the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Is it just that it sounds cool?

that, and "hell hath no fury" like the clipse scorned by their label

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Bsides,

What is so confusing about the album title?

The Clipse = scorend by Jive/Zomba.

Now they're mad.

There you go.

scorned

anyways, is that really what they are saying? Cause thats kinda like calling themselves bitches.

Just for the record, im loving this album though.

• Bsides,

Now they're mad.

There you go.

so the Clipse are like women? Damn, dun that IS a tight album title!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I mean, I'm not professing to know all of this shit either, but it would a great contribution to the study of (cultural) semantics.

• The collective IQ in this thread has dropped about 40 points in ten posts or so.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Bsides,

Now they're mad.

There you go.

scorned

anyways, is that really what they are saying? Cause thats kinda like calling themselves bitches.

Exactly,how anyone could take these idiots seriously is baffling to me.

• Did it ever exceed 40?

• The collective IQ in this thread has dropped about 40 points in ten posts or so.

I know it hurts that the cleverness of one of the Clipse's hallowed "phors" has been placed in question - nay, shown to be totally ridiculous. But let's not start casting aspertions on peoples' IQs, kay?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    But let's not start casting aspertions on peoples' IQs, kay?

I believe that it is "aspersions".

And did you have one hand on your hip when you typed that?

• i think djanna typed that

• How about this as an explanation:

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

Doesn't really seem so deep to me. Plus, I'm convinced they're playing up the beef with Jive just to seem outlaw...goes with the image. Seems like marketing to me, albeit, clever marketing.

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

I mean, if it were a FEMALE rapper who had been jerked by her label and was coming back mad, OK "Hell hath no fury" is sorta clever I guess.

But for the Clipse to use it is just ignorant.

To take another hackneyed phrase, "Man's Best Friend" for a Snoop Dogg album would be AYOOOO, but at least would make sense. For a rapper whose name is unrelated to "dogs," it would make no sense.

This terd Clipse title is a similar example. The phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is about "a woman scorned." That's the subject of the phrase. "Hell hath no fury" is just the description of said subject, and as such makes no sense in the context of two rappers pissed at their label.

Doesn't really seem so deep to me.

It isn't. It's lame like the rest of the record.

How about this as an explanation:

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

The Clipse cheerleaders seem unable to admit that these knuckleheads chose the phrase based mostly (solely?) on the fact that it "sounds cool."

I mean, if it were a FEMALE rapper who had been jerked by her label and was coming back mad, OK "Hell hath no fury" is sorta clever I guess.

To take another hackneyed phrase, "Man's Best Friend" for a Snoop Dogg album would be AYOOOO, but at least would make sense. For a rapper whose name is unrelated to "dogs," it would make no sense.

This terd Clipse title is a similar example. The phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is about "a woman scorned." That's the subject of the phrase. "Hell hath no fury" is just the description of said subject, and as such makes no sense in the context of two rappers pissed at their label.

you think too much

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

A legal education in action!

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

you think too much

An education leavened by fraternity membership in action!

totally

The collective IQ in this thread has dropped about 40 points in ten posts or so.

I dont know why you guys gotta be such dicks about it. I was just asking if anyone knew why they called their record that. I guess im a huge idiot for even thinking about it huh?

I mean, they are sitting on an oven and leaning on a stove on the album cover. I imagine thats about cooking up cocaine. I figured mabye the title had some significance.

If it just sounds cool, then i dont think thats ignorant or anything. I didnt know what "only built for cuban linx" was supposed to mean when that came out either. Whatever, if anyone figures it out, or gets a chance to ask the fellas what the significance of the title is, id be interested.

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

Or is it just about the clipse...hell hath no fury like the clipse. Basically it's about the sound, and it's dark and hell is hot. It's about the mood, just like the record.

• This thread is approaching classic status.

if anyone figures it out, or gets a chance to ask the fellas what the significance of the title is, id be interested.

seriously? we just explained that.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This thread is approaching classic status.
    Approaching?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    if anyone figures it out, or gets a chance to ask the fellas what the significance of the title is, id be interested.

seriously? we just explained that.

I still think you may have to breakdown that Zoolander reference for him though.

Hell hath no fury...

like this record.

Or is it just about the clipse...hell hath no fury like the clipse. Basically it's about the sound, and it's dark and hell is hot. It's about the mood, just like the record.

thank you.

To many bitches on here these days. Kinda hard to breathe.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dont know if being known as the "black martha stewart" is worth the punchline

...one of the choruses reminds me of prince paul going "_______ has dandruff

next time you listen to the narrator in "we got it for cheap", just picture

but for real i've listened to this like 6 times the last two days...i love it. very minimal, yet something's different/odd about it. i'm not into the talking choruses much though(that's just my taste though), but verses just get me moving.

Downloaded:[/b] 2054 times

Some new thoughts on this record:

1. If you're not listening on a good set-up/system, a lot is missing in the mix of the music.

2. I'm definitely warming up to this effort. If anything, this album should get an award for it's inventiveness, production and lyric-wise.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    i think djanna typed that

yo keep me out of this, I'm not trying to cast aspersions on nobody ok?

FEELING this record.