NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• So you're reppin' the whole eastcoast huh? Detroit, Cleveland, and New York. Please choose a team and stick with it.

but please. don't choose cleveland. you know it's bad when the only silver lining through 1/4 of the season is the state of the east as a whole.

noones really talking about it yet, but something's up w/lebron.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    So you're reppin' the whole eastcoast huh? Detroit, Cleveland, and New York. Please choose a team and stick with it.

but please. don't choose cleveland. you know it's bad when the only silver lining through 1/4 of the season is the state of the east as a whole.

noones really talking about it yet, but something's up w/lebron.

something's up with Lebron? You mean in his personal life?

• i've no inside information. i simply watch the games.

so far, he's not the same. from what i gather from media reports/intuition, it's some combination of attitude/fatigue.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    So you're reppin' the whole eastcoast huh? Detroit, Cleveland, and New York. Please choose a team and stick with it.

Never in my life have I ever hollered for Cleveland. Where did you get that from?

Never in my life have I ever hollered for Cleveland. Where did you get that from?

ahh whatever.

i've no inside information. i simply watch the games.

so far, he's not the same. from what i gather from media reports/intuition, it's some combination of attitude/fatigue.

His career has skyrocketed up to this point. I think the biggest challenge and turmoil that arises in him, will undoubtedly be trying to get a ring. I think he should develop his post-up game more, since he has that rare combination of power and speed. He's kinda like Magic in the sense that he's a big man, handling the rock. But ofcourse, Magic had some pretty good teammates as well.

• can i get a DAVID LEE!?

20 then 19 and the tip...

• my new slogan for the Knicks this year is:

"Worst In First"

Honestly, i think they can do it...

• His career has skyrocketed up to this point. I think the biggest challenge and turmoil that arises in him, will undoubtedly be trying to get a ring.

but we all know that:

There are far greater rewards in the NBA for owners, players, and all others associated, besides winning championships;

right?

He does hunger for a ring though, he said something about that last night. He needs to make it to the finals.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cleveland is not that good. The coach is average. The role players are average.
    I foresee another K.G. situation unless the NBA inserts a quality coach and brings in a big name to help.
    Larry Hughes,Illgauskas,Gooden,Marshall.............not championship caliber players.

This shit is gonna be LeBron & friends for a while.................

Wade paired up
    Melo paired up
    LeBron has to pair up if he wants to get to the next level.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Sideshow Bob isn't going to cut it, huh? I was watching some of that game last night and realized, again, that the Nets are one ugly motherfucking team. Not that it really matters, but Jason Kidd is rough on the eyes.

As for the Knicks, that was a close call winning in double OT against... Charlotte.

• Sideshow Bob isn't going to cut it, huh? I was watching some of that game last night and realized, again, that the Nets are one ugly motherfucking team. Not that it really matters, but Jason Kidd is rough on the eyes.

Ugly or not, he IS "Mr. Triple Double", and him and his homie Vinsanity are fun to watch.

Lebron does need some help though, what would be best for him? A younger player or a vet? A Chris Paul or a Jason Kidd? How about Redd?

Scottie Pippin and Toni Kukoc are available.

• What are your all-star starting 5 picks for east or west or both?

Sideshow Bob isn't going to cut it, huh? I was watching some of that game last night and realized, again, that the Nets are one ugly motherfucking team. Not that it really matters, but Jason Kidd is rough on the eyes.

Ugly or not, he IS "Mr. Triple Double", and him and his homie Vinsanity are fun to watch.

Lebron does need some help though, what would be best for him? A younger player or a vet? A Chris Paul or a Jason Kidd? How about Redd?

I would say a dominant or productive post player. Thier frontcourt is servicable but not.. .

K.G. would be nice.

What are your all-star starting 5 picks for east or west or both?

I voted already and I forgot who I listed. I know who I dont want to see in Las Vegas....

Tracy McGrady

As for the Knicks, that was a close call winning in double OT against... Charlotte.

Who is your team?

I am a sad NBA fanboy with no real knowledge of the game outside of some weeded, Friday-night shit talking. That said, I'll give that a shot:

EAST
    C-Ben Wallace
    PF-Dwight Howard
    SF-LeBron
    SG-D-Wade
    PG-A.I. (will he count for the East?)

WEST
    C-Boozer
    PF-Duncan
    SF-'Melo
    SG-Kobe
    PG-Nash

P.S. I haven't seen the ballot and am a bit iffy on positions.

