NBA OFF SEASON-What It Be Like!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anthony "Magik" Johnson to Dallas. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

He Is kinda slow though, but he's a great backup. I'm gonna miss him.

• parenparen 537 Posts

i feel quite okay about this. just finalize the harrington deal already. worry about guards later.

• Anthony "Magik" Johnson to Dallas. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

i feel quite okay about this. just finalize the harrington deal already. worry about guards later.

You should. Both Mavs/Indie deals were "win/win". Y'all got some great young talent in Daniels, Powell and Marshall. The Mavs get tougher w/ veteran savvy. Anthony Johnson was fucking nails in the playoffs this year and now he plays for us.

What up Western Conference? Y'all are letting the reigning conference champs have their way in the offseason. What west team is gonna fuck with:

Dirk
    JET
    Josh
    Devin
    Diop
    Stack
    G Buckner
    Ant Johnson
    Dampier
    Mbenga
    Croshere
    Ager -- very solid rookie, ready to play

Mavs are not resting on their laurels. Tony Cubes, re-do the General's contract please.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Nugs got rid of tired ass Eisley and 2 future second round picks for J.R. Smith. Good move for Denver, not sure if this is exactly what we need, but a shooting guard is definitely one of the answers. We didn't have a lot to work with really. But with Smith, Melo's still able to lead the team and have a good young shooter on the perimeter. It's a step in the right direction for the Nugs. The kid could turn out to be pretty nasty in the next few years.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not like anybody's really checking for Sixers news besides the Iverson situation, but who does John Salmons think he's kidding? (Nobody but himself)

Updated: July 22, 2006, 1:38 AM ET
    Associated Press
    Salmons nixes sign-and-trade deal with Raptors[/b]

TORONTO -- John Salmons backed out of a sign-and-trade deal that would have sent the swingman from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Toronto Raptors, the Toronto Star reported Saturday.

"Upon reviewing the basketball situation in Toronto, John decided it's not the best fit for him," Salmons' agent, Joel Bell, said a statement released Friday. "In a very stressful and tough decision, he decided he could not accept the opportunity to play for the Raptors, even though he was excited about the prospect of being in Toronto."

Raptors officials, who thought they had agreed with Salmons on a $23 million, five-year deal as part of a sign-and-trade transaction for a 2007 second-round draft pick, were surprised when he pulled out.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out, I wish him the best," Toronto president and general manager Bryan Colangelo said.

The 6-foot-6 swingman has few options. After he turned down an offer from the Phoenix Suns to supposedly sign with Toronto, a qualifying offer given him by the Sixers was rescinded Thursday. He now has no guaranteed deal anywhere for next season.[/b]

Like I said earlier - Al Harrington is not a must. The Pacers has enuff Forwards.
    Granger has SF on lock unless O'neal moves to the pivot.

Oneal
    Granger
    Harrington
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels

or

Harrison/Foster
    O'Neal
    Granger
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels

feel quite okay about this. just finalize the harrington deal already. worry about guards later.
    Like I said earlier - Al Harrington is not a must. The Pacers has enuff Forwards.

Oneal
    Granger
    Harrington
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels
    or
    Harrison/Foster
    O'Neal
    Granger
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels

Looks like it will happen

Not like anybody's really checking for Sixers news besides the Iverson situation, but who does John Salmons think he's kidding? (Nobody but himself)

Apparently, he's kidding the Maloof Brothers:

Tuesday, July 25, 2006
    Kings sign guard Salmons to reported $25.5M deal[/b]
    ESPN.com news services

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Guard John Salmons signed a multiyear contract with the Sacramento Kings on Monday after four seasons with Philadelphia.

The Sacramento Bee reported that the contract Salmons signed is for five years and $25.5 million.

Salmons averaged 7.5 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists for the 76ers last season, playing all 82 games. The 6-foot-7 swingman has been a steady contributor in Philadelphia, and the Kings could use him at three positions next season.

"We feel he's still an emerging player in the NBA," said Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations. "He'll add to the youth and overall skill level of our backcourt."

