*******K/ KEV LAVERTY/SOUFRIERE VINDICATED*******

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

This isn't a big issue.....K only ripped off a few poor suckers.......the current SS Administration is too busy keeping the evil Sabadaba from entering our borders and spreading his evil free spee.......ummm..... I mean annoying propaganda.

Have some compassion for K and his personal problems...

Are you joking or is there seriousness in that?

I think R*ch makes a pretty valid point here.

The majority of the vocal board is relatively ok with a guy coming on here ripping off thousands of dollars from soulstrutters and continuing his shady business practices in the hopes that maybe he'll turn around if we give him enough time

on the flip a guy with a snide attitude that rivals many other active strutters and a differnt political viewpoint becomes a real problem for most of SS and they call for his bannishment.

priorities defintely seem a little out of wack here

BAN[/b]

• point taken...
    that being said, I think banning in general is kinda weaksauce... but then again, I think people should be able to police themselves, which is clearly just not a possibility.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jesus people.......i mean, fuckin jesus........how much money are we talkin ? i need to know how much money we're talking about here ? 100's ? 1,000's ? 10,000's ? how much money TOTAL was sent to him ?

• Jesus people.......i mean, fuckin jesus........how much money are we talkin ? i need to know how much money we're talking about here ? 100's ? 1,000's ? 10,000's ? how much money TOTAL was sent to him ?

Considering one guy alone was talking about $600, I think 1,000s pretty easily has been topped, with 10,000s not outside the realm of possibility in total (Not taken, but that he's gotten through here over time.)

Harvey Anal pays $20 a year to post here.

Sir Lord Komic rode us all for $8000 dollars worth of fake finds.

Saberdaberloo wants the USA to continue killing 30,000 or 650,000 Arabs.

BAN RAJ!

Where's Bassie ?

• I would also like to know.

Where's Bassie ?

She don't like us anymore.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

its hard to have compassion for someone whos been ripping off vinyl buyers for years upon years. none of this started with kevkrawlers post... this has been an on-going problem with this dude. i personally know of 5+ cats on here who ARENT talking about how kevcanada ripped them off.

yall need to save your compassion and hope for those that truly need it...

WOW ! I need to get caught up

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i'm right here...i'm not sure what people expect me to say. i don't speak or answer for any one else.

the two threads, which I only saw in whole in the past week, are shitstorms and folks seem intent on pulling everyone into it.

i am not saying Kevin is blameless, but straight up - as my friend, he is my priority, not records.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

yall need to save your compassion and hope for those that truly need it...

I'm saying...

FREE SABADABA!

• "as my friend, he is my priority, not records" - nicely said.

shitstorms

also, well put.

i'm right here...i'm not sure what people expect me to say. i don't speak or answer for any one else.

the two threads, which I only saw in whole in the past week, are shitstorms and folks seem intent on pulling everyone into it.

i am not saying Kevin is blameless, but straight up - as my friend, he is my priority, not records.

Hey Bassie,

I'm new to all this....i haven't been paying attention to any of these threads so i was just wondering where you were and if maybe you knew if dude was ok or whatever.....sorry if my question was taken the wrong way.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Hey Bassie,

I'm new to all this....i haven't been paying attention to any of these threads so i was just wondering where you were and if maybe you knew if dude was ok or whatever.....sorry if my question was taken the wrong way.

i don't have regular access to a computer since i quit my job in June and we don't have a computer at home.

well, i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but i am not interested in talking about this at all on the Board. if you look at the threads, i think you can understand why.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sirlordcomic IP address info:

IP Address 24.5.44.111
    Country UNITED STATES
    Region CALIFORNIA
    City SAN FRANCISCO
    Latitude 37.7002
    Longitude -122.406
    IP Name COMCAST CABLE COMMUNICATIONS

Hello? There's a faker in San Francisco and I want to know who he/she is. I can't stand fakeness.

• "as his friend, I am suspect" - nicely said.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

This isn't a big issue.....K only ripped off a few poor suckers.......the current SS Administration is too busy keeping the evil Sabadaba from entering our borders and spreading his evil free spee.......ummm..... I mean annoying propaganda.

I couldn't have been more sarcastic.

You can fuck with an Idealist's cash, just don't mess with their ideals.

