Comments

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    "swinging from dude's nuts"

no aplogies needed

everything is allowed

nothing is illegal

nothing is true

no one is innocent

• get at me when you can explain to me what the fuck aplogies[/b] are ya fucking wanker... fall back.

aplogies[/b]

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    "swinging from dude's nuts"

no aplogies needed

everything is allowed

nothing is illegal

nothing is true

no one is innocent
    K must pay for our sins.

• Kev came through.

No joke.

Trade in lieu of cash and we're square.

Hang in is only advice I can give.

I do believe dude is on the rebound.

• I don't really need to type another essay about Kev, but seriously, I think all you fools are overreacting.
    Someone you all (sorta?) know and have dealt with successfully for years (who has also schooled a lot of motherfuckers on the very records they are buying) has been dealt some heavy real-world shit. He is slowly getting his life back together, sending out all the shit that was promised, and is recovering from something that 99.9% of you know nothing about. Anyone who has seen real tradgedy or addiction in thier lives prior would be a little more patient here, myself included.

K is not a bad guy, he has emailed all the individuals involved here, and is taking care of it. If he doesn't actually have records in hand, he is in the deep enough to get them, which we all know takes time.

On the other hand, if it was me and I was some spoiled brat from butt fuck nowhere buying shit on my moms credit card, I might be heated enough to want to swing on dood.

• ps: I am not swing from anyones nuts here. If ANY of my freinds were going through this kind of shit I would stand by them, and I would hope that if I was ever in the same again (which I have been, and thankfully pulled through because of support from freinds and family) that people would be understanding enough that I would be able to get back on my feet... which is obviously what dood is trying to do.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I don't really need to type another essay about Kev, but seriously, I think all you fools are overreacting.
    Someone you all (sorta?) know and have dealt with successfully for years (who has also schooled a lot of motherfuckers on the very records they are buying) has been dealt some heavy real-world shit. He is slowly getting his life back together, sending out all the shit that was promised, and is recovering from something that 99.9% of you know nothing about. Anyone who has seen real tradgedy or addiction in thier lives prior would be a little more patient here, myself included.

K is not a bad guy, he has emailed all the individuals involved here, and is taking care of it. If he doesn't actually have records in hand, he is in the deep enough to get them, which we all know takes time.

I was with you until this part:

On the other hand, if it was me and I was some spoiled brat from butt fuck nowhere buying shit on my moms credit card, I might be heated enough to want to swing on dood.

One's income source doesn't matter. When you talk about taking people's money, naturally, you also talk about retribution.

ps: I am not swing from anyones nuts here. If ANY of my freinds were going through this kind of shit I would stand by them, and I would hope that if I was ever in the same again (which I have been, and thankfully pulled through because of support from freinds and family) that people would be understanding enough that I would be able to get back on my feet... which is obviously what dood is trying to do.

too bad "standing by them," usually means enabling

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    All false Rasta aside, I don't think any(many)one was accusing K of being "a bad person". but seriously, I don't see how ones personallity should even be considered here. Some of these people have been waiting like 4-5 months for records they paid him for. How is this acceptable business period? I do record "business" with lots of guys on here who I like very much and believe are "good people" - some I've met in person, some I have not - however, that isn't going to hold any weight with me if I'm waiting 3 months for them to mail my shit. I mean, this is just kinda ridiculous.

• Addiction has been a big part of my local experience and it has effected me and people close by. I'm sorry but if dude was strung out and fucked up, why should anyone cut him a break? Oh, you're on crack? My bad, keep the hundred bucks and call me in a year if you can get me back.

Not passing judgent cause I don't know anyone involved but from where I'm standing,

jus sayin

• I think everyone on here is hoping he gets straightened out on a personal level; that is the Community aspect of this board.

BUT, there is a business aspect as well, and if K was using that to rip people off, people have every right to be pissed until they receive either goods/refunds for their trouble. Doesn't matter if he's hooked on drugs or beanie babies. When you move into the business side of things, you open up a whole different can of worms.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I think silvertone is trying to say.

People make mistakes. Some bigger than others. But a person should be judged by how they learn from said mistake and do everything they can to fix it. If he does take care of eveybody invovled, he's a bigger man than most of you give credit for. Cause, I know very few people to own up to their mistakes.

I hoping he does, and you all get back whats urs.

• Obviously K has taken advantage of some peoples trust by using his past bizness relationships to float his wild for more than minute. It was decietful and shitty. People do those kind of things when they are fucked up. It is not an excuse, it is a reality.

That being said, some people on here take records and buisness shit too seriously, and because of that are incapable of having compassion for someone when they fuck up.

I would hope that my freinds and colleagues would be understanding enough if a death of a spouse fucked me up enough to slip into some bad shit : or that they would at least try to be understanding.

I think it is weak that Kev hasn't come on here and personally made a promise to sort shit and make it right, that being said, if he is really going through the heavies, it is probably not the first thing on his mind.

I am done defending K... not because I am not his freind, but for me it is pointless. 9/10s of the people on here talking shit have never even dealt with him. If he really wants to straighten this shit out, He should send out the list of make-it-up-to-you records in hand (shit from his personal collection) and make it right ASAP.

ps: I was half in the joke about moms credit card, mainly because it seems like those types of kids are the ones that objectify this shit the most, and that real record nerds are out there trying to find Don Carrington (yeah, it does happen) in bins and not from a dealer for $400 (and that is no stab at anyone).

