PROJECT RUNWAY 3

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Michael so shoulda won. I see him winning the whole thing--he has more vision and variability than any of the other remaining designers.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i wasted an hour of my life .....

you brought the two most annoying people in the history of reality tv back for one more episode just to kick them off again .....

and everything else was predictable ...

"Pasty mom" has a nervous breakdown then wins a challenge ......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kayne makes a fool out of himself again and finally goes home .........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Pity Keith didn't make a comeback even if he was a cheater.

And yeah, did anyone thinking Vincnet or Angela were going to claw their way back in?

It's just too bad Jeffrey didn't get booted but my guess is that he'll make the final 3 if for no other reason that the final 3 needs a bad guy and voila!

• is it me or are these episodes getting more boring?

i can't say i am excited about any one of these designers for fashion week. michael, mildly...i hope he listens and stays away from gowns. jeffrey's looked like an austin scarlett garment, all costumey but with poor execution. i thought it was hilarious when he told tim that he's made something like this before that was so beautiful that people almost cried. delusional. uli's looked like tie-dye fabric. laura is a snorefest.

at least i have the shit-talking episode next to look forward to

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    is it me or are these episodes getting more boring?

i can't say i am excited about any one of these designers for fashion week. michael, mildly...i hope he listens and stays away from gowns. jeffrey's looked like an austin scarlett garment, all costumey but with poor execution. i thought it was hilarious when he told tim that he's made something like this before that was so beautiful that people almost cried. delusional. uli's looked like tie-dye fabric. laura is a snorefest.

at least i have the shit-talking episode next to look forward to

huge

• Yeah last night was more fun for the company I was with than the show. There were a couple of funny moments

I liked Uli's dress....

The lines are pretty disappointing though - Uli's looks like everything from the show and Michael's is a letdown. Laura's is pretty much what you'd expect. Jeffrey will win if he doesn't get caught outsourcing his sewing.

I am way looking forward to that part where Vincent goes "I JUST CANT HELP BUT GET TURNED ON!" that I saw in the preview

• this season sucks...

The reunion show is bound to be a bloodbath. At least...that's what I'm hoping.

I thought yesterday's challenge was good insofar as it's actually a lot harder for them to design something with NO parameters than faced with a specific challenge.

This is also why all four outfits were boring as fuck. Ulee won on default practically and got knows wtf Michael was thinking.

I don't want to ruin shit for anyone but EW previewed the four collections last week, including commentary from the mag's own fashion panel and...well, I won't say anything else.

All I do know is that it's obvious Michael is going to win fan favorite. He is arguably the most likable guy on the show in any of the seasons just in terms of being a pretty level-headed dude with good ideas and being the least asshole-y in the bunch.

Btw, I finally watched "Survivor" which I normally wouldn't but given the conceit and the fact that I'm teaching a class that deals with pop culture and race I figured it was appropriate...

...sucked ASS. Just terrible on every level.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    PM me today or tomorrow for Fashion Week spoiler pics.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    did anyone watch the Reunion show last night?

Vincent's freak out over his laundry was hilarious

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I missed it. Anything as weird as Guada-loopy from last season? How are Robert and Alison doing? Any cackles from Malan?

I got spoiler pics from Fashion Week if you want to peek.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Word on the street is that Michael is dating Brandy.

I don't think I've enjoyed a television show so much since...Black/White on FX earlier this year!

• So much controversy this year. Jeffrey's behavior makes it seem as if he's guilty. It's a shame, his shit looks a lot better than any of the other stuff. Michael's shirt with gold sequins looks like something Kayne would make. Laura designs for old ladies. Uli has made the same dress 15 times now, I'm really bored by her. Can't wait for the season finale. Also, I need details on the Michael Knight/Brandy romance. Am I alone, or did other people assume he was gay?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i'm sure a ton of people assumed he was gay. i can't see him dating Brandy though, he seems way too nice and laidback.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Michael is in trouble with the shit he made.
    Jeffy's eye pattern when he was first accused = COMPLETELY GUILTY AS CHARGED.

Also, I need details on the Michael Knight/Brandy romance. Am I alone, or did other people assume he was gay?

BRANDY GETS A MAN?

