urban pet peeves

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
mine is people who stop right in front of the turnstile while looking for their Metrocard... there have been times at the Canal St. stop where all 4 turnstiles have been blocked by people doing this...

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    SUVs. man I hate folls driving these schitts all carelessly and not being able to park them. take that schitt to the country.com what are you doing in the city with your 12 mpg ass?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    People who won't move their asses from the doorways of public transport during rush hour, even though there's crazy amounts of space if they didn't mind taking a step away from the front.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mine is people who stop right in front of the turnstile while looking for their Metrocard... there have been times at the Canal St. stop where all 4 turnstiles have been blocked by people doing this...

Thats such a fuckin NO NO!!!

Eating on the train is fuckin stupid. I hate that shit.

Oh man my Bill Bixby is comin out.

Passin out flyers in front of the store. It just creates litter. Fuck yo' sale.

Playin the tinny music through whatever cell/sidekick u got. Shit sounds wack - Just Fuckin stop.

Panhandlers on the train. I dont care about your homelessness/aids/basketball team/freefood/bootlegdvds.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    People who take all of the crab legs a buffets... People who use the cell phone while driving too slow... People who play loud music at early morning hours...

• Standing on the left side of the 'moving stairs.' you like that last one, pgunn?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    People operating ATMs like they are launching a rocket to the moon.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    When a group of people takes up the entire sidewalk and they're walking S-L-O-W-L-Y. Either pick up the pace or move to the side, fuckfaces.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    People who use the cell phone while driving too slow...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Standing on the left side of the 'moving stairs.' you like that last one, pgunn?

it's "mechanical stairs". Pfffffff.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Eating on the train is fuckin stupid. I hate that shit.

I was in Chicago, and this dude just started puffing a ciggarette in the train. I thought it was rather gangsta.

• Random turds and dried-up urine, EVERYWHERE.

That ain't no place to eat a sandwich.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    When a group of people takes up the entire sidewalk and they're walking S-L-O-W-L-Y. Either pick up the pace or move to the side, fuckfaces.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    People who won't move their asses from the doorways of public transport during rush hour, even though there's crazy amounts of space if they didn't mind taking a step away from the front.
    i have no problem elbowing mufuckaz to get through as long as they aren't significantly bigger than me

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    GENTRIFICATION

• Standing on the left side of the 'moving stairs.' you like that last one, pgunn?

it's "mechanical stairs". Pfffffff.

Poeple who hold their ears in the subway. WTF are you here in NYC for? Get used to it.

Dudes w/ boomin cars systems and the chassie cant take the vibes. WTF-all i hear is rattle.

Grown ass adults who dress like high schoolers. Im talkin' old hiphop 40+ year olds. Dude, there is an adult way to sport yo' shit.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

related to this and the turnstle thing is when people do shit like get to the bottom or top of a staircase or escalator and just stand there, completely fucking oblivious to the 10 people behind them who they are blocking. i jsut don't get shit like that... simply step 4 feet to the side... it's not hard... were these people raised by wolves?

• People (largely, female) at the grocery store, who after their 19 items have been rung up and priced, and the cashier tells them the total...

Start rummaging through their purse, looking for their wallet. Look, you know you are gonna have to pay for this shit. Just have your money/wallet/card out and ready to go. Its not hard.

• BUGS IN MY HOUSE

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    People (largely, female) at the grocery store, who after their 19 items have been rung up and priced, and the cashier tells them the total...

Start rummaging through their purse, looking for their wallet. Look, you know you are gonna have to pay for this shit. Just have your money/wallet/card out and ready to go. Its not hard.

this is a subset of the turnstile phenomena, as those are 90% women, too...

• People who use the cell phone while driving...

People who use the cell phone while driving...

Concentrate on your driving fool...

People (largely, female) at the grocery store, who after their 19 items have been rung up and priced, and the cashier tells them the total...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    The other day I witnessed some goof eating pizza ($1 slice garbage) with a plastic fork and knife!?!?! He then proceeded to deep it in ketchup! WTF, pizza already has tomato sauce on it you tit. Do you eat soup with your hands? It made my blood boil watching him sawing threw the crust for 5-6 minutes straight. He had a thick, wirey mono brow too, ewww.

NAGL.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    People who get off on the front of the bus, there is a back door for a reason you dumb fuck!

People who stop in the middle of a busy sidewalk to look at how high a building is, get the fuck out the way!

People who still use the word DOPE. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Its 2006. Just say HOT or somethin'.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    People who still use the word DOPE. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Its 2006. Just say HOT or somethin'.
    Fa-fa-fa-fresh.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Damn I still say that ( ) can't find anything good enough to replace it ("hot" can only be used sparingly). What should I be saying yo this new record is "bananas" or that beat is so "hyphy" man! FUCK THAT! Shit is DOPE!

Fa-fa-fa-
    fresh.

LOL,

Yeah Deej, you still use that shit. Cmon - modernize.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    related to this and the turnstle thing is when people do shit like get to the bottom or top of a staircase or escalator and just stand there, completely fucking oblivious to the 10 people behind them who they are blocking. i jsut don't get shit like that... simply step 4 feet to the side... it's not hard... were these people raised by wolves?

Related to the escalator, in airports clueless mofos on the moving sidewalks just standing there with all their luggage. The thing is supposed to help you WALK faster, you lazy dumb f**k, not move for you while you stand there! Move it!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Fa-fa-fa-
    fresh.

LOL,

Yeah Deej, you still use that shit. Cmon - modernize.
    I think referring to women as "fine" needs to come back for real though.
    'Hot' is overused.