NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    but condoning any sort of brawling on the court pretty shameful.

Find me a quote from Isaiah condoning a brawl. Hard fouls on showboats is not brawling. And can we put some Aloe on the asshurtness already. Move on. The Knicks have simply won some nailbiters, that's all.

• but condoning any sort of brawling on the court pretty shameful.

Hard fouls on showboats is not brawling.

isiah is not a good coach, but if you lost respect for him because he told his players to give Melo (or whoever) a hard foul in the 4th....you haven't been around hoops too much. knocking someone on their ass is part of the game. the pistons made it their motto and they won back to back championships. nothing wrong with sending a message. fighting is another story but even then...we are talking about grown men, not some little league children. half the time i think these guys are just cashing checks, i like to see some emotions on the court. more brawls please.

• Zeke = the Stringer Bell of the NBA, and this goes waaaay back......

Zeke = the Stringer Bell of the NBA, and this goes waaaay back......

I'm not familiar w/ The Wire characters, can u explain pleez.

• Zeke = the Stringer Bell of the NBA, and this goes waaaay back......

I'm not familiar w/ The Wire characters, can u explain pleez.

Sittin back, making a gangster's plans and letting the henchmen do all the dirty work. I wonder how much of the BAD BOYS was Zeke. How much influence did he exert over Mahorn, Laimbeer and all them other cats. Tellin' Melo "don't go in the paint".

I think a comparison to any head of any real/fictional crime organization would've been apt. He's obviously got some gangster in him.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Zeke = the Stringer Bell of the NBA, and this goes waaaay back......

Don't give Isiah that much credit. He's not as organized in his tactics. I'm hoping the rest of the Atlantic can, err, string something together to bring this Knicks rally to a halt.

The Knicks are (gasp!) finally living up to their potential. Sure their team goes together like milk and lemonade but they have a shit load of talent. They should be better than .500.

I wonder how much of the BAD BOYS was Zeke. How much influence did he exert over Mahorn, Laimbeer and all them other cats.

Ask that man in the middle about toughness.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

isiah is not a good coach, but if you lost respect for him because he told his players to give Melo (or whoever) a hard foul in the 4th....you haven't been around hoops too much. knocking someone on their ass is part of the game. the pistons made it their motto and they won back to back championships. nothing wrong with sending a message. fighting is another story but even then...we are talking about grown men, not some little league children. half the time i think these guys are just cashing checks, i like to see some emotions on the court. more brawls please.

his post game interview rhetoric was defending what ensued after the hard foul. i cant find a complete transcript, but i remember watching the post game interviews and being disgusted. his whole tone was "we aint gonna let them do this to us in our house."

suck it up, admit that it got outta hand and move on. dont point fingers and make a PR debacle that will inevitably make your club look even more like garbage.

• I wonder how much of the BAD BOYS was Zeke. How much influence did he exert over Mahorn, Laimbeer and all them other cats.

Ask that man in the middle about toughness.

What would Chuck Daly tell me? Those Nets and Magic teams were BRUTAL.

suck it up, admit that it got outta hand and move on. dont point fingers and make a PR debacle that will inevitably make your club look even more like garbage.

There is too much money at stake for him to look like a snivering high school coach. No one got hurt.
    Do hockey coaches have to apologize for fights? He didnt make Melo sucker punch. Whatever. His stance has seemed to pay off in the short term, 'cause these cats have rallied together during the "PR Debacle" and put up some Wins.

James Posey committed a crazy hard foul last night against the Bulls in retaliation to the Heinrich foul on Wade which put Wade out.

I didn't see Kirk's foul but I doubt it has that hard. Riley was just crying about it, obviously as Wade is That Magic Man. Posey is just a dirty player. Dude checked Kirk last year in the playoffs and got suspended and seems like he is up to the same last night when he tackled Deng.

Bulls should have closed that game out early. But last night's win against Miami and the loss against the Wolves a day earlier show a team that will not go down easily. The Bulls are 12-2 in their last 14. But just like the Knicks they have a pretty wicked stretch coming. It remains to be seen if the Chicago will be a legitimate talent against some of the stronger Western clubs.

As far as Dwayne Wade goes, I was reading that he only averages like 12 points in his games in Chicago. So much for the hometown advantage. Somebody was shooting at a cop last night in Robbins, Wade's old town in the south burbs.

I didn't see Kirk's foul but I doubt it has that hard.

He pulled Wade's wrist while he came around the curl. Its a dirty little play which alot of cats do and get away w/. But if you hurt somebody because of that, then you teamates or you are gonna see some sort of reaction.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think a comparison to any head of any real/fictional crime organization would've been apt. He's obviously got some gangster in him.

Growing up on the West Side of Chicago can do something like that to you.

A Mother's Courage: The Mary Thomas Story[/b]

A Mother's Courage is the story of Mary Thomas, the mother of Detroit Pistons star player Isaiah Thomas. As portrayed by Alfre Woodard, Mary is a tireless, feisty single mom, struggling successfully to free her large family from the influence of the poverty and crime surrounding her West Side Chicago neighborhood. Isiah is played at various stages in his life by Garland Spencer and Larry O. Williams. This TV movie builds to an inspiring conclusion as Mary fights city hall to keep her family from being forcibly moved to a violence-ridden housing project. A Mother's Courage: The Mary Thomas Story was originally a two-part presentation of The Disney Sunday Movie, and as such is not always as realistic as its story material warrants. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I'll have to check the replay.

