White Rappers (VH1 Crapfest Related)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    They picked the wrong guy.

I agree--John Brown is the star. But in the end, he's the dude most likely to have something resembling a career.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    this whole show has been cringe-worthy. What that the plan- to have the suckiest rappers possible? It was highly entertaining, but the "rapper" part of the title was very misleading!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought they both did real well in their final performances
    serch talked about this a little, but john's song was not good for rocking a crowd
    he may have won had he been smarter about his selection

from the beginning shamrock was easily the best rapper in the competition and he deserves to have won
    he also just seems like a real person, whereas everything about john brown's persona was fake from the start

this is not a game people

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i always perceived persia to have the most pure "skills"

• man whatup with the SPOILERS?!?! I never should have signed on right here....

I am just watching this right now...but yo from what I can tell from y'all's comments Sham wins despite a lackluster performance....

Honestly John Brown is the stronger rapper (not saying much) and it's real hard to deny that. But all along you got the feeling that Shamrock was too nice of a guy and John Brown too much of an un-self-conscious-soulless-business-type for Serch to give it to him. For real Serch has been helping (read: carrying) Sham the whole time.

Anyway there's those RA the Rugged Man and Dante Ross cameos that I knew had to be coming at some point during this show.

PS Dante Ross looking like he caught the bug a la Mike D.

• this whole show has been cringe-worthy. What that the plan- to have the suckiest rappers possible? It was highly entertaining, but the "rapper" part of the title was very misleading!

yeah but I cannot lie I watched (nearly) every episode. the cameos alone were worth it.

• They picked the wrong guy.

I'm actually kinda mad about it too! lol The dude Shamrock was so fucking generic and garbage. At least JB was doin something different. He picked the wrong time to "drop jewels"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    John Brown was scary on the mic. The only thing he moved was his wrists!

That said, I think he did better than Shamrock, but Sham is the "realer" dude, if you will. I've been rooting for him from the start and the end was a surprise. I thought the king of the nerds had it and he honestly was better on the mic. Sham moved the crowd tho.

I would much rather drink with that dude than the corporation that is John Brown.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Whoa whoa whoa...
    I only watched the first episode, The King of the Burbs/Ghetto Revival
    dude made it all the way to the end?
    This show was much much worse than I thought.
    That guy was THE biggest herb i've ever seen!
    If anyone ever deserved the Gas Face it was him!

• John Brown was scary on the mic. The only thing he moved was his wrists!

That said, I think he did better than Shamrock, but Sham is the "realer" dude, if you will. I've been rooting for him from the start and the end was a surprise. I thought the king of the nerds had it and he honestly was better on the mic. Sham moved the crowd tho.

I would much rather drink with that dude than the corporation that is John Brown.

JB did get kinda rattled, he needed to show a little more emotion for the crowd but his raps were killin Shamrock's generic shit. I thought JB was hella funny. He might have been serious with all his bullshit, but I thought it was some Bay shit. Every rapper talks a good one like that out there.

• I thought JB was hella funny. He might have been serious with all his bullshit, but I thought it was some Bay shit. Every rapper talks a good one like that out there.

actually it became clear in the last episode that at least some (most?) of that was just ironic swagger.

I mean, did you catch him saying he was the "best white rapper ever" before the final show? he couldn't even keep a straight face.

I think on a certain level he was just playing the audience, Serch and the other rappers. and it almost worked.

• I thought JB was hella funny. He might have been serious with all his bullshit, but I thought it was some Bay shit. Every rapper talks a good one like that out there.

actually it became clear in the last episode that at least some (most?) of that was just ironic swagger.

I mean, did you catch him saying he was the "best white rapper ever" before the final show? he couldn't even keep a straight face.

I think on a certain level he was just playing the audience, Serch and the other rappers. and it almost worked.

Yeah I think people started buyin into his schtick too hard and really started hating on him. He didn't seem that rattled in Detroit, he was chokin the mic out at the Rucker. That was embarassing for the Ghetto Revival. It was hella funny when they sent his hella suspect hommie to hang out with him and he was pissed because it wasn't one of the member of GR.

• It was hella funny when they sent his hella suspect hommie to hang out with him and he was pissed because it wasn't one of the member of GR.

again, it seemed like Serch was trying to clown him with that whole arrangement. he had to have known how ridiculous that would make JB look. Serch wanted Sham to win.

• It was hella funny when they sent his hella suspect hommie to hang out with him and he was pissed because it wasn't one of the member of GR.

again, it seemed like Serch was trying to clown him with that whole arrangement. he had to have known how ridiculous that would make JB look. Serch wanted Sham to win.

Fuck it, Its a CON spiracy. We need Mao to speak on this injustice.

• well i thought the whole season was well entertaining. i checked all of em on myspace at the beginning and to me the best m.c. hands down was dasit. but i was rooting for misfit. all i can say about shamrock is the south is hot right now. peace, stein. . .

Shamrock said "the first thing i saw was some model or fashion designer walk in the room."

