THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• Philly Phill.......we on for Monday???

ONCE AGAIN IT'S ON[/b]

Who the hell is that!!??

Daaaam, you forgot about the great Drew Bledsoe already? I heard they erected a statue in his honor at Texas Stadium, didn't they? Oh, wait... that wasn't a statue, that was just Drew standing in the pocket, waiting for somebody to sack him. My bad.
    I am just PRAYING that we bodybag Tony Romo's ass early... Philly could receive no Xmas gift even half as good as the pleasure of playing against Bledsoe. A cardboard cutout of Romo would be a better option than letting Bledsoe get under center

• Philly Phill.......we on for Monday???

ONCE AGAIN IT'S ON[/b]

Who the hell is that!!??

Daaaam, you forgot about the great Drew Bledsoe already? I heard they erected a statue in his honor at Texas Stadium, didn't they? Oh, wait... that wasn't a statue, that was just Drew standing in the pocket, waiting for somebody to sack him. My bad.
    I am just PRAYING that we bodybag Tony Romo's ass early... Philly could receive no Xmas gift even half as good as the pleasure of playing against Bledsoe. A cardboard cutout of Romo would be a better option than letting Bledsoe get under center

I need your advice son! I'm in the fantasy league championship (major yapers!) and can't decide on whether I should play Hasselbeck or Romo. SD is probably goin to sack Hasselbeck 20X, with our line being garbage right now. Is Romo the move against the Eagles?

• I need your advice son! I'm in the fantasy league championship (major yapers!) and can't decide on whether I should play Hasselbeck or Romo. SD is probably goin to sack Hasselbeck 20X, with our line being garbage right now. Is Romo the move against the Eagles?

Yo, I have no idea WHAT'S going on this season, hommie. This is the craziest season I have ever seen in my life. Right now I am feeling good about the Eagles shutting Romo down, but who the hell knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas has their way with the Eagles defense, either- in fact, that's probably the more likely scenario.
    I guess you gotta go w/ Romo over Hasselhoff... Hasselhoff's looked pretty lame since he got healthy again, and SD is still playing for homefield advantage, so the game matters for them. But dammit, my gut tells me that my dudes are gonna get at Romo and make him make a lot of rookie-like mistakes. So basically, for a final answer to your question... uh, I dunno.

• I need your advice son! I'm in the fantasy league championship (major yapers!) and can't decide on whether I should play Hasselbeck or Romo. SD is probably goin to sack Hasselbeck 20X, with our line being garbage right now. Is Romo the move against the Eagles?

Yo, I have no idea WHAT'S going on this season, hommie. This is the craziest season I have ever seen in my life. Right now I am feeling good about the Eagles shutting Romo down, but who the hell knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas has their way with the Eagles defense, either- in fact, that's probably the more likely scenario.
    I guess you gotta go w/ Romo over Hasselhoff... Hasselhoff's looked pretty lame since he got healthy again, and SD is still playing for homefield advantage, so the game matters for them. But dammit, my gut tells me that my dudes are gonna get at Romo and make him make a lot of rookie-like mistakes. So basically, for a final answer to your question... uh, I dunno.

lol. Man dude I keep goin back and forth over it. I think I'm goin with Romo.

Yeah, I really don't know schitt about that fantasy football schitt anyway. Romo can throw for 300 yards and 3 tds, as long as we beat their asses 24-21 it's all good with me!

You need to be a true Seahawks fan and live and die with your boy, though. That's what I don't like about that fantasy schitt... it's not about being loyal to your actual team. So like if LaDanian is on your fantasy team, do you root for your Seahawks to shut him the hell down or do you root for LT to get 5 tds and 200 yds?

Yeah, I really don't know schitt about that fantasy football schitt anyway. Romo can throw for 300 yards and 3 tds, as long as we beat their asses 24-21 it's all good with me!

You need to be a true Seahawks fan and live and die with your boy, though. That's what I don't like about that fantasy schitt... it's not about being loyal to your actual team. So like if LaDanian is on your fantasy team, do you root for your Seahawks to shut him the hell down or do you root for LT to get 5 tds and 200 yds?

Lucky for me I haven't had to root against the Seahawks this season. My thing is if I play Hasselbeck and he flops, I take a 2 L's at once! It does make watching other teams more interesting to me because you have a rooting interest with the fantasy score at stake. I actually started playing Fantasy to have something to cheer about because we were so bad for so long. lol

• I'm taking Green Bay at home tonight. I"ll have the rest of my picks up Saturday.

