Artistes everyone likes but you don't?

Comments

• I agree with the Jeezy.

?????????

• Radiohead

i'm not entirly opposed to discovering them in 10-30 years and getting all their shit I've just never been in the mindset to dive into their catalog. I can rock with Lali Puna's "Scary World Theory" though

• okay i consider myself a very openminded listener. but. . .the main artist that i dont like and EVERYONE else i've ever met likes is. . . . .jimi hendrix.
    also. .neil young(complaining granny voice)
    bob dylan(cant understand what he's sayin)
    and santana(just because)
    although i do have the utmost respect for all these guys. peace, stein. . .

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I was just talking about this tonight at work....Steely Dan

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    okay i consider myself a very openminded listener. but. . .the main artist that i dont like and EVERYONE else i've ever met likes is. . . . .jimi hendrix.
    also. .neil young(complaining granny voice)
    bob dylan(cant understand what he's sayin)
    and santana(just because)
    although i do have the utmost respect for all these guys. peace, stein. . .

These are my four favorite artists practically in order. Stein, . Santana is so underrated. The live Jungle Strut on the boxset is so ill.

• Grateful Dead

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Grateful Dead

oh. my. god.

• Monkees

You are not human. Plus, The Porpoise Song - too-late cash-in as it was - is still a good number.
    I will never like U2, but, and I know this goes against the very essence of the thread, I'll reserve final judgement on the Monkees. I actually LOVED the Monkees show as a kid. I imagine if I listened to their best material I'd probably like a fair amount of it, but all that presently comes to mind is a bunch of gimmicky bubblegum pop nonsense.

• Grateful Dead

oh. my. god.

I'm sorry it had to come to that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm not big on the monkees either, but the early Nesmith lp's are

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    U2 - Seriously, what a worthless fucking band. Mawkish bunch of talentless hacks.
    Dave Matthews Band - See above.
    Sigur Ros - Ibid
    Cold Play - Ibid...Are these all the same band?

lol

but i gotta admit my friend got me to like a couple Dave Mathews songs during college.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    radiohead in particular
    the strokes
    99% of whats on hot 97
    "reggaeton"
    coldplay
    weezer
    blink 182
    buck cherry
    godsmack
    steve albini in general
    missy elliot
    50 cent
    crunk
    young jeezy
    lil wayne
    nelly
    timbaland
    anthrax
    audioslave
    lil jon
    kill lil jon
    kill him again and again

radiohead in particular
    the strokes
    99% of whats on hot 97
    "reggaeton"
    coldplay
    weezer
    blink 182
    buck cherry
    godsmack
    steve albini in general
    missy elliot
    50 cent
    crunk
    young jeezy
    lil wayne
    nelly
    timbaland
    anthrax
    audioslave
    lil jon
    kill lil jon
    kill him again and again

add:

hyphy

delete:

radiohead

• straight up dorkus malorkuses up in this thread

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jay-Z

• Not sure how many fans he has on this board...but its not my cup of tea.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Not sure how many fans he has on this board...but its not my cup of tea.

Is he covering "addicted to love" there?

• I feel like I'm getting an ephemeral glimpse into the world of professional hatteurs...it's kind of liberating.

If you wish to explore a career as a professional hatteur, I hear Faux Rillz is looking for an intern. Please submit your resume via PM.

• Its interesting how the smiles on the grrilz faces get bigger the closer to the front of they are. You know the four in the back are hating being the tallest out of the bunch, they look like they can kick some pixie ass though.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    AC/DC = worst garbage evar!! deal with it

• reading through this post has had me shouting WHAT?! outloud a few times. i dont really get how people can hate on hendrix, dylan etc. but i can understand not feeling the hype on such artists. for example, ive hated on the beatles for as long as i can remember. i think it was because growing up you have people that grew up a generation or two before you declaring them as the greatest band of all time..and just from that statement alone i dismissed them and wanted nothing to do with them. i think it took reading some interview out of a tape op mag that talked about how they recorded a couple of their albums to get me semi interested and listen to stuff like the magical mystery tour album. although i still think theyre one of the most overrated bands of all time i wont go as far as to say that i dont like them anymore.
    once you realize that its bernard purdie on the drums and not ringo and its george martin that really made them who they are..you get past the four faces and realize its just good music (the later part of their career anyways)..anyways, what im getting at is, are you guys saying you flat out dont like the music? or are you saying you just think theyre overrated and not worth all the hype thats put on them?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    AC/DC = worst garbage evar!! deal with it

I agree these guys suck.

• Jay-Z

Him and Big-L. Never understood why people liked Big-L. I could never understand what the hell he was saying.

• And I know I'm gonna catch untold hell for daring to say this, but...Prince.

I think his stuff has aged very badly. I was at a record store recently and told some radio DJ who happened to be hanging out there that I thought his shit sounded mad corny now. The look of shock on his face was priceless. Club staples or not I can't get with him.

• I can deal with "Baltimore"

Randy Newman apologist!

I am this

"12 songs" is a ridiculously good album.

Co-Sign! I only picked it up because someone here recommended it. It's since become a regular listen and several of my friends have purchased copies as a result.

• Him and Big-L. Never understood why people liked Big-L. I could never understand what the hell he was saying.

straight up dorkus malorkuses up in this thread

says the dude who doesn't "get" the Beatles.

• yeah, i never liked the Beatles until i realized it's Bernard Purdie on drums.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Placebo --> overrated

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I think people have a lot of picky personal associations with certain artistes that has little or nothing to do with simply how their records sound. I don't listen to the radio or hang with stupid people with average mainstream taste (yeah, go ahead...snob). If I'm in bar, either I'm DJing or someone I know is.

That said, U2 is one of the best bands of my generation. They have six great albums that can be taken in threes. Steve Lillywhite productions: Boy, October and War. Daniel Lanois/Eno Productions: Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. I've had War in my car for this week and that's great fucking record. Sorry.