Brandy hasn???t been lucky with love, but she might have scored herself a man. I heard this dude named Michael Knight from the show ???Project Runway??? has scooped her up. The pair have been flying across the nation to see each other. Anyway, there is no computerized car, but dude seems to be Brandy???s nightrider ??? get it? OK, bad, bad joke! All of that and he???s not gay like everybody thought.

http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/?ID=1123

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i don't think jeffrey is guilty. he looked genuinely hurt when laura called him out. but 2 months is a big difference compared to the 24-48 hours they had for each challenge to construct a garment. with all the time constraints imposed on them, a lot of stuff looked rushed and unfinished. she just expected it to look mad sloppy like during the season. i actually think laura looked kind of jealous when tim was complimenting him.

i felt really bad when i saw the stuff michael came up with. it looked really tacky and cheap like stuff kayne would make

I'm assuming that if Jeffrey was guilty, they wouldn't have let him show at Fashion Week, right? Unless there's some twist, like, you can show your garments but you're eliminated from the competition? There was a decoy last season, too.

• Michael is in trouble with the shit he made.
    Jeffy's eye pattern when he was first accused = COMPLETELY GUILTY AS CHARGED.

agree 100%. At least ACT like you're sewing. He just sat there starring into space, and going for takeout. Weak sauce.

BRANDY GETS A MAN?

Brandy hasn???t been lucky with love, but she might have scored herself a man. I heard this dude named Michael Knight from the show ???Project Runway??? has scooped her up. The pair have been flying across the nation to see each other. Anyway, there is no computerized car, but dude seems to be Brandy???s nightrider ??? get it? OK, bad, bad joke! All of that and he???s not gay like everybody thought..............

...........and Little Richard is dating Monica

i don't think jeffrey is guilty. he looked genuinely hurt when laura called him out

i thought he looked busted as hell ...The look on his face was more shock than anger ......not a normal Jeffrey reaction ...not to mention that goddamn factory he was working in ....and the way he was fumbling and shit for his receipts

GUILTY

but i dont think they'll have enough evidence to give him the boot

Uli will win ....as she should

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    but i dont think they'll have enough evidence to give him the boot

I think jeffrey will get a pass.

There's also no decoy this year because they accepted all four finalists.

Michael's collection looks weak, alas.

Laura's style is not "for old ladies" but sure, it's for women past their 20s. 5 kids + preggers = crazy. Nice pad though.

Uli might be the dark horse. But Michael looks like he flubbed this.

And yeah, he's dating Brandy and no, he never seemed remotely gay. At least not compared to Kayne or Austin.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I'm assuming that if Jeffrey was guilty, they wouldn't have let him show at Fashion Week, right? Unless there's some twist, like, you can show your garments but you're eliminated from the competition? There was a decoy last season, too.

well they had to let him show at fashion week or else everyone would know he was out...it's been the top 4 people that show there every season because that's where it falls in the timeline of the show.

and regarding Jeffrey, I guess Nick from last season has a blog and he said the first 2 seasons they were given SEVEN months to make their line instead of the two they got this season. And even then people were scurrying at the last minute to get stuff done.

Boo!
    Hiss!

The D-Bag won. Michael Ulee wuz robbed!

Actually, I do think Jeffrey's collection was the most "design-y" of the bunch though I thought Ulee's was the most practical and stylish. I also didn't hate Laura's either though, as usual, it was a very "Laura."

But Michael? FLOPPED with his video-ho fashions. I mean...dude has always had pretty good taste but the "street safari" look/concept =

At least he's dating Brandy. And people LUH that dude to death.

So...do any of the four have a future in the biz?

• all four of them do.

• Yeah, I hated necktat, but his shit was the best; michael flopped.

in a sign of how little i care about this season, i spent most of the episode on the floor finishing that loooong clinton profile from the Sept. 21 New Yorker. Now THAT was entertaining...

Yeah, I hated necktat, but his shit was the best; michael flopped.

in a sign of how little i care about this season, i spent most of the episode on the floor finishing that loooong clinton profile from the Sept. 21 New Yorker. Now THAT was entertaining...

I like Remnick's profile though, at times, it did feel juuuuuuust a lil "East Coast liberal elite slobber job" to me. Or maybe Clinton REALLY is that charismatic.

Personally, I thought this was a very solid season. The new challenges were inventive and interesting (the mom challenge = genius) and personality-wise, I don't think it was any less volatile than previous seasons have been.

BTW, here's yesterday's Houston Chron piece on the show: "Good TV but not Good Fashion"
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/4266225.html

• I didn't find the characters nearly as compelling as last season. oh well.

I thought Remnick's article came across as glowing at times, and at other times a very soft indictment of Clinton's egomania and overall chesiness. then again, he was preaching to the choir with me.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Ulee wuz robbed!