KC over Oakland
    Atlanta over Carolina
    Chicago over Detroit
    Indy over Houston
    San Fran over Arizona
    San Diego over Seattle
    Jets over Dolphins
    St. Louis over Washington
    Pittsburgh over Baltimore
    Jacksonville over New England
    Cleveland over Tampa
    Dallas over Philly
    Denver over Cinci
    Tennessee over Buffalo
    Saints over Giants

• SEATTLE:

CINCY:

merry muthafuckin' xmas...

• SEATTLE:

CINCY:

merry muthafuckin' xmas...

That was painful. Boulware is great at stopping the run but is a liability in pass defense. At least we made the playoffs. Not like we will be a factor or anything. There is always hope for a miracle. SD has a nice D but they aren't winnin the bowl with Rivers at qb. He sucks.

• A-ight, Rockadel... I didn't want to jump the gun on this since there's still time on the clock, but after Lito's INT with 6 mins to play I think I can safely say...

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS???[/b]

You know where to send that Mexicoke. Hope to see you again in the playoffs!

special thanks to Jeff Garcia... no one wants to look at a jpeg of him, so here's one of his fiance

• dang. forreal??

go birds!!!!

• you didn't pick it but you want credit?

No.....just concerned about that first round bye you promised

You should listen to your boy, ya heard? Go Jets!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    his fiance

This picture is in the American Slang Dictionary
    2007 Edition, next to the word BEARD.

• dang. forreal??

Yeh... she's a Playboy centerfold model (probly just a beard for Gaycia, but whotteva ... j/k, Jeff's the MAN right about now)

You gotta luv it... 5 gets his revenge on TO in the first Birds-boys matchup this season, now it's Garcia's turn for The Big Payback. GET SOME GET-BACK!

NFC wannabes betta watch out... y'all don't want no parts of them Iggles in January. B DAWK IS IN A ZONE

• his fiance

This picture is in the American Slang Dictionary
    2007 Edition, next to the word BEARD.

aaaah, ya beat me to it!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS???[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It blows my mind that the Birds are actually making moves this year.

NFL this season is FUCKED UP.

That shit last night was retarded. Bengals are freaking cursed.

Jags let the Pats end their damn season for them on home turf,
    with barely a fight.

I'd rather face SD than the Ravens in the 1st round. Truth.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A-ight, Rockadel...

I'll get it out this week.....congrats.....I don't expect Dallas to go far in the playoffs.

• E.P: 10

G.P: 9

After two weeks:

GP: 18

EdPowerless: 17

Holler.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

EdPowerless...

• A-ight, Rockadel...

I'll get it out this week.....congrats.....I don't expect Dallas to go far in the playoffs.

Probably not, since it looks like it's gonna be Dallas @ Philly for round three on wild card weekend. Sure you don't wanna try it again? They say the third time is the charm, hommie... in this crazy ass NFL season anything is possible (Phill then begins making extra room in his fridge for a third six pack of Mexi-Coke)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    E.P: 10

G.P: 9

After two weeks:

GP: 18

EdPowerless: 17

Holler.

your turn to pick first

• That's fine. You think I checked your picks? I just got lucky w/ the Broncos and the fact that you're a Dolphins fan. I had to pick the Saints. The rest of those games were tough. Glad VY pulled one out for me.

• Also, been meaning to ask, maybe we should weight the playoff games a little. Thoughts? I'm good either way but am open to that discussion.

• That's fine. You think I checked your picks? I just got lucky w/ the Broncos and the fact that you're a Dolphins fan. I had to pick the Saints. The rest of those games were tough. Glad VY pulled one out for me.

If you two want to do it blind, PM me your picks, and I'll post them before gametime, ensuring privacy.

I will be your proxy, folls.

(this contest cracks me up, by the way; i have serious respect for both your football opinions. but as I recall, Gene has defended Aaron Brooks competency, and Ed picked Miami and Buffalo to finish ahead of the Pats and Jets in the AFC East this year. Point being: picks ain't proving shit; both your analysis is. but, public betting? shit, i'll watch.)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Can I just fucking say Boooooo-Yaaaaaaaaaaaahh, bitches. Thanks to those dumbasses in Indy for giving us the inside track on the no.2 spot in the AFC.

You think I checked your picks?

No

The rest of those games were tough.

Washington and Cinncinati broke my heart

• EP-

Sorry man. I been on the road. I'll take NYG tonite I guess even tho I have no clue how that game is gonna go. I'll post the rest of my pix late tonight when I get back home.

Saul Goode

I like The Giants also ....Tiki,Tiki,Tiki

• Sorry dood.

Saints over Panthers
    Houston over Cleveland
    Kansas City over Jags
    Dallas over Detroit
    Tennessee over New England
    Jets over Oakland
    Cincinatti over Pittsburgh
    Seattle over Tampa