Keith Olbermann on Bush

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    sackdabber turned the thread into a personal attack on the unfadeable motown 67
    and never once addressed ANY OF MY POINTS

That's actually in the Republican playbook. Turn all political issues into personal attacks to discredit them.

Hey, was that an opinion or a fact? Do I need to footnote that???

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Sorry Day, but I think this whole Motown plagiarism scandal is a much bigger story than the same old "name one good thing" argument we have every other day.

LOL

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Seriously....who here has endured more personal attacks than Sabadaba.

Just sayin'

Just sayin'

I think he brings it on himself. Most of his posts are short snipes. He's a rabble rouser for the most part who has suddenly wanted to be taken seriously, but only occasionaly, in the last couple months. What exactly does he expect, especially on Soulstrut that is definitely left of center with a few exceptions. Really, he wants to start shit and get a rise out of people it seems to me, and he's done that in spades.

• Seriously....who here has endured more personal attacks than Sabadaba.

Just sayin'

So true, and pretty much just because he has a different opinion.

Oh he's a smart ass, you say? Who the hell isn't in here?

Just sayin'

If I went into almost every music post and told people "Funk sucks" "You are all a bunch of white boys" "Quit collecting records and get a life." What exactly would you expect to be the response? I think it's more than just having a different opinion and being a smart ass about it. Yes, there are a lot of people who instantly get personal on topics, and there are plenty of people who quickly jump on the "ban"wagon, but Sabada plays his own part in the circus.

• Seriously....who here has endured more personal attacks than Sabadaba.

Just sayin'

If I went into almost every music post and told people "Funk sucks" "You are all a bunch of white boys" "Quit collecting records and get a life." What exactly would you expect to be the response? I think it's more than just having a different opinion and being a smart ass about it. Yes, there are a lot of people who instantly get personal on topics, and there are plenty of people who quickly jump on the "ban"wagon, but Sabada plays his own part in the circus.

Not sure I get your first analogies, but your comparing this place to a circus is quite accurate.

Just sayin'

So this means...

SS = Funk / So don't go trashing that musical style

SS= Left Wing Anti-Bush / So don't go trashing that mindset

Just sayin'

So this means...

SS = Funk / So don't go trashing that musical style

SS= Left Wing Anti-Bush / So don't go trashing that mindset

If most people are left-wing here, going into almost every political post to stir them up with short snipes is not going to make many friends, nor get many serious responses. If he wanted to present a Republican or Conservative viewpoint he could do a much better job than the one liners which are his style. It still wouldn't get him many friends, but it would probalby get more people's respect. Like I said, most of his posts are shit talking so he gets shit talking as a response.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Just sayin'

LOL

Oh please! None have begged for it more. Seriously.

How quickly we forget

If most people are left-wing here, going into almost every political post to stir them up with short snipes is not going to make many friends, nor get many serious responses. If he wanted to present a Republican or Conservative viewpoint he could do a much better job than the one liners which are his style. It still wouldn't get him many friends, but it would probalby get more people's respect. Like I said, most of his posts are shit talking so he gets shit talking as a response.

Let's face the facts......Sabadabba is trashed for his message not his method.

You are the exception here as one who spends time and makes the effort to post extensive and comprehensive long winded posts.

For every snarky Sabadabba one liner there are 10-20 opposing posts of the same ilk.

Look it up.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    See, the problem with shabadoo is he is the muhfucka (like most politicians ever invented) who when asked about x, y, or z, says "Let's talk about Q and it's bearings on the world."

I didn't ask about Q muhfucka!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    See, the problem with shabadoo is he is the muhfucka (like most politicians ever invented) who when asked about x, y, or z, says "Let's talk about Q and it's bearings on the world."

Answering a question is an act of submission.

Fuck A Bush

Does that answer X, Y, Z or Q???

You are the exception here as one who spends time and makes the effort to post extensive and comprehensive long winded posts.