On a personal level all this shit makes me really disappointed in both Kev and SS.

• pss: I am not discounting how pissed I would be in this situation or my own tendancy to swing on a dood.

• I think silvertone is trying to say.

People make mistakes. Some bigger than others. But a person should be judged by how they learn from said mistake and do everything they can to fix it. If he does take care of eveybody invovled, he's a bigger man than most of you give credit for. Cause, I know very few people to own up to their mistakes.

I hoping he does, and you all get back whats urs.

I'd hoped this would be the case. Needless to say, I've about given up that hope. Kevin sickens me as a person.....not just in a business sense. Anyone who is comfortable in stealing from people that trust them, lying about what they have for sale, attempting to disappear, being tracked down and given one last chance at trust, then lying again and additionally attempting to avoid us like there is no reason why we should be contacting him in the first place, shouldn't have friends. Drugs and everything else aside, he burned people.......badly. Even after he claims he's gotten over his personal issues, he tries to evade responsibility. No "I'm sorry's" (except the ones forced upon him by those of us who tracked him down before he promptly re-disappered). Absolutely zero effort to begin to make ammends. To be honest, I'm not sure if the drugs part is just another lie. Regardless.......he'll get his if we cross paths in the real world.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    He came at me with that Don Carrington LP, not the other way around. I had never mentioned it to him.

I hope that "mom credit card wasn't directed at me. She has never bought me a record, let alone given me her credit card.

I really think if he came on here and owned up, people would begin to forgive. The crazy thing here is the sheer amount of people he's ripped off.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I think it is weak that Kev hasn't come on here and personally made a promise to sort shit and make it right, that being said, if he is really going through the heavies, it is probably not the first thing on his mind.

but i guess posting on the Blood and Fire and Roots Archives forums was?

and pulling that "mom's credit card" line is bullshit. i don't think that applies to anyone here...if anything you saying people take business "too seriously" implies that YOU don't know the value of a hard-earned dollar.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I really think if he came on here and owned up, people would begin to forgive.

so very true. It's not like Kevin hasn't got the benefit of the doubt from many if not all the people on here who mentioned their issues with his recent business practices but he has made appearences online in other forums and on Ebay continually "selling". His refusal to come on here and give any explanation to the community that he made money off of and gave him their trust feels very much like he is flipping us off.

Communication would really help calm the masses here.

saying people take business "too seriously" implies that YOU don't know the value of a hard-earned dollar.

Amuthafuckinmen.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Communication would really help calm the masses here.

That should read:

"Communication would HAVE really helped calm the masses here."

In my opinion it is too late to calm the masses on this issue.

• Nate: that wasn't directed at you, I was just using the Carrington LP as an example.
    I think with all that has been said by close peers and people I sorta know, it sucks that he has allowed this shit to slip for so long. That being said... I would do the same to try and defend anyone that I have known for 15 years. Enuff said.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

That being said, some people on here take records and buisness shit too seriously, and because of that are incapable of having compassion for someone when they fuck up.

Wanting to be paid back/compensated = 'incapable of having compassion'?
    There's not a :rolleyes: big enough for this.

I hope he gets his shit correct. I won't be fucking with him in the future. Them's the breaks.

On a personal level all this shit makes me really disappointed in both Kev and SS.

edited - not constructive

also all signs point to him still posting on here!

...but no one seems to care too much, so whatever.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

also all signs point to him still posting on here!

...but no one seems to care too much, so whatever.

A moderator should really look into sirlordcomic. It may not be K, but it's a bit fishy for sure. I'm not sure what kind of info you can really get from an SS membership, but there's gotta be something (IP address etc)

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sirlordcomic IP address info:

IP Address 24.5.44.111
    Country UNITED STATES
    Region CALIFORNIA
    City SAN FRANCISCO
    Latitude 37.7002
    Longitude -122.406
    IP Name COMCAST CABLE COMMUNICATIONS

FALSE RASTA ALERT!

well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

This isn't a big issue.....K only ripped off a few poor suckers.......the current SS Administration is too busy keeping the evil Sabadaba from entering our borders and spreading his evil free spee.......ummm..... I mean annoying propaganda.

Have some compassion for K and his personal problems...

• well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

This isn't a big issue.....K only ripped off a few poor suckers.......the current SS Administration is too busy keeping the evil Sabadaba from entering our borders and spreading his evil free spee.......ummm..... I mean annoying propaganda.

Are you joking or is there seriousness in that?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I think R*ch makes a pretty valid point here.

The majority of the vocal board is relatively ok with a guy coming on here ripping off thousands of dollars from soulstrutters and continuing his shady business practices in the hopes that maybe he'll turn around if we give him enough time

on the flip a guy with a snide attitude that rivals many other active strutters and a differnt political viewpoint becomes a real problem for most of SS and they call for his bannishment.

priorities defintely seem a little out of wack here

• well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

I think R*ch makes a pretty valid point here.

The majority of the vocal board is relatively ok with a guy coming on here ripping off thousands of dollars from soulstrutters and continuing his shady business practices in the hopes that maybe he'll turn around if we give him enough time

priorities defintely ARE way out of wack here