O.J.: "If I Did It, Here' s How it Happened"

Comments

• I think the presupposed guilt had more to do with the fact that he fled the police on national television before the trial even began.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Do you think the reaction would have been the same if O.J.'s wife and Ron Goldman had been black???

Of course not, Rock. America places Female Caucasoids at the front of the line.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    O.J. got off because he had the best lawyers money could buy.

When a rich white guy gets off this way it's a travesty of justice.

When a famous rich black guy gets off this way it's a "credit to the legal system"

Amazing.

Rich White Guys Who Beat the System vs. Rich Black Guys Who Beat the System.

Numbers Pleez?

A billion to one.

So???

Rock, are you really blind to what the huge symbolic significance of this was to African Americans or are you just playing dumb?

Equal rights to buck the system, regardless of race, for the first time. And thats not even taking into account the fact that the cops were racist as hell.

It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not he was guilty.

I think the presupposed guilt had more to do with the fact that he fled the police on national television before the trial even began.

Or that's how the media spun it for you.

"Fleeing from whom, in broad daylight?"

• HAHA! Are you serious?!

I'd like to hear your reasoning on this one...

HAHA! Are you serious?!

NOT GUILTY.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

When a famous rich black guy gets off this way it's a "credit to the legal system"

Amazing.

Numbers Pleez?

A billion to one.

So???

Rock, are you really blind to what the huge symbolic significance of this was to African Americans or are you just playing dumb?

Equal rights to buck the system, regardless of race, for the first time. And thats not even taking into account the fact that the cops were racist as hell.

But it is a bogus symbol since he was RICH and had lawyers that 99% of the black AND white folks could not have afforded.

NOT GUILTY.

I'm just saying, most people, if trailed by the police, pull over and cooperate to avoid looking guilty.

HAHA! Are you serious?!

NOT GUILTY.

I'm just saying, most people, if trailed by the police, pull over and cooperate to avoid looking guilty.

They darkened his skin on that magazine cover as well.

• Do you think the reaction would have been the same if O.J.'s wife and Ron Goldman had been black???

so true.

I don't know how it could be considered a "travesty of justice" when a person, rich or poor, is rightfully acquitted. I wasn't "pumping my fist" for him, because I would bet my life that he did it; but still, the verdict was the correct one. The travesty is all the people rotting in jail right now that shouldn't be there.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Amazing.

Numbers Pleez?

A billion to one.

So???

But it is a bogus symbol since he was RICH and had lawyers that 99% of the black AND white folks could not have afforded.

But can you argue that equally rich white and black men do not have the same rights/opportunities?

Do you think the reaction would have been the same if O.J.'s wife and Ron Goldman had been black???

So black people would NOT have celebrated as much if Ms. Simpson and Goldman were black??

NOT GUILTY.

They darkened his skin on that magazine cover as well.

They they they.

O.J. incriminated himself in the minds of many before the trial even began by not cooperating with the police. End of story, no matter how many red herrings you throw into the mix.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this issue is also (in my opinion) what makes white people who confidentally proclaim oj as guilty look kinda .

if this were joe montana would they give him the benefit of the doubt?

Would YOU give Joe Montana the benefit of the doubt.

Would the rest of the white Strutters here given him the benefit of the doubt??

Or are you referring to those stereotypical intellectually inferior white folks???

Remember all those white folks partying after Robert Blake was found innocent.

And who could forget those riots in the Hollywood Hills when the Menendez brothers were found guilty!!

"But Rock, the Menendez brothers aren't 100% caucasion"

I know but they were rich so all "white folks" accepted them as two of their own.

:eye rolling graemlin:

Wow, you STAY saying ignorant shit.

O.J. incriminated himself in the minds of many CAUCASOIDS before the trial even began by not cooperating with the police. End of story, no matter how many red herrings you throw into the mix.

this issue is also (in my opinion) what makes white people who confidentally proclaim oj as guilty look kinda .

Or are you referring to those stereotypical intellectually inferior white folks???

And who could forget those riots in the Hollywood Hills when the Menendez brothers were found guilty!!

I know but they were rich so all "white folks" accepted them as two of their own.

That's cool because I take you about as seriously as you take Sabadaba.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Glad to see we're on the same page

You do say some ignorant shit though. That, or your sarcasm isn't transferring too well through the internet ("...these folks are Muslim and Islam is the religion of peace and love.....this must be some right wing propaganda" "Anything that eliminates the outdated and ignorant morals of Christianity or what is percieved as traditional "Family Values" is progressive." etc.).

Glad to see we're on the same page

You do say some ignorant shit though. That, or your sarcasm isn't transferring too well through the internet ("...these folks are Muslim and Islam is the religion of peace and love.....this must be some right wing propaganda" "Anything that eliminates the outdated and ignorant morals of Christianity or what is percieved as traditional "Family Values" is progressive." etc.).

Sounds like you detected sarcasm right on the money. Don't underestimate yourself.

