urban pet peeves

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Poeple who snatch my cash during a transaction or place my change on the table and not in my hand!!!
    WTF, I handed it to u - hand my shit back Bitch!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Poeple who snatch my cash during a transaction or place my change on the table and not in my hand!!!

Getting sweaty wadded up bills as change from the bodega.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I'd rather give the money to a not-legit dude out to score some smack at this pt.

There's a dude 'round the corner from my office sitting in a wheelchair asking for handouts. One day I caught him pushing his own chair up the hill he was working on. Faking a handicap is some low shit even for the homeless, but 10 to 1 he's pushing the chair HOME.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Y'all some angry muthaphuckas!

Still, I agree on most of this shit ...

I definitely hate people who think the
    ice cream shop/fast food spot/coffee joint is
    some kinda playground and they don't have to watch
    their kids...you always see like 3 different Moms
    show up with their kids and sit in a group and drink coffee and
    bitch about married life while the kids all run wild
    together - "HEY, LOSERS! KIDS DON'T BABYSIT EACH OTHER!"
    I see so many young urban couples that seem to think
    discipline is an outmoded ideal, and even think we're
    supposed to find it CUTE that little Tyler is standing
    pushing against the IN door from the other side while
    you are trying to enter the establishment...

Conversely, I also can't stand the people who pretty
    much abuse their kids in public - usually the kid ain't
    even that bad, just be like "Mama, Mama!" and the Moms'll
    be all like "YO IF YOU DON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW
    I'MMA BEAT THAT ASS BLUE YOU LITTLE BASTARD"
    It's like, yo, keep that child abuse indoors, huh?

How about people who drive with DOGS IN THEIR LAPS??
    I drive for a living, and I swear I see this a few times
    EVERY DAY. I see this one old hag all the time, every time
    she's got the dog in her lap with it's head out the window,
    AND she's on the phone AND smoking a cigarette while driving!
    It's as if operating the vehicle falls somewhere around 4th or
    5th on the depth chart of importance while driving!

Speaking of driving, how about motherfucks who can't park in
    a parking space? All 90 degree angles taking up 3 spaces in
    a packed lot? What's the matter? Trouble turning the wheel
    properly with that dog in your lap???

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Getting sweaty wadded up bills as change from the bodega.

LOL,

Crinckled/faded/Old phone numbers on 'em.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    4.Transplants who move to the city to live out their little false urban fantasies. (Art School Douchbags, Hip Hop Clowns)

On this note tho, ppl who move to the city to live out 'false urban fantasies' who turn around and act like they're urban o.g.'s disparaging suburbanites. Dudes your moms still lives there.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Playin the tinny music through whatever cell/sidekick u got. Shit sounds wack - Just Fuckin stop.

Playin the tinny music through whatever cell/sidekick u got. Shit sounds wack - Just Fuckin stop.

The only thing worse than hearing the latest banger sounding like shit as it comes out of a cell phone is hearing a song you loathe being played out a cell phone.

man up and get a fucking boombox.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    The wannabe hard, "urban bike messenger trenoids", with those silly ass biker hats with the bills that flip up. These guys are like out of some bad movie. Don't they realize that there is about 50 other joes, riding around with an exact replica of your steez and personality.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Oh damn so on point, urban bike culture is insufferable...dudes who show up to parties looking scruffy with their jeans rolled up wearing messenger bags and ranger caps, gtfoohwtbs. I don't care how practical it is, you look like a hipster doofus.

Someone should make a graemlin of kramer saying 'hipster doofus.'

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Here's a classic...

BO on the elevator. The worst is when they get off, and their onion stink stays in the elevator, meanwhile other people are getting on that think you have the BO, great!

• this whole thread - five stars!

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    4.Transplants who move to the city to live out their little false urban fantasies. (Art School Douchbags, Hip Hop Clowns)

On this note tho, ppl who move to the city to live out 'false urban fantasies' who turn around and act like they're urban o.g.'s disparaging suburbanites. Dudes your moms still lives there.

Seriously, who really cares where your from? I've got a whole lot of other shit occupying my consciousness right now.

