O.J.: "If I Did It, Here' s How it Happened"

Comments

• remember the REAL oj and not this lost person...
    that was a runnin'-ass sumofabitch once upon a time

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    it's pretty sad that in a discussion of murder the actual act and potential punishment are secondary to the skin color of the accused.

what do you think the families of the departed care about more, the killer being brought to justice or the killers racial background?

y'all can analyze this and suppose whatever you want about those with opinions to OJ's guilt or innocence. The bottom line of this thread is OJ is apparently giving "hypothetical" details to how he would commit a murder he claims innocence to yet was found guilty of in civil court.

I find it interesting that people here care more about the tone of skin of a man talking about how he "would" kill his murdered ex-wife, than the content of what he's saying.

But in some warped way this was a step forward for civil rights.

Now a rich black man can get away with murder just like a rich white man!!

Damn, how do you so completely miss the point?

Just keep in mind the context. Los Angeles at the time, the early 90's. Like 8 white cops had been clearly filmed on videotape beating the living shit out of a black motorist and were basicly given a slap on the wrist. After which the city errupted into a gigantic riot. So now you have obviously racist, crooked cops, obviously planting evidence on the scene to make sure they bring down a high profile black celebrity who happens to be married to a barbie doll. I dont know if he did it or not, but if he did, then the blame has to fall on the fucked up police department and the way they ran the whole prosecution. Because looking at all the various motives people had for bringing him down, and all the shady shit the cops did, i personally think its enough to introduce the concept of reasonable doubt. Which is all you need to ensure an aquittal.

Remember that he lost the civil suit, the trial where reasonable doubt is not the only thing he needed to get off. Basicly i think that as far as perversions of the justice system go, o.j. getting off after that fucked up trial ranks pretty low on the list.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the Menendez brothers were not in the public eye before their parents got killed.

Clearly you've never eaten at Chuck's Spring Street Cafe.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    it's pretty sad that in a discussion of murder the actual act and potential punishment are secondary to the skin color of the accused.

what do you think the families of the departed care about more, the killer being brought to justice or the killers racial background?

y'all can analyze this and suppose whatever you want about those with opinions to OJ's guilt or innocence. The bottom line of this thread is OJ is apparently giving "hypothetical" details to how he would commit a murder he claims innocence to yet was found guilty of in civil court.

I find it interesting that people here care more about the tone of skin of a man talking about how he "would" kill his murdered ex-wife, than the content of what he's saying.

Damn, how do you so completely miss the point?

If you look at the divisions in this country strictly based on race....you are right.

If you look at the divisions in this country, like I do, based on economics, then I nailed the point right on the head.

• Nobody's mentioned the long history of Black men being executed on false charges of murdering/raping/looking the wrong way at white women.
    Carry on.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

wasn't this what "I Have A Dream" was all about?

The procescution botched their case by presenting unreliable witnesses & corrupting eviendence. If that isn't enough for a man to get off free, then what is?

And I think the "Dream" wasn't about getting off free for murder, it was about due process & equal representation.

• Nobody's mentioned the long history of Black men being executed on false charges of murdering/raping/looking the wrong way at white women.
    Carry on.

speaking of which, whatever happened to that dude emmit_trill that used to post on here?

The procescution botched their case by presenting unreliable witnesses & corrupting eviendence. If that isn't enough for a man to get off free, then what is?

The reality is that most Prosecutors are far inferior to the top notch Defense lawyers. If this was Joe Blow defendent with a state appointed defense attorney the Prosecution would not have "botched" the case in the way they did.

Don't be fooled. O.J. got off because he had a friggin All-Star defense team.

Money walks. End of story.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

This is news?

Carry on.

speaking of which, whatever happened to that dude emmit_trill that used to post on here?

the guys that killed Emmett Till straight up came out and said "yeah, we did it" after their trial.

on a mostly unrelated note, what happened to the dudes that beat Reginald Denny?

• on a mostly unrelated note, what happened to the dudes that beat Reginald Denny?

Not so unrelated at this point w/ Rodney King being invoked. And what did happen to those dudes? I was about to type the exact thing, hammertime.