Do you think Posey's foul was a proper response? If it was the other way around, Andres Nocioni probably would have slammed Jason William's head off the basket post, or P.J. Brown thrown a chair at Udonis Haslem.

his post game interview rhetoric was defending what ensued after the hard foul. i cant find a complete transcript, but i remember watching the post game interviews and being disgusted. his whole tone was "we aint gonna let them do this to us in our house."

Yikes.

Do you think Posey's foul was a proper response? If it was the other way around, Andres Nocioni probably would have slammed Jason William's head off the basket post, or P.J. Brown thrown a chair at Udonis Haslem.

Well it wasnt the other way. And yes you dont hurt the franchise player intentionally and not give a hard foul to someone on the other team. Have you ever played organized b-ball?

Well it wasnt the other way. And yes you dont hurt the franchise player intentionally and not give a hard foul to someone on the other team. Have you ever played organized b-ball?

The inevitable have-you-played-B-ball question. Unless you count quadruple-A high-school level park ball, no. But I am very aware of punishing the team for fucking with Miami Heat Player A., or any other team's tog dog. It's pretty much the same concept in any other sport; remember when David Love III took on the entire European team during the Ryder Cup after one of them messed with Tiger Woods' golf bag? Insane.

Seriously though, I was just joking. Sure a foul was necessary. It was just ironic that Posey was the man to carry it out. Perhaps for the best -- the Heat and the Bulls have a little rivalry going now, with last year's playoffs, the blowout to start the season and now last night. And who better to take out some heat on than Luol Deng. Dude is looking very good this year slashing through the lane. Not D-Wade good but, then again, not many players are. Luckily for Miami, the X-rays were negative.

Mike Fratello got the axe!!!!!

AP -

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies fired coach Mike Fratello on Thursday after a 6-24 start.

The Grizzlies' all-time winningest coach, Fratello had a 95-83 record and had guided Memphis to consecutive playoff appearances.

He started the season without All-Star center Pau Gasol, who broke his foot this summer in the world championships and missed the first 22 games.

"Unfortunately, this season has been one of disarray starting this past summer," Fratello said in a statement.

Jerry West, Grizzlies president of basketball operations, announced the move, calling Fratello a great coach and friend.

"We just felt it was time to make a change and move in a different direction based on our record and future goals. We wish Mike the best in his future endeavors," West said in a statement.

Fratello replaced Hubie Brown on Dec. 2, 2004. He took the Grizzlies to the playoffs but was swept in the first round in 2005 and 2006.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I wonder what the mood is like on a plane ride for a 6-24 team. Knowing they'll fly into town, get their ass beat, and move on to the next town to get their ass beat....It's a combination of players not having enough pride and coaches that are helpless/clueless. And to think, Memphis had a SOLID team a few years back when Hubie Brown was coaching 'em. What a shame.

• Nice game-winner Dirk. Avery's got them boys playin right now. 22 of their last 25.

Nice game-winner Dirk. Avery's got them boys playin right now. 22 of their last 25.

No doubt.

Is it Dallas or Phoenix that racked up all these wins against sub-.500 teams?

22 of their last 25.

That's "playing" right thurr.

Paging Drewn.........

I kept my mouth shut last time.

Jordan got divorced,

I didn't catch the game, but yeah isn't this the second time this season the Pistons have lost to Indy? NAGL. (I can't stand to watch the Pacers play. Shit is like watching paint dry.)

How about them Lakers?

• how about them bobcats? it's easy to write them off, but they have a great young core and they play with heart. they've had some quality wins on the road as well .... their only problem is that they're young and inexperienced, and a little inconsistent. i've been following them for a few years now and i still maintain that they're a few years' experience and a major free agent acquisition - which they have the cap space to pull off - away from being a real solid team. plus, my man gerald wallace is a fantasy basketball wet dream sometimes - 40 pts/14 reb/6stl/4blk as a shooting guard ?? ...geeeezz

how about them bobcats? it's easy to write them off, but they have a great young core and they play with heart. they've had some quality wins on the road as well .... their only problem is that they're young and inexperienced, and a little inconsistent. i've been following them for a few years now and i still maintain that they're a few years' experience and a major free agent acquisition - which they have the cap space to pull off - away from being a real solid team. plus, my man gerald wallace is a fantasy basketball wet dream sometimes - 40 pts/14 reb/6stl/4blk as a shooting guard ?? ...geeeezz

How about them Lakers

Gerald Wallace also plays alot at the 3 position. He and Morrison swap.

Lakers are like 5 in the L.

The Lakers are currently 9th in the league.

The Lakers are currently 9th in the league.

According to Drewn, even the facts become skewed. 6th best record. Ofcourse that don't mean shit. It's just that the East is making their record look stellar.