Artistes everyone likes but you don't?

Comments

• i just opened this thread and it's really funny. i agree with The Doors and Eric Clapton. i personally do not like patty smith

• So you agree with me but nonetheless want to get ass-hurt over things that I've never actually said but that you fantasize that I might privately think?

Dre is obviously more impressive as a businessman and as a shaper of images than Tim is. I don't think anyone would dispute that. Happy?

That was not your stance earlier in this thread. And please... I have been on the board long enough to read the diarhea you spew on here to know what you've stated in the past. It's an interesting facet of your (online) character that you are unable to remember your own words.

RIF = Remembering is fundamental

I'm done. you can resume wearing your pink shirts... Or did you never own a pink shirt?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So you agree with me but nonetheless want to get ass-hurt over things that I've never actually said but that you fantasize that I might privately think?

Dre is obviously more impressive as a businessman and as a shaper of images than Tim is. I don't think anyone would dispute that. Happy?

That was not your stance earlier in this thread.

You know, I put up with a lot from you little dudes. I really do. Most days I exhibit the patience of a saint. But where I draw the line is at being held accountable for your struggles with reading comprehension. So quote it, illiteratesonofabitch.

mindless drivel

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    10 years later and these groups seem like a dream come true compared to the utter shite that is on the radio today:

asstro

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I still cannot get with The Rolling Stones.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Stones Beatles Doors but that's not my genre anyway. 

>>> digable planets

Common. 

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    B52s

REM

Metallica ( I like a couple early joints but I think %99 of their stuff is crap)

i've always found Bob Dylan irritating for the most part. I do like the track that's in Big Lebowski though.

Duderonomy

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    bob dylan covers > bob dylan

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Cosine all the big names above.
    And R.I.P. George Martin.
    I mean, the hits have become part of the bedrock of popular culture, but I don't personally own any of it.

And I'm not being ignorant, I will listen to it, but the output is, for want of a better expression, rather boner-softening.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    J-Rocc
    Have always found his production and djing very predictable, a lot of my friends like him tho

• Everyone I know seems to love this guy, I just don't get it.

A couple of bands I HATED 10 years a go and like now:

Beach Boys and The Grateful Dead.

• Bowie and the Who. Don't get it...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    the_dL said:
    J-Rocc
    Have always found his production and djing very predictable, a lot of my friends like him tho
    He's a maniac on the decks.  Have you seen him live?  

Rush

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Sun-Ra.

Sun-Ra.
    This!

The only Sun Ra album I like is a disco jazz crossover:

The rest I don't get....  like Frank Zappa.

It seems like people will gravitate toward something because it makes them look "cool".

RAJ said:
    Sun-Ra.
    This!

The only Sun Ra album I like is a disco jazz crossover:

The rest I don't get....  like Frank Zappa.

It seems like people will gravitate toward something because it makes them look "cool".
    He's got a massive discography so there's probably something out there I might like, but his so-called great/famous stuff doesn't make me even curious.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Huh I guess there are big digable planets fans out there that would think I'm crazy too but sun ra is so good. 
    Now I'm hype to check the album you mentioned as I don't know that one!

Pearl Jam

jjfad027 said:
    Pearl Jam
    Who likes these prolapsed arseholes?
    asstro

jjfad027 said:
    Pearl Jam

Yes! 

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    More recent examples:

Coldplay
    Mumford & Sons
    Wiz Khalifa

RAJ said:
    Frank Zappa.
    His later bands slayed but the earlier stuff is a waste of time for me.  I got into it via this, which I still rhyde for, the solos are great:

Then I checked the back catalog.

There was a lot of cursing from me.  This was before mpfrees...  I remember actually smashing the "Uncle Meat" double CD pack to smithereens.  Smashing it to smithereens was almost too good for it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ketan said:
    the_dL said:
    J-Rocc

He does a mean juggle of the break from Funkier/Mosquitoes/Tweeter.

(Beat Junkies tapes were a regular fixture during uni.)

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    ketan said:
    the_dL said:
    J-Rocc
    No, I passed when he came to town, have heard plenty of mixes, have really tried to like his stuff but just cant get into it. Its just personal taste I suppose but give me Shortkut any day, nicer all round in terms of skills (juggle,mix,cut) and far better selection.

Everyone I know seems to love this guy, I just don't get it.

I like Nebraska and Darkness on the edge of town, but before I heard those I didn't understand why people loved him so much. He also puts on a pretty good show, so I think that helps his case.

I also think that 90% of Frank Zappa's catalog is obnoxious wankery, but one cannot fuck with Hot Rats. Chunga's Revenge has some good stuff on it too. Basically he's ok as long as there are no lyrics.

maybe the same goes for Sun Ra and Lanquidity? Although I've heard other albums of his that I've liked.

but what about:

Iron Maiden

heavy metal for 8-year-olds, puppets and magic tricks included.

I spent some formative years listening to Maiden and their ilk, whilst hanging at friends houses playing cards and purveying 80s pr0n0 mags.  "Beast" album therefore has fond memories.  I have no shame in riding for them around that time.

Dunno about the later line ups but isn't most metal sold on puppets and magic tricks?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I don't like Funkadelic / Parliament / Clinton. I can't get with even Maggot Brain.

I hated Bob Dylan for a very long time and now I love him.

Sun-Ra falls into fusiony jazz, which I don't have much appreciation for now, but I'm holding out that I may like it in the future.

I like Coldplay and Khalifa.

Pearl Jam has gone the way of Jam Bands. There are tons of hardcore fans that record all the live shows, but I think the general populace could care less. They definitely fall into the hated category for me. That's too easy though.

Hate Queen! My wife likes them and I can't stand them. Rush and Maiden don't even register for me. 

What did Marc Maron say about not judging things? Something along the lines of I love judging. Don't take away my hobbies.