• The wannabe hard, "urban bike messenger trenoids", with those silly ass biker hats with the bills that flip up. These guys are like out of some bad movie. Don't they realize that there is about 50 other joes, riding around with an exact replica of your steez and personality.

yessir. i ride the elevator with these dudes everyday and some of them are way too old to be wrapped up in the whole anti-establishment look. get over yourselves, you ride bicycles and deliver packages.

also, that style was played out shortly after that kevin bacon movie, Quicksilver. although ll cool j is still a big fan of having the one pant leg rolled up.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Oh damn so on point, urban bike culture is insufferable...dudes who show up to parties looking scruffy with their jeans rolled up wearing messenger bags and ranger caps, gtfoohwtbs. I don't care how practical it is, you look like a hipster doofus.

don't fuck with bike messengers.

fuck with people who cop the look who aren't messengers.

thank you.

that is all.

• My urban pet peeve, in a word, is patchouli. Why anyone would knowingly make themselves smell like spicy dirt is beyond me.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    anti-establishment look

This has got to be the worst look of all. Shut up you stupid robots! Look at me I'm a punk I don't do what the "man" tells me. STFU your not original, and even if you were we still would give a shit, grow up.

My urban pet peeve, in a word, is patchouli. Why anyone would knowingly make themselves smell like spicy dirt is beyond me.

spicey dirt mixed with fermented onions...

• Oh damn so on point, urban bike culture is insufferable...dudes who show up to parties looking scruffy with their jeans rolled up wearing messenger bags and ranger caps, gtfoohwtbs. I don't care how practical it is, you look like a hipster doofus.

thank you.

that is all.

i beg to differ. my mailman performs the same function as bike messengers, albeit more efficiently, yet he doesnt feel the need to "send a message" with the shit he wears. get these dudes a blue uniform and a reality check. your part of the system if your delivering packages to BUSINESSES. take that hipster shit to urban outfitters where they appreciate it.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    My urban pet peeve, in a word, is patchouli. Why anyone would knowingly make themselves smell like spicy dirt is beyond me.

ROFL!

Cosign. The smell that patchouli, combined with BO and dread-sweat makes is the absolute worst. "Spicy Dirt"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    a patchouli-scented bike messenger with would be on some next level anti-establishment shit

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    anti-establishment look

This has got to be the worst look of all. Shut up you stupid robots! Look at me I'm a punk I don't do what the "man" tells me. STFU your not original, and even if you were we still would give a shit, grow up.

Hey, they're just nonconformists like everybody else....

thank you.

that is all.

i beg to differ. my mailman performs the same function as bike messengers, albeit more efficiently, yet he doesnt feel the need to "send a message" with the shit he wears. get these dudes a blue uniform and a reality check. your part of the system if your delivering packages to BUSINESSES. take that hipster shit to urban outfitters where they appreciate it.

Um, your mailman isn't riding a bike.

Rolled up pants have a function, as does the bag and most
    gear that couriers wear. I was a courier for years, had what
    I'm sure you all consider this trendy "look," yet, what do you
    know, pretty much my entire outfit was based on function - putting
    in 300 miles a week on a bicycle in urban traffic.

There were some dudes/girls who were definitely clowns and hung up
    on some kind of fashion, but just like most things in life, "real
    headz know the deal" and look that way for a reason.

thank you.

that is all.

bullshit.

your fucking mailman doesn't ride a bike at high speeds in all types of weather.

bike messengers wear layers because it keeps them warm when it's cold, without making them overheat. it's no message, it's way to feel comfortable when you work in extreme conditions. the hat keeps sweat out of your eyes. the layered clothes keep you comfortable.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dirty, nasty street food vendors.....

I once watched a guy dump his whole cart of soft pretzels into a puddle in front of Madison Square Garden and the dude just picked them up and put them back in the cart and continued to sell them!

• Y'ALL JUST SOUND LIKE SOME BITCH ASS HATERS! (and so do I right now)

as Yuk would say "YOU BIIIIITCH!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    OK i'm not against bike messengers wearing what they need while on the job, to clarify.
    i'm talking about the dudes who show up at clubs bars and parties dressed like they're on the job because they happened to bike there. Shit doesn't need to carry over into the real world.

OK i'm not against bike messengers wearing what they need while on the job, to clarify.
    i'm talking about the dudes who show up at clubs bars and parties dressed like they're on the job because they happened to bike there. Shit doesn't need to carry over into the real world.

Well, the drinking usually started as soon as the last pkg was dropped

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Well, the drinking usually started as soon as the last pkg was dropped
    Folks who don't shower before hitting up the parties

i once went to the Delancey straight after working all night in the rain wearing this:

my other choice was to go home, change, take the subway back and miss my friend's set... so, i rocked the gordon's fisherman look...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Some other big ones we've missed:

Poverty
    segregation
    crime
    police