NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Don't make me drop science!

Go ahead Yuichi, let me hear your Kobe > Michael Theory, pleez.

• Actually 3[/b] assists and 1 turnover, in 34 minutes.

yeah i wrote that w/ about 5 minutes left in the 4th and the lakes up by 20. good to see he decided to pass the rock lest he look like a ball hog!

whats up w/ that darkness at the staples center?
    I had the pleasure of being at this game. And Kobe did light it up like only a few really can do. He simply got hot. He had less than 20 points in the first half. I really saw an amazing team beat a really good team last night. Lakers really are

I hat when folks say someone is a ball hog when a dude is not doing that at all. Homie was perfect from the floor and the free throw line in the thrid quarter?!?!? He got hotter than hot. Really unstoppable. He was goin over kirilenko like he was danny fucking devito. And kirilenko isn't a damn slouch when it comes to defense. Come on man. That is straight

and whatever else graemlin you wanna throw at it.

the thing is without kobe, lakers would have a had a huge chance at beating the jazz. bynum, mo evans, lamar, luke and my main man rony turiaf are straight dope.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Word, tell him Tate! I was at Staples in the nose bleeds last year, and that was coincidentally the time he came back from suspension and dropped like 46. He was draining threes like he was in the gym by himself.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I cannot hatt on Kobe at all. Dude has got skills.

Go Suns, though.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Word, tell him Tate! I was at Staples in the nose bleeds last year, and that was coincidentally the time he came back from suspension and dropped like 46. He was draining threes like he was in the gym by himself.

You sound like Stephen A. Smith.

That's a good thing. Out of all the Sports fuckin' analysts out there, he's one dude I actually care to listen to. And those TNT cats (Kenny, Charles, Ernie). I know a lot of people don't take Barkley seriously, but his predictions are on point. "Sac, Golden State...probably aren't gonna make the playoffs". "Lakers are good, but they'll maybe get the 5th spot". He really has a good sense of what's going on with individual players and teams.

That's a good thing. Out of all the Sports fuckin' analysts out there, he's one dude I actually care to listen to. And those TNT cats (Kenny, Charles, Ernie). I know a lot of people don't take Barkley seriously, but his predictions are on point. "Sac, Golden State...probably aren't gonna make the playoffs". "Lakers are good, but they'll maybe get the 5th spot". He really has a good sense of what's going on with individual players and teams.

I can't find the thread, but am I correct in recalling that you were one of the dudes who couldn't stand Stephen A. a good while back?

I had the pleasure of being at this game. And Kobe did light it up like only a few really can do. He simply got hot. He had less than 20 points in the first half. I really saw an WELL RESTED team beat a really TIRED good team last night.

Utah beat you guys the previous Friday.

Not to take away from your win but "amazing" team.............

• Word, tell him Tate! I was at Staples in the nose bleeds last year, and that was coincidentally the time he came back from suspension and dropped like 46. He was draining threes like he was in the gym by himself.

That's a good thing. Out of all the Sports fuckin' analysts out there, he's one dude I actually care to listen to.

c'mon!! stephen a. smith is entertaining but he's like the Don King of sports commentary. doug collins is far and away the best analyst on tv. he knows a lot about the game and articulates his points well. as far as entertainment, barkley and kenny kill smith. no contest. i'd put smith in the same category as dick vitale.

That's a good thing. Out of all the Sports fuckin' analysts out there, he's one dude I actually care to listen to.

c'mon!! stephen a. smith is entertaining but he's like the Don King of sports commentary. doug collins is far and away the best analyst on tv. he knows a lot about the game and articulates his points well. as far as entertainment, barkley and kenny kill smith. no contest. i'd put smith in the same category as dick vitale.

Hubie Brown is my favorite analysis.

I can't find the thread, but am I correct in recalling that you were one of the dudes who couldn't stand Stephen A. a good while back?

No way Jose, that wasn't me.

