*******K/ KEV LAVERTY/SOUFRIERE VINDICATED*******

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I hate to say this because he did use my web site to con folks out of money, but I think we are beating a dead horse. I've seen those Intervention shows on A&E and all I can hope for is that he gets help from his friends & family. Is he done for in the record biz? I think so.. I wouldn't feel confortable giveing him a second chance on here because he is not my firend... I think he needs to get clean and start a new life. Those of you who lost money should chock it up to experience (unless you dropped $600 or more!!???)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    was he also 12highpockets as well?

I won some 45s from him awhile back before this latest blowup and it took months for him to send items...his excuse was a motor accident caused mutiple broken bones....

...Why are there so many depressed people hawking records...???

why are these threads the point of entry for newbies?

try this...

1) start a thread and write "Introductions" (or whatever) in the title.

2) tell us about yourself. you can do this and still remain anonymous.

3) hang out

I'd guess that some folks came here from other boards JUST because of the K fiasco.

I've found there are two ways to deal with people...

1) Trust them completely until they do something to lose your trust.

2) Don't trust them at all until they earn your trust.

The first one has lots of "friends" but is often disappointed.

The second one has few friends but is seldom taken advantage of.

• ademurademur 33 Posts
    no heads up was given to me before my trade with k,
    which took 9 months but was resolved

I don't really post/check out SS anymore, It became too much of a boys own for me, but when that K used to post up his supersize jpegs many on here where on his nuts like he was the coolest dude on earth, K this, K that. I don't know what its like here now but at one point this board was so far up its own arse it was unbelievable!

Now people are moaning about deals with him that go waaaaaaaaaay back! Some should of forgot the cool factor and called the dude out if he needed it!

that said I hope all people get there money/records, and K gets his life sorted, but please don't tell me with one jpeg of some island overpriced funk record he will be back in the cool gang.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I hate to say this because he did use my web site to con folks out of money, but I think we are beating a dead horse. I've seen those Intervention shows on A&E and all I can hope for is that he gets help from his friends & family. Is he done for in the record biz? I think so.. I wouldn't feel confortable giveing him a second chance on here because he is not my firend... I think he needs to get clean and start a new life. Those of you who lost money should chock it up to experience (unless you dropped $600 or more!!???)

Straight from the top!

The end.

Can we move on?

In fact, I'd be in favor of all these K related threads being deleted.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I've found there are two ways to deal with people...

1) Trust them completely until they do something to lose your trust.

2) Don't trust them at all until they earn your trust.

The first one has lots of "friends" but is often disappointed.

The second one has few friends but is seldom taken advantage of.

Tis is what I like about Rock. He is like SS Yoda. Always dropping knowledge with short stories/paraboles.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    No, forget Yoda. He is Pat Morita in Karate Kid.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I don't really post/check out SS anymore, blah blah :unsubtle use of topic to bemoan lack of love and feelings of inadequacy on board: blah blah

Please to go back to not posting.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I don't really post/check out SS anymore, blah blah :unsubtle use of topic to bemoan lack of love and feelings of inadequacy on board: blah blah

• ademurademur 33 Posts

Don't panic Junior, I don't intend to post anymore.

'I'll be making moves in the real world!'

that soulstrut enough for you?

• no heads up was given to me before my trade with k,

"I am never posting here again"..."except this one"..."and maybe one more"...

• ademurademur 33 Posts

"I am never posting here again"..."except this one"..."and maybe one more"...

ok then just this once.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I think we are beating a dead horse.

agreed.

i've stayed silent on these threads for a reason.
    K has pissed me off more than once. we've never had a good deal or a successful one. i could add numerous stories here but i won't. enough has been said.

like raj said it's apparent that his reputation is ruined- not just in the soulstrut world but also fryers/soulsource/ebay, etc. it's too bad. but at this point will tallying stories make much of a difference?

i can appreciate that if i put hundreds of dollars into a deal and received nothing, i'd be fucking pissed. thousands, i'd be in toronto right now w/ my personal collection agency.

But it'd really be a shame for this thread to go on forever.

i do have some sympathy for the guy. i hope he gets some help w/ whatever it is that he's dealing with- be it addiction, depression, or otherwise. none of us really know so it'd be better not to circulate rumours.

as far as the flip of that- there is really no excuse for taking advantage of people regardless of what shit is going on in your life. i've worked with people in postions like kevin for a long time- who made a series of bad decisions and broke the trust of the people in their network/community and were suffering as a result (usually by loss of their liberty). This says nothing about "vindicating" kevin or that we should give him a second chance, only that we all make mistakes, can get lost, caught up on the wrong path.

this is all that i'll add.

i hope the dude gets his shit straight in his personal life... and hopefully can wipe off the arrogance which thinly veiled the insecurities and issues beneath it. 'Cause the passion for the music was genuine and perhaps unequaled. only the presentation was a hollow mask.

peace.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I think we can close this thread with Aleit's post.

DONE.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I would like to make a suggestion for Kev's next nom d'internet: The 9th Step[/b]

Look it up.

• just an update of sorts.

Still no contact or refund or records but I phoned Recollectables in Canada last night (his last known workplace) and apparently he no longer works there. Also he may have moved house at the start of the year but apparantly is still selling records!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this is the worst vindication I've seen in weeks

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The trail don turned cold!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Post deleted by Mondeyano

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• this is the worst vindication I've seen in weeks

^
    ^
    ^
    ^

This is funny.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Where's that Reynaldo created rasta photoshop dildo materpiece?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

He violated more than our trust.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    he violated our THRUST...pause.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    People need to chill out. It's only been 5 months since the first post in this thread. I'm sure K will come through.
    I also believe Ashley Judd is going through some low profile career move. She will come back BIG TIME, and when she's back at the top, I will run into her on my morning train and we will make love in a violent way.

People need to chill out. It's only been 5 months since the first post in this thread. I'm sure K will come through.
    I also believe Ashley Judd is going through some low profile career move. She will come back BIG TIME, and when she's back at the top, I will run into her on my morning train and we will make love in a violent way.

YES. You and I always saw eye-to-eye on Ashley, Jorge. Fuck a Charlize Theron. I appreciate the support. I really do.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

YES. You and I always saw eye-to-eye on Ashley, Jorge. Fuck a Charlize Theron. I appreciate the support. I really do.

indeed.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    who cares about K? This is now the ASHLEY JUDD VINDICATION THREAD!

X INFINITY

who cares about K? This is now the ASHLEY JUDD VINDICATION THREAD!

say word. I don't care how much of my record money this chick blows up her nose; I would blap/celebrate her diverse and provocative catalogue for days.

ASHLEY: STARLETT FOR THE GROWN MEN RIGHT CHEAH

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    gotta bump a strut classic, so whatever happened to "K"anada ???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    gotta bump a strut classic, so whatever happened to "K"anada ???

I know the folks in T-Dot gotta give the Strut an update.
    Have you seen the false rasta spare changing at your favorite poutine spot?