• The reality is that most Prosecutors are far inferior to the top notch Defense lawyers. If this was Joe Blow defendent with a state appointed defense attorney the Prosecution would not have "botched" the case in the way they did.

if this was a joe blow defendant the prosecution would not have spent MILLIONS on a murder case. you think the local tax payers are covering million dollar lawsuits on the regular. how much do u think those top experts cost per hour? get serious.

btw, while OJ had the dream team, the prosecution was top notch. moreover, the prosecution ALWAYS has the advantage in criminal cases. jurors trust the government and police more than the accused...ALWAYS. and it is part of the reason why the criminal standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt" as opposed to a "preponderance of the evidence."

a good lawyer can only get you so far. if there was more than circumstantial evidence, oj would be in jail right now. cochran and dershowitz are two of the best, but neither has a perfect record.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yes, he did. and they made sure that his rights as a citizen were not violated in a court of law. The defence cannot re-write the law books for their client, no matter how much $$$$ they get paid. They discredited procecution witnesses & experts. This kind of expertise comes with money. It's like anything.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yes, he did. and they made sure that his rights as a citizen were not violated in a court of law. The defence cannot re-write the law books for their client, no matter how much $$$$ they get paid. They discredited procecution witnesses & experts. This kind of expertise comes with money. It's like anything.

I just want to note that HAZ is quoting Rocadelic on this...not me.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    If you look at the divisions in this country strictly based on race....you are right.

If you look at the divisions in this country, like I do, based on economics, then I nailed the point right on the head.

No doubt, in the future classism will be a bigger problem than racism

But to ignore racism now because its very slowly, gradually easing up is seriously ignorant (if not offensive)

I will ask you again: do you think its okay for a rich white man to get acquitted for the same crime and a rich black man to not?

The discussion here has purely been about what the verdict represented to black Americans (since some didn't understand), it has nothing to do with supporting OJ: why is it about 3 of y'all absolutely refuse to recognize that?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just think it is tragic that 2 people were butchered
    and nobody even cares. All they care about is race and cops
    and celebrity. I can honestly understand the feelings of many that
    OJ got justice, based on the abominable behavior of the LAPD and
    the media - but what about justice for the murdered victims?
    Seems like people just want to think of them as a Barbie Doll and
    a fag, nice caucasian cartoons to complete the sociological cypher -
    but God forbid someone you love ever ends up that way.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    No doubt, its horrendous when anybody gets murdered (especially so viciously)

But the discussion here is regarding sociological aspects/implications, not individuals (nor celebrity)

• Chris Rock, as usual, said it best on the OJ verdict topic:

"Black people too happy; white people too mad."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just think it is tragic that 2 people were butchered
    and nobody even cares. All they care about is race and cops
    and celebrity. I can honestly understand the feelings of many that
    OJ got justice, based on the abominable behavior of the LAPD and
    the media - but what about justice for the murdered victims?

this is exactly what I'm saying. People don't give a fuck that people died, kids were left without a mother parents ;ift without their children.

All that matters is a black man got off.

it's a cold day when we talk about social and civil issues and forget about the people

• How do you think OJ's children, at least one of whom was by Nicole, I believe, feel about the book and show?

PEDRO. GUERRERO.

I will ask you again: do you think its okay for a rich white man to get acquitted for the same crime and a rich black man to not?

I already answered this earlier when I said I didn't think rich white men should get aquitted simply because they are rich and can afford the "best defense money can buy".

I recognize what this meant to many people, I'm simply pointing out how stupid and misdirected it was.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    How do you think OJ's children, at least one of whom was by Nicole, I believe, feel about the book and show?

PEDRO. GUERRERO.

this ain't about the children, its about kryptonite and a black guy

we'll worry about the kids when they go commit some crime...actually we'll worry more about the potential outcome over the crimes trial and the treatment of mulatto's in the American Court system.

This is news?

Apparently it is here....folks seem to think he won because the Prosecution "blew it" when in reality the were schooled by the best lawyers in the biz.

• Don't be fooled. O.J. got off because he had a friggin All-Star defense team.

This is news?

Apparently it is here....folks seem to think he won because the Prosecution "blew it" when in reality the were schooled by the best lawyers in the biz.

how about folks don't know if he is actually guilty!

and please stop with the "best lawyers" argument. did you watch the trial? you think the jury was sitting on the fence, but then cochran said "if the glove don't fit..."? the police fucked up the investigation. furman was a racist. didnt he admit to planting evidence? add all this with the fact that there was zero direct evidence and the defense's burde....that gets you an innocent verdict in most criminal courts. in the us, we try not to put people in jail for life when we "think" he probably did it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    All that matters is a black man got off.

Seems to me cats are asshurt that a Brother skated.

ONE EXAMPLE..........