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Persia was my favorite mc, but old girl kept fucking up.

I'm sorry, but Car Wars? Is dude just a joke, if so, haha.

I just wanted Sham to win cuz dude had a cleft palate.

Yo, sup with Dante? Looking Storch-esque almost.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yo, sup with Dante? Looking Storch-esque almost.

My thoughts exactly. Where's your Timbo dis track, son?

My wife immediately said, "Oh my God! I bet John Brown is gay and that's his man!"

Not sure I'm with that theory, but it sure made for awkward television.

Sham's performance sucked--both his 16 and his song. [del]He didn't know his limitations[/del]--why would he do some double time schitt if he couldn't keep up? I think John Brown should've taken it.

Lazy Eye > Cleft Palate, but I think someone with a club foot could've smashed 'em all.

• Lazy Eye > Cleft Palate, but I think someone with a club foot could've smashed 'em all.

nah dawg, DROPSY. a dude with dropsy woulda dominated this show.

My wife immediately said, "Oh my God! I bet John Brown is gay and that's his man!"

Mine too.

All I know is that Brown looked WILD_AWKWARD

Honestly dude had his chance, he blew it [/del] and he was too nervous.

Wizzles, you thought it was ghetto revival time? I don't know man. He was looking tres herbish at times.

Mine too.

Wizzles, you thought it was ghetto revival time? I don't know man. He was looking tres herbish at times.

As nervous as he was he was much better than Shamrock, strictly based on skill. Shamrock made a song that was like a LilYoung JocScrappyFranchiseMob parody or some shit. His voice was really terrible to me. I'm more angry that the ghetto won't be getting the studios and jordans that the ghetto revival was goin to pay for with the 100g's.

• As nervous as he was he was much better than Shamrock, strictly based on skill. Shamrock made a song that was like a LilYoung JocScrappyFranchiseMob parody or some shit. His voice was really terrible to me. I'm more angry that the ghetto won't be getting the studios and jordans that the ghetto revival was goin to pay for with the 100g's.

word. I was honestly shocked at how un-self-aware dude was. I mean, his whole thing was "representing" the South, but really he was just doing like a poor immitation of the South. Did he not realize that? He took the lowest common denominator elements fo Southern rap and just rolled them into a "style" with no distinguishing features at all. Like canned, store-bought "SOUTHERN" rap bullion cube with nothing added. Prince Paul mentioned this in the critique like "i've heard this guy a million times before."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you're trusting prince paul's analysis of southern rappers

Prince Paul mentioned this in the critique like "i've heard this guy a million times before."

That's how you know dude is gonna be large, son!

Mine too.

As nervous as he was he was much better than Shamrock, strictly based on skill. Shamrock made a song that was like a LilYoung JocScrappyFranchiseMob parody or some shit. His voice was really terrible to me. I'm more angry that the ghetto won't be getting the studios and jordans that the ghetto revival was goin to pay for with the 100g's.

Yeah on the other hand though Brown sounded like every white kid from the Bay who listened to too much 'Pac coming up!

• As nervous as he was he was much better than Shamrock, strictly based on skill. Shamrock made a song that was like a LilYoung JocScrappyFranchiseMob parody or some shit. His voice was really terrible to me. I'm more angry that the ghetto won't be getting the studios and jordans that the ghetto revival was goin to pay for with the 100g's.

word. I was honestly shocked at how un-self-aware dude was. I mean, his whole thing was "representing" the South, but really he was just doing like a poor immitation of the South. Did he not realize that? He took the lowest common denominator elements fo Southern rap and just rolled them into a "style" with no distinguishing features at all. Like canned, store-bought "SOUTHERN" rap bullion cube with nothing added. Prince Paul mentioned this in the critique like "i've heard this guy a million times before."

Throughout the whole show they kept saying "be original" and then they reward the biggest biter. He wasn't even good at copying that shit, he was terrible. Was Serch the one making the decision by himself? They never really explained that part of it.

• if I rolled up on the cheap bin at Amoeba and I saw a copy of "Car Wars" for $1.99 and a copy of "Fly Away" for $1.99 I think I'd go with Car Wars.

As ridiculous as Car Wars was, I'm singing Car Wars, you gotta kill for them automobiles" in my head and not "fly away hoe."

Both songs were kind of funny, but Car Wars is next level. Are people really killing others for cars in the burbs?

Car Wars!

Both songs were kind of funny, but Car Wars is next level. Are people really killing others for cars in the burbs?

Car Wars!

I think "Car Wars" was on some "we're at war in Iraq and killing people for the oil that ultimately fuels our cars" steez.

Car wars. Car wars. Car wars. Car wars.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think Jake has pretty much articulated the same reasons why I feel like the wong person got asked to step up last night. I think Persia was the rawest of the bunch, actually.

But, working with what they had left: if the show was looking for a studio MC, John Brown is the clear winner. If they were looking for a party-rocking MC, neither of those dudes should have won.