The RASTERBATOR for all yr. wall-sized Sayer needs

2»

Comments

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i made one of these that turned out pretty sick. i'll post a photo of it later.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ms. Damn n' the rest of ya'llz,

I'm about to put up my masterpiece, but what did you all use to stick it to the wall? I have some double-sided tape that might work, but I don't want to have the edges falling down any time soon. Thanks for your input.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Here's one I did today...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I used to have this here on my wall years ago.

cool to see you can now get a program to do the fiddly

• I used to have this here on my wall years ago.

cool to see you can now get a program to do the fiddly

Thats my Mecca right there.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Thank you for this link... Already starting to livin' up the office.

RAJ'S NEPHEW PLAYING GUITAR

• sayeriffic!

• how do i get mine to come out in better quality? i printed a nina simone pic on about 24 pieces of paper, but the pixilations are so big she kinda looks like erykah badu.

um make it smaller or use a bigger/higher res. source picture?

make what smaller? i would think making it smaller (less pieces of paper) would make it more difficult to deciper/more pixilated. can i make the source pic a higher resolution or is it "it is what it is/"?

shit, i was never good at arts and crafts

i prefer to use the rasterbator standalone application instead of the web tool. you can set what size you want the dots to be in mm and the smaller the dot size, the more detailed the rasterized image will be. you can also preview how the rasterezation will look in the application

des one: you can rasterize gifs with the application

drewn: i used double sized taped to put it up

for the most vivid posters, i would print it out using a laser printer. unfortunately i used my injet (and all my cartridge) for the swedish chef one and it doesn't look as vivid as it could be. on the other hand, i made a couple for my boyfriend of spiderman and venom and one of starscream and they both came out really vibrant and glossy on the color laser printer.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

des one: you can rasterize gifs with the application

I was dreaming about images moving on paper.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    finally got around to getting a couple of these made up..

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

my girlfriends old wall.

- spidey

• I was dreaming about images moving on paper.

digital paper is not that far off

"The technology makes it possible to put moving images directly onto paper ... at a cost that would make it economical to use on everything from magazines to cigarette packets ... where the moving images would give more detailed instructions than any photo could ever do,"
    or, of course, you could use it to put really big on your wall

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I was dreaming about images moving on paper.

digital paper is not that far off

"The technology makes it possible to put moving images directly onto paper ... at a cost that would make it economical to use on everything from magazines to cigarette packets ... where the moving images would give more detailed instructions than any photo could ever do,"
    or, of course, you could use it to put really big on your wall

whoa

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    How are you guys putting these on the wall? Just sticky tape on regular paper? Or are you printing it on special paper?

I've had a rasterbation waiting to pop () but I've been delayed by trying to think of an efficient and cheap way of putting it on the wall without it looking like just cheap paper.

• muppets on bikes brilliant!

I don't live in prison by the way

• i had to make another one since i moved

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i had to make another one since i moved

ms damn, how do you get the coloration? am i retarded?

• if you d/l the stand alone app instead of using the web tool, you have the option of printing black n white, full color, or just choosing one color (which is what i did)

Ahhh! Damn, you make them look so good. What are you printing those on?!

• the work's color laserjet

Is it on that special, thicker, glossy paper? And how is that sticking to your wall (tape, sticky puddy, magic)?

Thanks. I just have a billion ideas and access to a printer and these little details have been keeping me from completing them

• You could always laminate each piece!

• Is it on that special, thicker, glossy paper? And how is that sticking to your wall (tape, sticky puddy, magic)?

Thanks. I just have a billion ideas and access to a printer and these little details have been keeping me from completing them

the paper is kinda glossy, but it's not that thick. i use double sided tape, which is time consuming but it doesn't come out all lumpy

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I missed this link the first time around. This is the coolest shit in a long, long time. Thanks much.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    finally got around to getting a couple of these made up..

me too:

• finally got around to getting a couple of these made up..

me too:

What happened to that piece in the 3rd row, 6th column? It looks pretty jacked up.

Herm

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    when i put it up, i wasnt sober and that one was upside down. it has been since been remedied, but not before i snapped this raer glory shot.
    this whole rasterbation experience really brought back memories of my early childhood failures at arts & crafts. i was never very good at it. for example, i glued the rasterbation to my wall and it looks retarded unless you're viewing from a distance

• i had to make another one since i moved

ms damn, that bed needs to be made ? am i retarded?