THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As much as I hate Parcells and Dallas, I can't
    help but feel kind of bad for Romo. He blew that
    game for D twice in 10 seconds.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    HOLY SCHITT!!!!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    As much as I hate Parcells and Dallas, I can't

• As much as I hate Parcells and Dallas, I can't

No doubt. That's a tough loss to swallow. Did you see his PC? Someone better stay with him tonight.

Glad EP didn't take my advice. Congrats Seahawks fans.

QB play in general was awful all around today, except for Manning's and Hasselbeck's respective second halves.

Very glad to see the NFL scheduled the Saints home game as late as possible: 7 PM on a Saturday night. W/ a full day to get nice and drunk, Saints fans will have the Dome rockin!

• Taps watch....looks around...whistles....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I feel bad for Romo....Parcells and Glenn deserve equal blame.

New England :[/b] The Entire Patriot team would love nothing more than to smash Mangini's head in .....The Jets are good....but not playoff good...New England should smash the Jets

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Taps watch....looks around...whistles....

I'm out to take down my X-Mas lights while wearing my Drew Brees Jersey!!!

BOO YAH BABY!!

Off to a gooooood start!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    .....The Jets are good....but not playoff good...New England should smash the Jets

Yeah. The Pats may have looked shaky at times this year, but come playoff time, they know what the fuck they're doing. The Jets...not so much. Playoffs separate the men from the boys, and the Jets' nuts haven't descended yet.

Giants :[/b] I've heard too many people say The Eagles are a lock ...this usually means an upset ......And for the first time all year the Giant players are quiet ......This will be their second time seeing Jeff Garcia and he's not hard to figure out....I think this will be a close game and the Giants last victory of the season......They still have a little pride and would love nothing more than to be the last NFC East team standing.......

Fuck it....My testicles need to breathe

BOO - FUCKIN' - YAH!!!!

3 TD LEAD, BABY!

BYE BYE TO THE MANGINI MYSTIQUE!!

ASANTE SAMUEL NOT IN THE PRO BOWL IS A CRIME[/b]!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    BOO - FUCKIN' - YAH!!!!

• Giants :[/b] I've heard too many people say The Eagles are a lock ...this usually means an upset ......And for the first time all year the Giant players are quiet ......This will be their second time seeing Jeff Garcia and he's not hard to figure out....I think this will be a close game and the Giants last victory of the season......They still have a little pride and would love nothing more than to be the last NFC East team standing.......

Fuck it....My testicles need to breathe

Alright. Now this game will be semi-exciting, and after you lose, I can pick the Saints more carefreely next week.

• Pats at Chargers is gonna be real tough to pick. I'm thinking Pats all the way right now....

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Eagles defense lookin' MAD soft on the 1st series... this is not a good sign at all. They're lookin' like the scrubs that stunk it up in the middle of the season again. Tiki might break some post season records today if these folls don't tighten it up, and fast

Pats at Chargers is gonna be real tough to pick.

That game wont even be close

BRIAN WESTBROOOOOOOOOK!

NOw these batches are starting to wake up... Jints is in trouble

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    LETS GOOOOOOOO.

Wow, you really think the Pats will blow them out?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Pats at Chargers is gonna be real tough to pick.

I know what you are thinking but I look at that game and see Tom Brady and Bill Belichick versus P. Rivers and Marty Schottenheimer.

• Detmer = Hall of famer 1st ballot as the greatest place holder EVER!

• Detmer = Hall of famer 1st ballot as the greatest place holder EVER!

freal. i was definitely holding my breath.
    i like consandine, but he needs to get merked in the lockerroom

westbrook is the iron horse. he breathed life into the birds early on and then sealed the game.

why does garcia always scramble to the right ???

Damn.......almost

Falcons hire Louisville's Petrino as coach

Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6) at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

Seattle Seahawks (10-7) at Chicago Bears (13-3)

New England Patriots (13-4) at San Diego Chargers (14-2)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fly Eagles Fly...

Falcons hire Louisville's Petrino as coach

Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6) at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

Seattle Seahawks (10-7) at Chicago Bears (13-3)

New England Patriots (13-4) at San Diego Chargers (14-2)

I went 3-1 for wildcard weekend... knew I shouldn't have taken a chance on those cotdamn Jets...

y'all can wait til next saturday to make your picks... no need for me to do so, since I already know WHAT IT IS (listen up):

RAVENS OVER COLTS-[/b] as i have already told you, bet EVERYTHING YOU OWN on the ravens... virtually impossible that "the goldenchild" (HA!) Peyton Manning will be able to get it in against that B-more D

EAGLES OVER SAINTS-[/b] i do like the saints, no doubt about it. their coach knows how to gameplan against the eagles. BUT philly at their best is gonna beat NO at their best... the eagles only lose if they're not focused for some reason, and they WILL be focused for this game. they better be.

BEARS OVER SEAHAWKS-[/b] i really want to pick seattle, and i sincerely hope i am wrong about this one. but man, those seahags showed me next to NOTHING against the cowbeezies. Rex Grossman is about as useful as pocket lint, but the bears can still beat seattle just with defense and special teams. like i said, i hope i'm wrong- i'd love for the eagles to get seattle at home for the NFC championship. but sheeeeeiiiit, i'll take chicago at soldier field, too... not much of a difference, really

CHARGERS OVER PATRIOTS-[/b] people don't believe in martyball, but i believe in martyball. more importantly, he's got the best team in football this year. and brady's been playing real well, but for chrissake, those receivers he's throwing to! rene caldwell??? jabar gaffney??? troy brown, the oldest man alive??? oh, HELLS to the naw! next sunday is the day belichick, kraft and that whole organization pays for trading away their best receiver, the great whats-his-name

• Is there money riding on this competition? If so, can I participate?

I'll just put my picks out there, anyhow:
    Indy over Baltimore
    NOLA over Philly
    Chicago over Seattle
    New England over Whale's Vagina

• Get ready for the best football weekend of the year. Love the Divisional Round. No fake-ass wildcard teams this year. Just division-winning HEAT.

I'm gonna bite Ed's style from last week and post my winning picks about 1 minute before kickoff of each game.

Phil Most, are Eagles a better team w/ Garcia than McNabb? Honest question not baiting......very nervous about the matchup but I'm thinking the Saints should get it done. NFL did you no favors scheduling that game on a Saturday night, believe it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    are Eagles a better team w/ Garcia than McNabb?

Question of the year. Mcnabb was having a decent season before he got hurt. If the Eagles get to the Superbowl w/ Garcia, I'm sure fans are going to be torn between two lovers in the offseason.
    What's the Philly local media sayin?