NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• It's true... my adopted Knicks suck worse than my hometown Warriors...

• Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

Clearly, you were not paying attention when Camby was stinking it up as a Knick.

Then again, most players that stink as Knicks go on to do great things elsewhere.

JP the Camby playing last year and this is NOT the Camby that played for the Knicks.

Oh, I know.

It's all part of the Dolan curse.

Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, even Nazr....

Shit, watch Marburry start winning once they find someone to take him off their hands.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

Clearly, you were not paying attention when Camby was stinking it up as a Knick.

Then again, most players that stink as Knicks go on to do great things elsewhere.

Let me clear my throat........

I was hyping him up. He bolsters that teams defense. He blocks per game is crazy, and you cant calculate intimidation. And he's been having a consistant/above average year.

He was mad brittle w/ the Knicks but single handedly defeated the Pacers in the playoffs one year.

He is key to this new Nuggets team. I voted him to the All-Star team.

First in Blocks in the West

And is 4th in west in rebounds.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Carlos Boozer
    Micheal Redd

Were any of you seein' these cats last year or are you on some late pass popularity stuff?

Ive been watching micheal redd since his rookie days and knew he was going to be an important player

been hatting boozer since duke but now ive learned to DEAL!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Camby can be a good (role) player... but "The Truth"?

JP the Camby playing last year and this is NOT the Camby that played for the Knicks.

Sure, Camby's been a hell of a lot better in Denver, but that's because he's thrived in the role he's been given to play. You can't trust building a team around him, which disqualifies him from being "The Truth".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Shit, watch Marburry start winning once they find someone to take him off their hands.

What happened to Steph? Larry Brown just shattered his psyche?

• WARRIORS, BITCH

ROCK IT.

• As far as -

Dwight Howard
    Carlos Boozer
    Micheal Redd

Were any of you seein' these cats last year or are you on some late pass popularity stuff?

Denver could have had Redd the year they got Martin, no? I watched him a little last year and he's caught my attention even more this year (before the 57 point game he was leading scorer in the league in the early weeks). I can't say I been on him since day one but I've known of his presence. I remember thinking last year he'd be a good Nugget.

• Denver could have had Redd the year they got Martin, no?

no. milwaukee had the option of offering him a 6th year and the additional money it would involve, whereas any other team could have only offered him 5. if he didn't stay in milwaukee he would have gone to cleveland to be lebron's shooter - they were offering him all they could under the collective bargaining agreement. also, the kenyon martin sign-and-trade was a year before redd's free agency came up. by the way, it's amazing that after that incredible blunder and denver's subsequent de facto firing of the man, kiki vandeweghe is still regarded as an up and coming GM .. the hottest free agent on that market.

Millions of Dolan dollars will be wired to the bank account of the person who accurately answer and find a solution to this question.

Millions of Dolan dollars will be wired to the bank account of the person who accurately answer and find a solution to this question.

Out of the coaches Marbury has played under, I think Brown wasnt letting him have his way. Same situation w/ Iverson. Larry Brown is not gonna let these cats do what they want. Brown was brought in to correct the situation which meant tinkering w/ Marbury's style of play (ala Billups). " Distribute first - shoot second" - Steph runs and locks himself in the bathroom.

Out of the coaches Marbury has played under, I think Brown wasnt letting him have his way. Same situation w/ Iverson. Larry Brown is not gonna let these cats do what they want. Brown was brought in to correct the situation which meant tinkering w/ Marbury's style of play (ala Billups). " Distribute first - shoot second" - Steph runs and locks himself in the bathroom.

That whole situation was nuts--LB behaved rather poorly, too.

Most quotable moment was when LB told Steph publicly that he was no AI and to get over it.

Most quotable moment was when LB told Steph publicly that he was no AI and to get over it.

And now LB may be returning to Philly... should be just in time to completely destroy the confidence of these draft picks they netted in the AI deal.

