Have you ever found yourself friendless?

ANonANon 2 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
If so, how'd you change your situation?Real talk.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Welcome

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I dunno, bro. I wouldn't worry though because things change and times change, and at times you find yourself completely alone but guess what - that doesn't last that long.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there's always internet e-friends

• you are

• start selling cocaine. Then you will have lots of friends that love you and call you all the time.

nah but for real, sorry to hear that man. Ive never been friendless, but have gone thru phases where im not too social. I would rather sit home and listen to records or make beats some nights, then go out.

• we are born alone in less you have a twin and we will die alone,
    there's nothing wrong with being alone ,it give 's me more time to listen to my records, with records who's alone.

just talk to people ,

"jesus he's my friend" he's the only friend you need

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    LONER FOLK

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Clap your hands everybody
    If you got what it takes
    'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow and I want you to know
    That these are the-breaks.com

Breakes on a bus brakes on a car
    Breaks to make you a superstar
    Breaks to win and breaks to lose
    But these here breaks will rock your shoes
    And these are the-breaks.com
    Break it up break it up break it up!

If your woman steps out with another man
    (That's the-breaks.com that's the-breaks.com)
    And she runs off with him to Japan
    And the IRS says they want to chat
    And you can't explain why you claimed your cat
    And Ma Bell sends you a whopping bill
    With eighteen phone calls to Brzil
    And you borrowed money from the mob
    And yesterday you lost your job
    Well, these are the-breaks.com
    Break it up, break it up, break it up

Throw your hands up in the sky
    And wave 'em 'round from side to side
    And if youdeserve a break tonight
    Somebody say alright!
    (All right) Say ho-oo!
    (Ho-oo!) And you don't stop
    Keep on, somebody scream!
    (Owwwww!) Break down!

Breaks on a stage, breaks on a screen
    Breaks to make your wallet lean
    Breaks run cold and breaks run hot
    Some folks got 'em and some have not
    But these are the-breaks.com
    Break it up, break it up, break it up!
    Break down!

To the girl in brown, stop messing around
    (Break it up, break it up)
    To the guy in blue, whatcha gonna do?
    To the girl in green, don't be so mean
    And the guy in red, say what I said
    Break down!

Brakes on a plane, brakes on a train
    Breaks to make you go insane
    Breaks in love, breaks in war
    But we got the-breaks.com to get you on the floor
    And these are the-breaks.com
    Break down! Yo!

Just do it, just do it, just do it, do it, do it!

You say last week you met the perfect guy
    (That's the-breaks.com, that's the-breaks.com)
    And he promised you the stars in the sky
    He said his Cadilac was gold
    But he didn't say it was ten years old
    He tok you out to the Red Coach grill
    But he forgot the cash and you paid the bill
    And he told you the story of his life
    But he forgot the part about...his wife! Huh! Huh!
    Well, these are the-breaks.com!
    Break down!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Frankly, no. I've never been friendless. I have been without an active social life before, but a real friend is friend for life. Maybe you need to redefine your concept of what a friend is. I have good friends I haven't seen in over a year, but they're just a phone call away and I can bring over a six-pack or a bottle of wine and we're just like old times. Or maybe you've alienated yourself by fucking people over, which doesn't even always mean losing friends. They temporarily remove themselves from your life, but if you treat them like human beings, they'll most likely come back. After all, they saw something in you that they liked, and chances are that's the part of you that won't ever change.

Good luck.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you came out of lurking just to make this post? congratulations.

it's a constant state of flux if you're a hobbit like us.

welcome to the club.

• Frankly, no. I've never been friendless. I have been without an active social life before, but a real friend is friend for life. Maybe you need to redefine your concept of what a friend is. I have good friends I haven't seen in over a year, but they're just a phone call away and I can bring over a six-pack or a bottle of wine and we're just like old times. Or maybe you've alienated yourself by fucking people over, which doesn't even always mean losing friends. They temporarily remove themselves from your life, but if you treat them like human beings, they'll most likely come back. After all, they saw something in you that they liked, and chances are that's the part of you that won't ever change.

Good luck.

i'm 'in every word of this

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    we are born alone in less you have a twin and we will die alone,
    there's nothing wrong with being alone ,it give 's me more time to listen to my records, with records who's alone.

just talk to people ,

"jesus he's my friend" he's the only friend you need

Uhhhhhhhhh....................... wow

• not as long as i have all of you.

• With Tony I'm never alone.