For every snarky Sabadabba one liner there are 10-20 opposing posts of the same ilk.

Look it up.

So what does a snarky limpdick expect when that's his sole way of existing in a forum?

Love and respect for his brilliant mind?

Once again, please spare me.

• i'm guessing sabadaba (dubba-dubba-dubba-cha) is full of vitriol coz he ain't gettin' laid. dude, see willie nelson? he's very old, mellow and happy. pull that stick outa your ass, smoke some of willie's herbal remedy and report back in two weeks. once you've recovered your composure, you may possibly get some puddin'.

Look it up.

So what does a snarky limpdick expect when that's his sole way of existing in a forum?

Love and respect for his brilliant mind?

Once again, please spare me.

Maybe the same respect you give to those who are just like him, those who make the same exact obnoxious, smarmy, sheep-like posts as Saba, but happen to agree with your viewpoints???

And from what I can see, Saba makes as many musical contributions as the average poster here....hardly solely existing with one liners that insult the SS sensabilities.

Just the fact that he is referred to as "limpdick" tells it all.

Must be that damn personal attack playbook thang.

Look it up.

If I looked it up would I have to footnote my sources though???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can someone explain to me why anyone ever bothers responding to Saba to begin with?

Seriously - it's not like we haven't been through this lil dance before. Dude has his political views - they happen to be in contradiction with the majority sentiment on the board - but whatever - no harm in that.

Yet this is the cycle:

1) Left-ish post criticizing Iraq or Bush or whatever.
    2) Saba snarkily responds.
    3) Indignation erupts, only fueling more the point/counterpoint/snark/attack cycle.

At least when Faux and Deej go at it (no pasue), it's entertaining but isn't it already clear that 98% of the board basically is on some "fuck Bush" tip with literally a handful of holdouts?

Is it REALLY that important to convince Saba that Bush is the worst president ever?

Personally, I can't stand dude's attitude (to say nothing of his politics) but after a while, you just agree to disagree, put your "you are ignoring this user" into full effect, and step on if he's getting on your last nerves so much.

There's better stuff to educate the Strut masses on - politically, musically, youtubically, whatever.

Can someone explain to me why anyone ever bothers responding to Saba to begin with?

Seriously - it's not like we haven't been through this lil dance before. Dude has his political views - they happen to be in contradiction with the majority sentiment on the board - but whatever - no harm in that.

Yet this is the cycle:

1) Left-ish post criticizing Iraq or Bush or whatever.
    2) Saba snarkily responds.
    3) Indignation erupts, only fueling more the point/counterpoint/snark/attack cycle.

At least when Faux and Deej go at it (no pasue), it's entertaining but isn't it already clear that 98% of the board basically is on some "fuck Bush" tip with literally a handful of holdouts?

Is it REALLY that important to convince Saba that Bush is the worst president ever?

Personally, I can't stand dude's attitude (to say nothing of his politics) but after a while, you just agree to disagree, put your "you are ignoring this user" into full effect, and step on if he's getting on your last nerves so much.

There's better stuff to educate the Strut masses on - politically, musically, youtubically, whatever.

I totally agree....

What the hell are you asking, no BEGGING for, when you start threads that trash the current administration/America/Republicans

Your'e either
    1) Baiting the very folks who you apparently don't want to hear from.

or

2) Indulging in some sort of pseudo-intellectual gang bang of the ridiculously obvious.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    pseudo-intellectual gang bang of the ridiculously obvious.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    and when I type something its me talking,

How dare Motown use actual facts and analysis to back up his arguments. That should be outlawed! He should just say what ever he feels, even if it is false, like you.

Let me just say one more time; Motown thank you for doing so much research and sharing it with us.

Can I get an "amen"?

Dan

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Who has endured more personal attacks than Saba? Archaic, Guzzo, Faux... and many others I'm sure.