I think Isaiah was protecting Marbury. Whatever........Dude didnt/couldnt adjust his game and the stupid Knick fans expected an overnight solution. Brown obviously needed 3 years to change the culture and hope to create cap space. These Knick fan dummies thought Brown was inheriting the Pistons. Brown was handed over a fucked up NYC the same way Dinkins took over after Koch's tour......

I think Isaiah was protecting Marbury. Whatever........Dude didnt/couldnt adjust his game and the stupid Knick fans expected an overnight solution. Brown obviously needed 3 years to change the culture and hope to create cap space. These Knick fan dummies thought Brown was inheriting the Pistons. Brown was handed over a fucked up NYC the same way Dinkins took over after Koch's tour......

He inherited a roster that was a mess, but you don't think LB was at all responsible for the way the season turned out?

He inherited a roster that was a mess, but you don't think LB was at all responsible for the way the season turned out?

Yes,Larry Brown is part and parcel of last seasons debacle. New york fans/media/mgmnt/ wanted change to fast.The players started to shut him out and he tightened his grip in response. But he was never given the any slack in the first place. Damn, if he isnt given some time to alter the team what does one expect. He's a teacher/rebuilder not a Phil Jackson who can only flourish w/ an All Star.
    Van Gundy jumped ship as well cause the bigwigs were clueless.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SUNS TAKING ON ARENAS AND CO TONITE
    SO FAR

IT'S BEEN RELENTLESS

LEANDRO IS TOO FAST
    ARENAS IS TOO GOOD

THIS ONE FINNA BLOW!!!!

JEAH!!!!!!!!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm used to Kobe's 24 jersey number now....this is gonna take some time to get used to as well:

SUNS TAKING ON ARENAS AND CO TONITE

ARENAS IS TOO GOOD

THIS ONE FINNA BLOW!!!!
    JEAH!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm used to Kobe's 24 jersey number now....this is gonna take some time to get used to as well:

tell me about it. that was the most surreal basketball game I've ever watched. They didn't know if he was gonna play until pre-game shoot-around, pretty much. He was off the plane at something like 4 and suited up by 6:30 and still managed to pump out 22/10 with the denver bench. We played without Camby or any other starters. And we almost didn't lose. If they hit half the shots Iverson set them up with we would have blown em out.

What is wrong w/ the Clippers?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Well, I haven't watched an entire Clippers game in some time, but judging by where they rank in 3 point percentage as a team (worst in the league), I'll probably assume that they take a substantial amount of shots from the perimeter, and not enough dribble penetration to get to the rack. In fact, this is a problem with many teams in the L these days. Players aren't quite grasping the concept that if you swing the ball to the open man with STRONG CHEST PASSES (or bounce passes) then you'll get an easy look; or atleast be able to exploit the weakside defense.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    I'm used to Kobe's 24 jersey number now....this is gonna take some time to get used to as well:

You telling us?!? I'm glad he's happy. Dixers sucks.

• SUNS TAKING ON ARENAS AND CO TONITE

ARENAS IS TOO GOOD

THIS ONE FINNA BLOW!!!!
    JEAH!!!!!!!!!!

that hurt last night, especially at the end of regulation.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

My God, did the Wizards and Kinds go to the same deranged fashion designer or what? Worse fuckin unis in the NBA!

• ATTENTION: THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS ARE NOW A BETTER BASKETBALL TEAM[/b]. DEAL WITH IT, BATCHES

• ATTENTION: THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS ARE NOW A BETTER BASKETBALL TEAM[/b]. DEAL WITH IT, BATCHES

Damn, money lost his number too. Who's 24 on the Sixers?

I wish him the best in Philly. He will hold it down for y'all.

• Damn, money lost his number too. Who's 24 on the Sixers?

Retired number.... Bobby Jones

I think we'll see a better 76ers team without Iverson, actually. He's an amazing player, but he's also very high-maintenance (in that annoying girlfriend sort of way). He always wants attention AND the ball, preventing other players from growing around him. There's a lot of young talent on that team, but they can only shine so often with Iverson holding court.

• [color:red]BULLS[/b] [/color]