P.P.S. Bulls fan

• Sideshow Bob isn't going to cut it, huh? I was watching some of that game last night and realized, again, that the Nets are one ugly motherfucking team. Not that it really matters, but Jason Kidd is rough on the eyes.

I would say a dominant or productive post player. Thier frontcourt is servicable but not.. .

K.G. would be nice.

hmm yeah him and Garnett would be pretty up front. I still think they could benefit a lot from a solid point guard too though. And Ilgauskas should be able to hold it down. Should being the key word.

• I am a sad NBA fanboy with no real knowledge of the game outside of some weeded, Friday-night shit talking. That said, I'll give that a shot:

Hey, we can't ALL be basketball scientists! The only knowledge I have is from watching games. I don't think you need to do a lot more than that to understand the game and be able to talk about it. Some people may try to profess their knowledge on some higher level, but when it's all said and done, we're all just fans.

EAST
    C-Ben Wallace
    PF-Dwight Howard
    SF-LeBron
    SG-D-Wade
    PG-A.I. (will he count for the East?)

WEST
    C-Boozer
    PF-Duncan
    SF-'Melo
    SG-Kobe
    PG-Nash

P.S. I haven't seen the ballot and am a bit iffy on positions.

P.P.S. Bulls fan

Iverson is now on the west ballot.

My picks were:

EAST:
    C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Chris Bosh (!)
    SF - LeBron James
    SG - Michael Redd/D.Wade (Wade is the obvious pick but Redd is too nice to forget about)
    PG - Jason Kidd

WEST:

C - Marcus Camby
    PF - Kevin Garnett
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    PG - Allen Iverson/Chris Paul (the hardest 6 foot guards in the NBA)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

My picks were:

EAST:
    C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Chris Bosh (!)
    SF - LeBron James
    SG - Michael Redd/D.Wade (Wade is the obvious pick but Redd is too nice to forget about)
    PG - Jason Kidd

WEST:

C - Marcus Camby Yao Ming or Carlos Boozer
    PF - Kevin Garnett
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    SG - Kobe Bryant

everything else I agree with

Forgot about Yao. Would probably go with him even though Boozer's having a great year.

Plus, there's no way the billion people in China aren't going to vote him in.

My picks were:

EAST:
    C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Chris Bosh (!)
    SF - LeBron James
    PG - Jason Kidd

WEST:

PF - Kevin Garnett
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    SG - Kobe Bryant

Your are sleeping, you do not want to believe.

Camby is the truth.

As far as -

Dwight Howard
    Carlos Boozer
    Micheal Redd

Were any of you seein' these cats last year or are you on some late pass popularity stuff?

• Some people may try to profess their knowledge on some higher level, but when it's all said and done, we're all just fans.

You doubt the analytical - nay, the scientifical - power accrued by constant 3-on-3 intramural play?

Do you pretend to not know the value of STRONG CHEST PASSES?

Clearly you have never been WORKED. You better pray that Yuichi misses this like a cable-only Knicks game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

My picks were:

EAST:
    C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Chris Bosh (!)
    SF - LeBron James
    PG - Jason Kidd

WEST:

PF - Kevin Garnett
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    SG - Kobe Bryant

Your are sleeping, you do not want to believe.

Camby is the truth.

So basically what you're saying is that Camby is the best Center in the game(Shit, Ben Wallace isn't even a real Center)

Carmelo is one of the 2 best SF in the league

And Iverson is one of the best 3 PG's

You ready to bet that the Nuggets win it all too???

• Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

Clearly, you were not paying attention when Camby was stinking it up as a Knick.

Then again, most players that stink as Knicks go on to do great things elsewhere.

Some people may try to profess their knowledge on some higher level, but when it's all said and done, we're all just fans.

You doubt the analytical - nay, the scientifical - power accrued by constant 3-on-3 intramural play?

Do you pretend to not know the value of STRONG CHEST PASSES?

Clearly you have never been WORKED. You better pray that Yuichi misses this like a cable-only Knicks game.

The hell outta here. You're not on my level.

Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

Clearly, you were not paying attention when Camby was stinking it up as a Knick.

Then again, most players that stink as Knicks go on to do great things elsewhere.

I'm not feeling this nit-picky dissection of people's comments as of late.

Wanna know the truth? JP changes coasts, but his team still sucks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

JP the Camby playing last year and this is NOT the Camby that played for the Knicks.