Have you ever found yourself friendless?

2»

Comments

• how many of us have them? ones we can depend on...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I have a pretty strict classification for friends, everyone else just falls into the acquaintances category. A friend will:

1.) Drive me to the airport
    2.) Help me move
    3.) Bail me out of jail
    4.) Drive out into the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night when my car breaks down.

When I apply that, I have maybe five friends.

So you base who you call your true "friends" by what they will do for you?

I think its pretty obvious that he is implying that he would do the same for them. I have friends that I can ask the same shit of too, no questions. fools that would just do it because they care. *sniff* sensitive moment *sniff*.

Shit, come to think of it, Jinxy drove me to the airport, and we aren't even best friends, he's just a cool motherfucker. go justin! wee!

• "there are worse things than
    being alone
    but it often takes decades
    to realize this
    and most often
    when you do
    it's too late
    and there's nothing worse
    than
    too late."

-c. bukowski

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I have friendly acquaintances, but no "hey, you wanna come over?" type of buddies. I'm somewhat of a loner with an odd personality and I don't feel I relate to a whole lot of people. But sometimes I like my 'me' time to just kick back and watch some movies, listen to records or read

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i realized about a year ago that while i have a pretty big group of friends and a lot of close friends, virtually none of them have the same interests as me

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    In most instances this is true:

mediocrity and friends

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have friendly acquaintances, but no "hey, you wanna come over?" type of buddies. I'm somewhat of a loner with an odd personality and I don't feel I relate to a whole lot of people. But sometimes I like my 'me' time to just kick back and watch some movies, listen to records or read

A loner with an odd personality = the greatest halloween party animal ever...

I'm assuming you'll be here again this year for the halloween party?

We actually put your mask out last year in honor of you... I'm not kidding... hey isn't it your b-day on halloween?

• I have a pretty strict classification for friends, everyone else just falls into the acquaintances category. A friend will:

1.) Drive me to the airport
    2.) Help me move
    3.) Bail me out of jail
    4.) Drive out into the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night when my car breaks down.

When I apply that, I have maybe five friends.

So you base who you call your true "friends" by what they will do for you?

I think its pretty obvious that he is implying that he would do the same for them. I have friends that I can ask the same shit of too, no questions. fools that would just do it because they care. *sniff* sensitive moment *sniff*.

Shit, come to think of it, Jinxy drove me to the airport, and we aren't even best friends, he's just a cool motherfucker. go justin! wee!

Yeah, I thought that was fairly obvious. A true friend will be there when you need them, not just when it's good times.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

A loner with an odd personality = the greatest halloween party animal ever...

I'm assuming you'll be here again this year for the halloween party?

We actually put your mask out last year in honor of you... I'm not kidding... hey isn't it your b-day on halloween?

haha Yeah, chances are I'll show up this time. I'm going to be doing some travelling in the coming months anyway, so I could take a trip down to SD. It's on October 30th, by the way. I'll see ya at the PCC or something the next time you're up here.

• If so, how'd you change your situation?

Real talk.

You know... I doubt that you are friendless in the literal sense but I can relate to that feeling. Take advantage of this time to find out about yourself. Once you are truly comfortable in loner mode, your situation will change and you'll more than likely meet folks of a higher calibre. More in tune w/ what you're about. More likely to enhance your social life, personality and overall character.

Seriously, we would've mercilessly clowned your ass a few years back... Lucky for you, we're all growns up now...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    If so, how'd you change your situation?

Real talk.

well, how about a "thank you" to a bunch of people offering advice on SS?

I apologize if you already blew your head off with a Magnum.

• Seriously, we would've mercilessly clowned your ass a few years back... Lucky for you, we're all growns up now...

Really. This growed up vibe is cool. I've been on here for 5 years and things have changed so dramatically. I wonder about 10 years from now. Will the vibe be that of a bunch of grumpy old farts? What about the newly registered users? I often question whether a lot of these new personalities even own a turntable.

• Seriously, we would've mercilessly clowned your ass a few years back... Lucky for you, we're all growns up now...

Really. This growed up vibe is cool. I've been on here for 5 years and things have changed so dramatically. I wonder about 10 years from now. Will the vibe be that of a bunch of grumpy old farts? What about the newly registered users? I often question whether a lot of these new personalities even own a turntable.

Yeah, seriously D.

Real words spoken here. When did we jump the proverbial shark?

I say we turn this into a Le Toupt jpeg fiasco....

starting NOW[/b]

Yeah, seriously D.

Real words spoken here. When did we jump the proverbial shark?

I say we turn this into a Le Toupt jpeg fiasco....

starting NOW[/b]

I don't know if we jumped the shark, but I think the demographic widened greatly, and the small round table became an arena. What once was a place for fellow beat diggers + soul enthusiasts is now a place I can tell all my non-record fiend friends and acquaintences to check out and shoot the breeze.

We need more croissant an bicycle stories!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I wonder about 10 years from now. Will the vibe be that of a bunch of grumpy old farts Rockedelics?

• Its all about balance. I love my friends and my girl, who I live with now, but maaan oh maaan I love some alone time sometimes. She's away for work this week, and I am fucking LOVING it. I copped the first season of the Wire after having watched a few episodes of season 4 and realizing how brilliant it is and how I had to get up on everything I had missed after reading that thread. I also have all these ongoing music projects I'm working on and just having all this free time and space to work on stuff and just air it out feels so good. I mean, I love living with my girl, 'cause if I was left to my own devices, as I'm sure a lot of dudes in general would, I would pretty much be a total procrastinating slob, so the balance is good. But maaan, having a little break to just do me is fucking fantastic.

• oh and this

came in the mail this week(I see you Jazzsucka!), which pretty much couldn't be a better way to sum up the alone time and loving it vibe.

• ANonANon 2 Posts
    Thanks for the honesty guys!

KNOWLEDGE has been DROPPED.