Vitamin (1) has shown that if you come with a principled position and are willing to back it up with facts and knowledge you will get respect. Personal attacks and respect.

(1) Bush Wants To Attack Iraq Soul Strut Internet Crate Digging Forum Februray 18th 2002

Personally, I can't stand dude's attitude (I could care less about his politics[/b])

Rock and Odub....sorry if I mistook this thread to be the professional wrestling match it obviously became, but I just think that Sab's schtick is just too good to pass up!

• and when I type something its me talking,

How dare Motown use actual facts and analysis to back up his arguments. That should be outlawed! He should just say what ever he feels, even if it is false, like you.

Let me just say one more time; Motown thank you for doing so much research and sharing it with us.

Can I get an "amen"?

Dan

amen.

• Aside from the obvious ethical questionability of lifting an entire footnot from a Harpers Article and dropping it into a response you're making to a post uncreddited, the problem with facts is that if you dont reference where you got them from they are nothing but unsubstantiated assertions.

Lets say, just for fun, that I was going to try and refute one of Motowns 500 + word, jam-packed with facts posts. I would have to isolate all these facts, chase down the articles that he stole them from and THEN I could start to refute them. And, when I was all done, Motown could just cuntpaste an Utne Reader Article in response.

Its pretty sad commentary that nobody here cares where the information is coming from as long as its what you want to hear.

Furthermore, this whole claim that he's just using the same quotes, and "this is just a message board" is unsatisfactory. He is a teacher, and unless he teaches kindergarden, he should know better. I would expect him to fail a student that turned in the same thing, or maybe if the paper was on Bush war-crimes, then that would be okay? Would it Motown? Could you overlook just a little plagiarism?

I cite my references when I cuntpaste a news article. DrWu manages to do it and Fatback and everyone else here who expects to be taken seriously.

• Aside from the obvious ethical questionability of lifting an entire footnot from a Harpers Article and dropping it into a response you're making to a post uncreddited, the problem with facts is that if you dont reference where you got them from they are nothing but unsubstantiated assertions.

Lets say, just for fun, that I was going to try and refute one of Motowns 500 + word, jam-packed with facts posts. I would have to isolate all these facts, chase down the articles that he stole them from and THEN I could start to refute them. And, when I was all done, Motown could just cuntpaste an Utne Reader Article in response.

Its pretty sad commentary that nobody here cares where the information is coming from as long as its what you want to hear.

Furthermore, this whole claim that he's just using the same quotes, and "this is just a message board" is unsatisfactory. He is a teacher, and unless he teaches kindergarden, he should know better. I would expect him to fail a student that turned in the same thing, or maybe if the paper was on Bush war-crimes, then that would be okay? Would it Motown? Could you overlook just a little plagiarism?

I cite my references when I cuntpaste a news article. DrWu manages to do it and Fatback and everyone else here who expects to be taken seriously.

cuntpaste[/b]

The Swiftboating of Motown67....

you're the only one who cares dude.
    cited from Johnny_Paycheck, SoulStrut
    09/21/06 07:24 PM

• I cite my references when I cuntpaste a news article. DrWu manages to do it and Fatback and everyone else here who expects to be taken seriously.

you're the only one who cares dude.
    cited from Johnny_Paycheck, SoulStrut
    09/21/06 07:24 PM

Like I said, its sad that nobody cares where the information is coming from.

Aside from the obvious ethical questionability of lifting an entire footnot from a Harpers Article and dropping it into a response you're making to a post uncreddited, the problem with facts is that if you dont reference where you got them from they are nothing but unsubstantiated assertions.

You're a joke really. What, did you think I was a reporter? I fly to Washington D.C. each night and have government sources tell me when Bush had a national security meeting? It's a fucking message board you idiot. If you can't tell when someone looks something up and uses it in a post that's on YOU. Get the fuck over it!

It's a silly way to dodge the argument though. I don't know that I've ever seen footnotes on a messageboard.[/b]