Shit. I'll get simple over $20.

OK. I'll get simple over nothing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "as his friend, I am suspect" - nicely said.

You're a prick.

• well it's already been shown in this thread that they have different IPs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. the fact that he posts what he posts in the finds threads, and doesn't address anyone that asks if he's kevin sure makes it seem likely to me that it's him.

I couldn't have been more sarcastic.

You can fuck with an Idealist's cash, just don't mess with their ideals.

Right, thanks man. I realized it seconds after posting that.

• Let me add myself to the list of people ripped off by Kevin's totalsoundz ebay name. It was not much, around $40, but it still bugs me. I'm compassionate of his personal problems of course, but by letting them affect his business practices he only created more problems for himself.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Let me add myself to the list of people ripped off by Kevin's totalsoundz ebay name. It was not much, around $40, but it still bugs me. I'm compassionate of his personal problems of course, but by letting them affect his business practices he only created more problems for himself.

It's fucked up. You can have personal problems (we all do!), but systematically ripping people off is fucked up, no matter what the situation is. I mean shit, I work with refugee kids, and I'll tell you - there's a difference between a privileged person's drug habit, and a crime of necessity, I assure you!

Now, moments aho I got an email asking me about details pertaining to Kev's situation. Dude claimed Kevin owes him $2000! That's fucking serious money man, and for that amount, I would be seriously weighing up the travel costs associated with a "home visit."

I would liek to add that before this all blew up, I saw a Frank Motley up and noticed the seller was new. I sent the seller an ebay msg and Kvin emailed me back telling me it was him - this was less than a week before I saw the posts evolving. Now, I'm pretty bloody pleased I forgot to bid on this, but I can see how I easily would be in this situation for enough $ to make me mad.

And another thing - if you're a friend of Kevin's, I'd suggest you advise him to start cleaning up his mess. It's impinging on the whole trade/dealing ethos of SS and other boards. Go check out VV and see their comments about similar incdients.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    f-n up my ebay game,
    first time in a long time selling on the bay
    with a new handle + 0 feedback
    some decent dancehall reggae titles
    check my ebay messages -

"were you .total sounds. before?or soufiere1? just wondering"

after explaining i'm in the US not CAN

"how do you know that prick..why is he so popular?once i see good feedback ill start bidding. its seems you have good stuff."

followed the next day by

"hey, i noticed you had a little tummy 7'for sale did you sell it?"

yes it sold for $35

maybe my next round of auctions will go better
    b/w
    no heads up was given to me before my trade with k,
    which took 9 months but was resolved

• Well I still haven't got my gear although he assured me it was on its way 3+ weeks ago

I'm going to post his tel. no.s up on the Fryer forum for 24 hours so you can all sort it out yourselves as nowt seems to be happening through email........

http://www.fryer-mantis.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=51265#51265

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    basically, i don't really have the right to post anything about kevin, but aren't his actions totally illegal? i'd call the police or sue him. even though some people on here seem to know him and have dealt with him for years. it's the only way to get your money back and maybe the only way to help him.

2000 usd are serious!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Let me add myself to the list of people ripped off by Kevin's totalsoundz ebay name. It was not much, around $40, but it still bugs me. I'm compassionate of his personal problems of course, but by letting them affect his business practices he only created more problems for himself.

...ripped off AND fucked up grading system he uses for rare EXPENSIVE northern soul 45s... aint that right Markus?

my only problem is that i sent him a record he ended up not wanting and didnt send the record out to sketch for 3 months even after numerous calls and PMs. not as big a problem as some of you on this board, soul-source board, fryers funk board, etc.

• was he also 12highpockets as well?

I won some 45s from him awhile back before this latest blowup and it took months for him to send items...his excuse was a motor accident caused mutiple broken bones....

...Why are there so many depressed people hawking records...???

was he also 12highpockets as well?

I won some 45s from him awhile back before this latest blowup and it took months for him to send items...his excuse was a motor accident caused mutiple broken bones....

...Why are there so many depressed people hawking records...???

why are these threads the point of entry for newbies?

try this...

1) start a thread and write "Introductions" (or whatever) in the title.

2) tell us about yourself. you can do this and still remain anonymous.

3) hang out