shadow lateef and qtip on letterman yt and nagl

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited April 2016 in Music Talk

what the fuck is up with qtip? did they mix up kanyes wardrobe with his? Is kanye in his lear jet rocking this?

Comments

• Face it, Q-Tip without ATCQ is pretty much a waste and as for Lateef, apart from the 1st 12" that Shadow put out with Solesides etc I find their records to be the pinacle of rap for those who don't like hip hop...(Arrested Development for the late 90's)

• 1). Lateef got fat

2). Hating on Tip? daaaaaaaaamn. Dude was only part of one of the greatest hip-hop groups ever, his solo LP though filled with terds had some great collaboartions with Dilla on it, and I thought that song was kind of good; which says something because I woudn't think I would ever listen to Shadow's music post 2000.

Sorry Q-tip doesn't dress like he's a high schooler or rocks the required "cargo pants, new balance, line-beard, wax poetics t-shirt white guy diggin' in da cratez" uniform.

and to go off in my daily race tangent, the fact that dudes come sideways whenever a person of color is dressed "differently" says a lot the actual person making the comment.

• Dude was only part of one of the greatest hip-hop groups ever

True indeed, however it does not give him a pass on the dross he has since inflicted on the world, IMO !

his solo LP though filled with terds had some great collaboartions with Dilla on it

I put it to you that his first solo lp though filled with turds had some GREAT DILLA BEATS on it...

As for what he chooses to wear...Who cares! He could come on in a dress for all it bothers me, as long as the music was good...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, yall be hating. I thought it was a pretty cool performance.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I liked the performance, was better than the original recorded version, Shadow was actually scratching on stage for the song, as is the recorded version doesn't have him scratching. I tried listening to the recorded version afterward, but it was

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    the required "cargo pants, new balance, line-beard, wax poetics t-shirt white guy diggin' in da cratez" uniform

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I liked the performance, was better than the original recorded version,

Exactly the recorded version is shiite, this one was comepletely tolerable.
    As for the "fashion" issue, haven't you noticed the preppy trend in hip hop?
    A blazer or tie isn't uncommon, looks better than a god damn throwback...
    If nothing else you can get into fancy restaraunts without a hassle!

• is this track relatively represenative of the rest of shadow's new album? so far this the second thing ive heard after 3 freaks.

the only thing i really wanted to hear from it was the accapella bay soul track he apparently put a string section behind?

ps- must be cold in that sudio with that big ass puffy jacket.

• 1). Lateef got fat

2). Hating on Tip? daaaaaaaaamn. Dude was only part of one of the greatest hip-hop groups ever, his solo LP though filled with terds had some great collaboartions with Dilla on it, and I thought that song was kind of good; which says something because I woudn't think I would ever listen to Shadow's music post 2000.

Sorry Q-tip doesn't dress like he's a high schooler or rocks the required "cargo pants, new balance, line-beard, wax poetics t-shirt white guy diggin' in da cratez" uniform.

and to go off in my daily race tangent, the fact that dudes come sideways whenever a person of color is dressed "differently" says a lot the actual person making the comment.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Performance ok, song=trash. Clothes, who cares? Let him live.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Those outfits are classy. What grown men wear.

The song is good though. I like it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

ps- must be cold in that sudio with that big ass puffy jacket.
    they keep it really cold in those studios. the lights are really hot and they dont want peoples makeup running from the sweat.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As for the "fashion" issue, haven't you noticed the preppy trend in hip hop?

Crazy Late Pass - This has been in the game since the 80's.

The Kanye West's of the world want to embrace what the OG's started.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Lateef is still doin his thing, and doing it quite well if you ask me. I saw him and Shadow perform about two months ago and they killed it. Judging these three dudes by a network television performance? Please. Go see them live before you say stuff like that.

Yeah, Q-Tip has been pretty schizophrenic with his stuff lately, and no he's not the same dude he was back in the day. But I'll take an aging Q-Tip over a hell of a lot of other people, even with those goofy sunglasses.

• don't tet my gangsteur

P.S. HI GE*FF!

• you can hate on his records but Lateef can rap.

he needs to work a little on breath control I guess.

EMINEM STOLE LATEEF'S STYLE BY THE WAY AND I HAVE PROOF.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

The verse Em did on Biggie's "Dead Wrong," while dope, is a complete style bite of Lateef. Like, a shameless bite, right down to the delivery and everything.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

The verse Em did on Biggie's "Dead Wrong," while dope, is a complete style bite of Lateef. Like, a shameless bite, right down to the delivery and everything.

[faux rillz]This is hilarious[/faux rillz]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lateef can rap.

Iz hiz back catalog available - I only have a cazzette dub of hiz ztuff.

• EMINEM STOLE LATEEF'S STYLE BY THE WAY AND I HAVE PROOF.

there was that other one featuring the Dogg Pound (I think it was a single) that I swore was Lateef when I heard it. Forgive my ignorance of the song title; I am not real up on the Eminem catalogue.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qK1xrFN0w

what the fuck is up with qtip? did they mix up kanyes wardrobe with his? Is kanye in his lear jet rocking this?

You're upset because of what Q-Tip wears on stage? Wow.

That song is OK and it wasn't a bad performance either.

Quit hatting.

• three of these guys are still dope to me.
    They all got classic material and still drop heat.

• Performance is okay. Q-Tip stumbled through most of his verse.

Lol at the all white audience doing an awkward "put your hands up" while sitting in their chairs.

That video projection in the back was pure cheese iPod commerical type schitt.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Lateef and Tip's grown man style made Shadow look kinda teenager in his puffy all-over print and beanie, nah mean? Still, good for them.

• and at the VERY least...these cats were rocking it on Letterman! Dats major league mainstream acceptance...

props where props is due.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    and at the VERY least...these cats were rocking it on Letterman! Dats major league mainstream acceptance...

If DJ Josh weren't there, they wouldn't be on the show, and I'm not speaking on Shadow's "talent"...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Tip's clothes were the only good thing about that performance.
    actually i kind of like Shadow's jacket.

That was like some bad early 90s hip-house shit, with those pianos and the awkward rapping.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    wasnt feelin it
    i dig all three of those fools but it was quite bubblegum to me
    that song was horrible

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

that song was horrible

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

WHne I go to UTube it says my Java is turned off. Any one know how I fix that??? I even recently downloaded the latest Java update....