The reason I like Stephen A. is cuz his interviews with players are really geniune and really dig deep into a player's psyche. He doesn't sound like a robot. He's not a court-side commentator, so he won't really go into technicalities, but he really approaches everything from both sides. Case in point, summarizing his stance on the league's new rules:

"The new rules are dumb. suit up before games, no arguing with refs, new ball. But ultimately you're playing within an organization, if you don't wanna follow the organization's rules, someone else will step in and take that big paycheck."

He's like the equivalent of a Tupac fan in NY. I can appreciate that.

Kobe Bryant, BEST PLAYA IN DA LEAGUE right now.

Better than ......
    the 12 wins in a row MAVS(DIRK)
    MELO is at the top of his game right now....
    TIN DUNCAN - NO WORDS

• MELO is at the top of his game right now....

no shit, 38 points in 34 minutes last night. He's got 30 or more in 12 of his last 13 games, nuggets are 10-2 in last 12 games. Anybody catch any of his ridiculous left handed layups or that face melting Dr. J reverse layup from behind the backboard last night? I tried to find video online, but I couldn't. You'll see it if you watch the highlight reels from this weekend.

plus we had the ill throw back "Denver Rockets" jerseys from the 60s.:

Better than ......
    TIN DUNCAN - NO WORDS

I can say this now without hesistation. YES. UNGUARDABLE. (even with 2, 3 defenders on the regular).

Better than ......
    TIN DUNCAN - NO WORDS

I can say this now without hesistation. YES. UNGUARDABLE. (even with 2, 3 defenders on the regular).

So that's your measurement? The Most unguardable = THE BEST?

OK if that's your assessment, FINE.

Aren't there other aspects of the game -like say um..............................

DEFENSE + A gang of other intangables.

[color:purple]
    Kobe Bryant is the best offensive player on the planet. He can carry a team's offense, is capable of providing almost any ingredient necessary to a system's success and is the best at creating a shot when the system breaks down.
    [/color]

• Kobe Bryant, BEST PLAYA IN DA LEAGUE right now.

Better than ......
    TIN DUNCAN - NO WORDS

i think so, but lebron proved last year in the playoffs that he is the league mvp. the man is a beast! kobe is still my favorite player to watch.

i think so, but lebron proved last year in the playoffs that he is the league mvp. the man is a beast! kobe is still my favorite player to watch.
    The MVP is only for the regular season, so that negates Lebron's Playoff performances.

She's killin' it in Orlando and from the Off-Guard position. She's probably got more assists than Jameer Melson.

D. Wade chosen as SI's Sportsman of the Year:

Elevating his game when the stakes are highest, Wade has scored more postseason points in his first three seasons than any other player in NBA history.

The reason why I claimed he was the #1 PLAYA IN THE DA WORLD before the season started.

Lakers/Pacers - what's the word Yuichi. I cant see the game. The Pacers are at the end of a West Coast trip. Y'all should win.

How does Maceo Baston look?

Don't have FSN either....But I like the halftime score! 60-44.

Anyone think that the Leather ball will replace the new ball?

Anyone think that the Leather ball will replace the new ball?

It's pretty obvious that David Stern is just trying to save face with his admission that instituting the new ball without player input was the wrong thing to do. But, like Stephen A. Smith said the other day, the finger should be pointed at the players union for not being proactive in the decision making, instead of purely reactionary, after the fact.

And to answer your question, I honestly don't think the leather ball is coming back.

I hope it comes back. I can't even imagine playing with that toy ball!

• I hope it comes back. I can't even imagine playing with that toy ball!

have you though? i actually kind of like it. it's a shooter's ball. but i have no basis for comparison since i never played with the nba leather - if i like the synthetic i'd probably adore the leather. the new ball looks a lot cheaper than it feels.

I hope it comes back. I can't even imagine playing with that toy ball!

have you though? i actually kind of like it. it's a shooter's ball. but i have no basis for comparison since i never played with the nba leather - if i like the synthetic i'd probably adore the leather. the new ball looks a lot cheaper than it feels.

I would love to put my hands on that ball and feel it out.