So obvious it's purile.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I haven't thought about this shit in a while, but this came up in wikipedia:

Faced with murder charges, his lawyers convinced the Los Angeles Police Department to allow Simpson to turn himself in at 11 a.m.... When he failed to show, confusion set in, and at 2 p.m., an all-points-bulletin was issued by the police. Robert Kardashian, a Simpson friend and one of his defense lawyers, then read a rambling letter by Simpson to the collected media. In the letter Simpson said, "First everyone understand I had nothing to do with Nicole's murder??? Don't feel sorry for me. I've had a great life." To many, this sounded like a suicide note

When he did surrender, police confiscated $8,000 in cash, family pictures, a fake goatee and mustache, a passport and a loaded Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum from Simpson

* DNA analysis of the blood found in, on, and near Simpson's Bronco revealed traces of Simpson's, Nicole's, and Ronald Goldman's blood.
    * DNA analysis of bloody socks found in Simpson's bedroom were proven to be Nicole's blood.
    * Simpson's hair was found on Goldman's shirt even though Simpson claimed not to have been at the home and never to have met Goldman.
    * DNA analysis of blood on the gloves was proven to be a mixture of Simpson's, Nicole's, and Ronald Goldman's. The gloves also contained particles of Goldman's hair and carpet fibers from Simpson's Bronco.
    * Arrest records indicate that Simpson had been charged with the beating of his wife Nicole. Photos of Nicole's bruised and battered face emerged. Simpson was sentenced to 3 years of community service for the crime.
    * Police discovered that the dome light in the Bronco had been removed. A search of the vehicle revealed the light was carefully placed under the passenger seat and was in good working condition. Puzzling blood smears on the passenger floorboard indicated that Simpson may have purposely removed the light and placed it under the seat before the murders (assuming he had indeed murdered Brown Simpson and Goldman). Then after the murders he may have unsuccessfully tried to find it to put it back in the socket. Police on stakeouts routinely remove the dome lights from their vehicles to avoid detection when the car doors are opened.
    * It was discovered that one set of keys to Nicole Brown Simpson's home were missing. She had indicated to several family members and friends that she feared Simpson had stolen them to gain entry into her home. The keys were later found in Simpson's home.
    * Paula Barbieri indicated that she had broken up with Simpson the day of the murders. She indicated he seemed very disturbed at the news. Phone records proved that Simpson attempted to contact her shortly before the murders from his Bronco's cellular phone.
    * The left-hand glove found at Nicole's home and the right-hand glove found at OJ's home proved to be a match. They were also proven to be Simpson's size. Even though Simpson claimed under oath that he did not own a pair of Aris Isotoner gloves, several media pictures emerged showing Simpson wearing these exact gloves.
    * Bloody footprints in Nicole's home were identified as being made from a pair of Bruno Magli shoes. These shoes are expensive and rare. The size 12 prints match Simpson's shoe size. Simpson claims under oath that he does not own such shoes and in fact indicates that he thinks they "are ugly". A photograph was introduced showing Simpson wearing the exact shoes at an NFL football game. Simpson claimed under oath that the photo is a forgery and is backed up by an expert witness. Later, another photo taken by a different source, also showed Simpson wearing the same shoes at another NFL football game.
    * Friends and family indicated that Nicole claimed that Simpson had been stalking her. She said that everywhere she went she saw Simpson there watching her. She was afraid because Simpson had already told her he would kill her if he ever found her with another man.
    * Ross Cutlery provided store receipts indicating Simpson had purchased a 12-inch Stiletto knife six weeks before the murders. A replica of the knife was purchased by the police and provided an exact match to the wounds on Nicole and Ronald Goldman.

I don't remember alot of that and I know Wiki is not the most reliable source. Either way, that is some crazy shit. And now this TV and book thing?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    * Arrest records indicate that Simpson had been charged with the beating of his wife Nicole. Photos of Nicole's bruised and battered face emerged. Simpson was sentenced to 3 years of community service for the crime.

I didn't remember this but CNN mentions it here http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/suspect/bio/index.html

May 24, 1989
    OJ sentenced for spousal abuse by Ronald Schoenberg His punishment: two years probation, 120 hours of community service, a $470 fine and a $500 payment to Sojourn Battered Womens' Program. OJ also was ordered to attend battery counseling sessions.

anyone who beats thier wife is a piece of shit. and should never be looked at as a legal hero

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I didn't remember this but CNN mentions it here http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/suspect/bio/index.html

May 24, 1989
    OJ sentenced for spousal abuse by Ronald Schoenberg His punishment: two years probation, 120 hours of community service, a $470 fine and a $500 payment to Sojourn Battered Womens' Program. OJ also was ordered to attend battery counseling sessions.

anyone who beats thier wife is a piece of shit. and should never be looked at as a legal hero

legal hero? Who said that? Yall are getting shit way twisted. Im gonna bow out of this thread now. the cryptonite is starting to cloud my reasoning.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    but what about justice for the murdered victims?

you sound white

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    but what about justice for the murdered victims?

you sound white

wow, an asshole comment from you. how unusual.