Obama is pretty much in...

1235»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm thinking this will come more down to who goes up against eachother down the stretch for the DEM ticket and see who slings the most mud. REPs will sit back and DEMs will give them ammo for later.

IMO, democrats would kill any REP that came up to the plate if they would forget about going at eachothers necks and just support one person out right from the start.

Right now, I'm thinking anyone not named Bush or from the current admin will do just ok for the REPs side. Anyone else is getting fucked up.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It's going to come down to who can raise the most money, I think. The radio guys this morning said it will take 100,000,000.00 to be competitve in the first 4 primaries. Then they were saying that Clinton has the edge because she has $14 mil. and Obama only has 4 mil. Like ten makes a difference when you need 100.

Hillary has the big money on lock right now. Things can change.

Thats what sunk McCain in 2000, he couldn't compete in the $$$.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It's going to come down to who can raise the most money, I think. The radio guys this morning said it will take 100,000,000.00 to be competitve in the first 4 primaries. Then they were saying that Clinton has the edge because she has $14 mil. and Obama only has 4 mil. Like ten makes a difference when you need 100.

Didn't Dean set soem sort of presidential fundraising record with his '04 campaign.

It takes more than money

if his PR controlled the post "HYAAAAAAA" furor we may of had a whole different election

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If hilary goes on the ticket I might just have to pull a crink and not vote. I just don't like her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL DETERMINE THE NEXT ELECTION

CUTE. I take it your a big fan. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

You didn't--the fact that most Americans make political decisions on the basis of who they "just do" or "just don't" like a/k/a "character" is not news to me.

And by the way that^^^^^^^^^^^^^ didn't make any sense... non voters determining the next election?

Sure--the people who stay home because they don't want to vote for a woman will hand the election to the Republicans.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Didn't Dean set soem sort of presidential fundraising record with his '04 campaign.

It takes more than money

if his PR controlled the post "HYAAAAAAA" furor we may of had a whole different election

do you even know what PR means?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

It takes more than money

do you even know what PR means?

I know what it used to mean in Brooklyn....but I'm betting this is something different.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

What sunk McCain was push polling in the South Carolina primary. As well as mysterious pamphlets about McCain appearing here and there. Of course, Bush's people had absolutely nothing to do with that.

1) McCain's wife is a crazy drug addict.
    2) McCain is too mentally unstable due to his years as a POW.
    3) McCain has a brown baby.

I was there. Even received one of those calls. If I could pin down one single event that spurred my political activism, that would be it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If hilary goes on the ticket I might just have to pull a crink and not vote. I just don't like her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WILL DETERMINE THE NEXT ELECTION

CUTE. I take it your a big fan. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

You didn't--the fact that most Americans make political decisions on the basis of who they "just do" or "just don't" like a/k/a "character" is not news to me.

And by the way that^^^^^^^^^^^^^ didn't make any sense... non voters determining the next election?

Sure--the people who stay home because they don't want to vote for a woman will hand the election to the Republicans.

errr.... not sure what people who "don't want to vote for a woman" have to do with me.

keep going though. The law of averages says that eventually you'll post something that makes sense.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

It takes more than money

True that.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

It takes more than money

True that.

The HYAAAAA clip and its overall effect is truly one of the most surreal moments in all of modern politics.

HYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!

• The HYAAAAA clip and its overall effect is truly one of the most surreal moments in all of modern politics.

HYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!

am i the only one that thought that was a disgrace...on the part of the media. i got hype when i saw Dean. the guy has more balls than any other dem besides Al Sharpton, who i hope runs again. its suddenly un-presidential and wrong to show enthusiasm? Bush is embarrasingly inarticulate, yet Dean blows his shot for getting psyched about the primaries????