• Slight thread jack... I watched Pt. II of the PBS Andy Warhol documentary last night and Warhol had this great quote about death, how it's the most "embarrassing" thing where everyone has to worry about picking out your clothes, making the funeral arrangements, etc. I guess that really doesn't apply here. But Andy Warhol had a lot of friends but a lot more hangers-on.

I have a pretty strict classification for friends, everyone else just falls into the acquaintances category. A friend will:

1.) Drive me to the airport
    2.) Help me move
    3.) Bail me out of jail
    4.) Drive out into the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night when my car breaks down.

When I apply that, I have maybe five friends. And a lot of those guys are more and more busy as well as get older.

My advice: If it's not working out with your friends, call up your family members (brothers, cousins, whatever) or go out for drinks with some co-workers.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Make 2 sandwiches, light a candle and put on James Taylor, b??tch.

• The strangest part of growing up is that it takes a lot more effort to maintain friendships than it did when I was younger.

Advice? BBQ's are a good way to meet people (friends of friends at least), join clubs, gym, go back to school, get an after work job that's more sociable, etc. Booze are a good way to loosen your tongue if you're shy.

When you're an adult people tend to get caught in the habit of getting up, going to work and coming home. You gotta either quit your job then or learn to break free from that cycle.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    no freal... the strut has grown up over the years. tellin you. more real life answers to a fake(?) post ive ever seen. no jokes really. no one clowning dude for not having any friends... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHIT YOU CAN SAY TO SOMEONE LIKE THIS?!?!

saying... i just feel all grown up here.

i heart soulstrut... thanks for growing older with me!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I need more lawn mowing, football watching, Golf on Sunday type friends.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    no freal... the strut has grown up over the years. tellin you. more real life answers to a fake(?) post ive ever seen. no jokes really. no one clowning dude for not having any friends... DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SHIT YOU CAN SAY TO SOMEONE LIKE THIS?!?!

saying... i just feel all grown up here.

i heart soulstrut... thanks for growing older with me!

you sound friendless

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Reged: 01/18/06

I imagine a lonely, skinny lurker making this post and then blowing his head off with a Magnum .44

• I have a pretty strict classification for friends, everyone else just falls into the acquaintances category. A friend will:

2.) Help me move
    3.) Bail me out of jail
    4.) Drive out into the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night when my car breaks down.

When I apply that, I have maybe five friends. And a lot of those guys are more and more busy as well as get older.

This is the truth, I have maybe three or four friends like this. I have never been one to have a lot of aquantince type freinds. When there are not a lot of people to hang with its good to appreciate being alone. I traveled around eroupe by myself a bit, and it was one of the best travel experinces I ever had. I did what I wanted to and once I got over feeling like a loser for being by myself and realized it was all good I started talking to locals and really enjoying myself. Make the most of the alone time, its really not that bad.

• I need more lawn mowing, football watching, Golf on Sunday type friends.

I have had absolutely no luck getting any of my friends out to the golf course all summer and it's depressing because my game improved so much from some extra time at the range (slice... be gone!!!).

A lot of my friends are the type that will say Friday night, "Dude, that's awesome. I'll totally go." I call them up Saturday morning at the very not-early hour of, say, 11 a.m. and get no answer. Then I get a call around 5 p.m. with them saying, "Let's do something outside. I don't want this nice day to go to waste." Shit is annoying. I was thinking of joining a tennis club or something.

• i used to have friends, then they all left town and i got married. someday i'll make some more friends again i just suck at trying to stay in touch with friends that arn't in the same place as me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im pretty sure i posted a reply in this thread this morning, but it disappeared.

????

• You are not alone

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    With Tony I'm never alone.

Post of the day!

• I go out of my way to be friendless.

• genius and isolation
    or
    mediocrity and friends

not exactly airtight, but the principle is. Kind of the same as "books or children?" Most of us choose the latter. But you never want too many friends. In the end, friends move away, hang out at chic bars doing coke, sell out and become bankers, screw you over a girl, put you down to raise themselves up and they take up all your time. You dont want to find yourself as ms Dalloway, either.

Ive been friendless several times in my life. Its no big deal and gives you the oppurtunity to become friends with yourself, not in a literal way you perverts. It also gives you the oppurtunity to make friends with the universe, if there is one different from one's own mind. Embrace silence.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I have a pretty strict classification for friends, everyone else just falls into the acquaintances category. A friend will:

2.) Help me move
    3.) Bail me out of jail

When I apply that, I have maybe five friends.

So you base who you call your true "friends" by what they will do for you?