Artistes everyone likes but you don't?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited March 2016 in Music Talk
Alright, lemme give some background info onto what made me do this thread. After listening to J.Period's "GOOD Records" Mix-cd I went and picked-up J.Period's "The Best of The Roots" jawn. After listening to the whole thing twice I realized: "damn, I really haven't been to into these dudes since Things Falls Apart..which was like 3 albums ago". I still didn't even really like "Halflife" end to end. Basically "Do you want more" still blows my mind and "Things Fall Apart" has some of the groups best songs.You would think I'd celebrate these dudes every breathing moment, big a big dude on okayplayer.com, and listen intently everytime Quest "damn I got fat again" Love would open his mouth.

The Roots and another group that every motherfucker on the planet likes but I really can't get into: The Beatles

Don' get me wrong, I can see why people like them but they don't do anything for me. :5pager:

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• Rap.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    NWA

• Tupac

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's a lot of going on here.

BAN BAN BAN

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Tupac
    If there's anything more common than hating rap on rap message boards its bitching about Pac being overrated on rap message boards. Trust me: you are not alone.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    We've already long established that a lot of you have a very questionable handle on what "good music" sounds like, must we go over it yet again?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I'll also up the ante by adding that, if you "don't get" stuff like Dylan, the beatles, curtis, , Miles, james brown, hank williams, etc, etc. then you really need to reconsider this record collecting stuff.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    and another group that every motherfucker on the planet likes but I really can't get into:

Don' get me wrong, I can see why people like them but they don't do anything for me.

• First person to mention Sabbath in this thread must get ban.

You'll notice that Doc Beezy hasn't been seen 'round these parts for a long time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont even think i could name a sabbath song

You'll notice that Doc Beezy hasn't been seen 'round these parts for a long time.

anyone know what happened to dude? A few ominous AIM's about how gay SS is, and then *poof*

• Nuff said.....

• But sometimes shit gets burned out from too much goddamn play.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i dont even think i could name a sabbath song

Fairies Wear Boots

• You'll notice that Doc Beezy hasn't been seen 'round these parts for a long time.

anyone know what happened to dude? A few ominous AIM's about how gay SS is, and then *poof*

He publicly disavowed Sabbath. Lucifer took it from there.

He publicly disavowed Sabbath. Lucifer took it from there.

heavy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I wrote about this subject on my website last July. So I went to the page to do a quick cut-n-paste...and I see that somehow, a spammer was able to replace my entire blog entry with...well, spam. #1, fuck those motherfuckers. #2, how the hell did they manage to do that?

Anyway, off the top, I can understand why people idolize these artists, but I don't really listen to 'em:

The Beatles
    The Doors
    The Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan

And I know I'm gonna catch untold hell for daring to say this, but...Prince.

I have never understood the cult of Tupac, either.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Depeche Mode is one of the worse groups ever to fool the world into thinking their music was good

• There's a lot of going on here.

BAN BAN BAN

Phew! i agree - but there is one group that I really want to dig, but i cant? And that's the Fall???

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I have found Mode best listened to when you take it from 45 rpm and bring it down to 33 1/3.

• And I know I'm gonna catch untold hell for daring to say this, but...Prince.

I've had heated conversations with people (ON AND OFFLINE) and yeah I'm not saying Prince is wack but I never understood the fascination. I'll admit, i've been at least trying to check out his lesser known hits and album cuts; because everything else I know/hear from dude gives me visions of drunk Becky's.

Rolling Stones: "Missing You" is the shit. Mr Raws Hawg hipped me to this record a few years ago and I've been feeling it ever since.

ALSO:

rjd2/def jux/most underground hip hop= I completely loathe.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Depeche Mode is one of the worse groups ever to fool the world into thinking their music was good

i just bought a depeche mode live dvd today

• Joni Mitchell

• He don't have to explain shit - you're the one that dissed the Beatles and Prince...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    it has begun

• Plaese to check Prince's "black album" & "crystal ball" album for the truth.

The Doors

bullshit hippie posers.

I got in trouble over this at Waxidermy already.