That shit sounds funny coming from soneone who actually doesn't believe it, doesn't it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Sounds like you detected sarcasm right on the money. Don't underestimate yourself.

That shit sounds funny coming from soneone who actually doesn't believe it, doesn't it.

Nope, it sounds ignorant.

Have a great day!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Have a great day!

Nah, I'm not gonna stoop to that level. But I don't really have time to get into all of this. Basically, you can have your views and I'll have mine. I don't have to agree with you, but I also don't have to chime in with childish shit either.

Now for real, have a great day

Have a great day!

OK...maybe it wasn't underestimation....my bad.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    it's pretty sad that in a discussion of murder the actual act and potential punishment are secondary to the skin color of the accused.

what do you think the families of the departed care about more, the killer being brought to justice or the killers racial background?

y'all can analyze this and suppose whatever you want about those with opinions to OJ's guilt or innocence. The bottom line of this thread is OJ is apparently giving "hypothetical" details to how he would commit a murder he claims innocence to yet was found guilty of in civil court.

I find it interesting that people here care more about the tone of skin of a man talking about how he "would" kill his murdered ex-wife, than the content of what he's saying.

• I find it interesting that people here care more about the tone of skin of a man talking about how he "would" kill his murdered ex-wife, than the content of what he's saying.

i think everyone would agree that oj is a douchebag. in fact, there hasn't been a single person who has defended him writing a book about how he "would have" killed his ex wife. at the very least it is a slap in the face to her family and his kids.

the black/white issue surrounding how people viewed the criminal OJ verdict is something that has been widely discussed. not only is it an interesting topic, but it really is something that has historical significance (just like rodney king). 10 years from now i dont think people will be talking about OJ's "famous book" or his "famous fox tv appearance".

it's pretty sad that in a discussion of murder the actual act and potential punishment are secondary to the skin color of the accused.

what do you think the families of the departed care about more, the killer being brought to justice or the killers racial background?

y'all can analyze this and suppose whatever you want about those with opinions to OJ's guilt or innocence. The bottom line of this thread is OJ is apparently giving "hypothetical" details to how he would commit a murder he claims innocence to yet was found guilty of in civil court.

I find it interesting that people here care more about the tone of skin of a man talking about how he "would" kill his murdered ex-wife, than the content of what he's saying.

But in some warped way this was a step forward for civil rights.

Now a rich black man can get away with murder just like a rich white man!!

• it's pretty sad that in a discussion of murder the actual act and potential punishment are secondary to the skin color of the accused.

welcome to Soulstrut!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

i think everyone would agree that oj is a douchebag. in fact, there hasn't been a single person who has defended him writing a book about how he "would have" killed his ex wife. at the very least it is a slap in the face to her family and his kids.

so people are celebrating how a douchebag got away with murder cause he's black?

I still don't see why, in discussions about the case, people still pull the race card.

Jury made a decision that he was innocent in the criminal case.
    He was found guilty in the civil case
    his trial was televised for the world to watch and decide
    his low speed chase was so widely watched that they stopped the NBA Championship to televise it

with all these things laid out for the public to see we still can't get past the fact that this douchebag was a minority?

anyways, back to the original point, I think its an incredibly fucked up and cold hearted thing to go on public TV and talk about how you would have "supposedly" commited these cold blooded murders.

defend a man all you want, say his race matters all you want, but this is some cold shit to do.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

But in some warped way this was a step forward for civil rights.

Now a rich black man can get away with murder just like a rich white man!!

wasn't this what "I Have A Dream" was all about?

• so people are celebrating how a douchebag got away with murder cause he's black?

not since he became a douchebag. please show me the black public figures who are supporting how OJ has acted since his acquittal. its not like oj is speaking at naacp conferences.

his verdict would have been racially tainted if he were convicted in criminal court, hence the cheers among blacks (and others) when he was acquitted. the celebration had very little to do with oj as a person...although back then we didnt know much about him other than his all-american image.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    so people are celebrating how a douchebag got away with murder cause he's black?

I still don't see why, in discussions about the case, people still pull the race card.

Adam,

Race was and will always be a big part of this case's historical anatomy. There's no point in trying to pretend like it doesn???t matter at this point, honestly.

Black folks certainly appreciated that O.J. was found innocent, even if in our minds the facts suggested otherwise. The fact is that we are disproportionately imprisoned every day for the same crimes as White folks who all too often get off. Feel free to check those statistics. It???s all there.

Is it wrong to feel some sort of relief from a moral perspective? Sure. But, that still doesn't mean it isn't a good feeling to see one of your own not tossed in the slammer like so many others (hence the celebration). But, by no means does that discount that beneath all of this, lives were lost.

• please show me the black public figures who are supporting how OJ has acted since his acquittal.

So I guess you're saying "BATMON" isn't a public figure. That's fucked up.

The real question is, who is sleazier...OJ or K-Fed?