But it's another way."

I think Obama should run, and I think he's got a decent shot. I'll vote for him.

Kind of bizarre that you bring that up, considering I'm teaching Regionalism and Local Color this week. Couldn't agree with you more.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    the religious right isnt voting for an adulterer.

Didn't Michigan just pass a law that made Adultery a felony with possible life in prison as a punishment???

I hope so, but I doubt it.

And the religious right absolutely loves adulterers and people who abandon their families and people who change wives like other people change socks.

^^^ He's running.

^^^ That pic is for real. She was rinsing and spitting for days.

Soulstrut doesn't have enough web space to host all the pics of wife dumping, child abandoning, adulterer, right wing nuts. Don't get me started on the religious ones, that list is longer and seamier.

Im sure anyone with a disabled child will find that really funny.

well, i can't tell if your mama is laughing or choking right now. but the dentures are on the nightstand, so i'm safe.

And the religious right absolutely loves adulterers and people who abandon their families and people who change wives like other people change socks.

Do you really want to go here? Even a mental midget like you must recognize the irony this post?