The Kings also signed two rookie free agents who excelled on their summer league team: Guard Pooh Jeter and center Justin Williams.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pooh Jeter

greatest name evar

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Apparently, he's kidding the Maloof Brothers:

Tuesday, July 25, 2006
    Kings sign guard Salmons to reported $25.5M deal[/b]
    ESPN.com news services

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Guard John Salmons signed a multiyear contract with the Sacramento Kings on Monday after four seasons with Philadelphia.

The Sacramento Bee reported that the contract Salmons signed is for five years and $25.5 million.

Salmons averaged 7.5 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists for the 76ers last season, playing all 82 games. The 6-foot-7 swingman has been a steady contributor in Philadelphia, and the Kings could use him at three positions next season.

"We feel he's still an emerging player in the NBA," said Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations. "He'll add to the youth and overall skill level of our backcourt."

The Kings also signed two rookie free agents who excelled on their summer league team: Guard Pooh Jeter and center Justin Williams.

i dont know what game films they looked at, but i watched him play dozens of games as a sixer and really...he sucks. terrible outside shooter. mediocre ballhandler. average defensive player. $25 million!

feel quite okay about this. just finalize the harrington deal already. worry about guards later.

Oneal
    Granger
    Harrington
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels
    or
    Harrison/Foster
    O'Neal
    Granger
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels

Looks like it WONT happen!!!

Oneal
    Granger
    Harrington
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels
    or
    Harrison/Foster
    O'Neal
    Granger
    Jackson/Daniels
    Tinsley/Daniels

• Hey all you G-State Warriors fans, how you feelin' about the return of "Nellieball"?

I say he gets y'all to at least "serious playoff contention" in the first year.

The key will be for him to build a relationship w/ the often sullen and moody yet mega-talented Baron Davis.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Hey all you G-State Warriors fans, how you feelin' about the return of "Nellieball"?

I say he gets y'all to at least "serious playoff contention" in the first year.

The key will be for him to build a relationship w/ the often sullen and moody injured yet mega-talented Baron Davis.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As a long time Warriors fan I am all for this move. I have plenty of problems with Nellie's style, but for a young and very VERY struggling franchise he is just what the doctored ordered for Golden State. He will repair the offense and get the best out of a lot of the young players (as long as they're not big men). It will be a revival, and at least get the franchise headed in the right direction for however long he lasts.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    B. Diddy used to be one of my favorite players. He has crazy natural abilities and instincts, but he's not the most well-conditioned athlete. With age, it's gonna be tougher for him to stay dominant and uninjured. I don't know about the rest of the warriors, but J. Rich needs to develop his game.

I don't know about the rest of the warriors, but J. Rich needs to develop his game.

Jason Richardson averaged: PPG 23.2, RPG 5.80, APG 3.1 last season as a guard.

Which department(s) do you see (realistic) room for improvement in?

I don't know about the rest of the warriors, but J. Rich needs to develop his game.

Is that getting the team into the playoffs or making them a Western Conference force?

Is that getting the team into the playoffs or making them a Western Conference force?

Sure, but from those stats it looks like J. Rich is pulling his individual weight. It's the rest of the cast that still hasn't memorized their lines.

Maybe it's just me getting older and more cynical, but I do see a reason why there's the NBA Development League now. There's only a handful of players I'd really like to pay to see...Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudamire, Jason Terry, Tony Parker...

or maybe i'm just slowly starting to lose interest in the game.

I have a few questions for yall:

Who finds the Basketball World Championships to be exciting at all? (I'm gonna watch the Argentina game though).

Who thinks Carmelo Anthony will win a championship?

Am I just bitter about everything because the Lakers aren't a title contender?

There's only a handful of players I'd really like to pay to see...Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudamire, Jason Terry, Tony Parker...

Sure, but from those stats it looks like J. Rich is pulling his individual weight. It's the rest of the cast that still hasn't memorized their lines.

In which case, it's the owners who don't have enough money to acquire the right players or patience to develop their players into all-around talents, or just don't know how to build a championship franchise. blah.

In which case, it's the owners who don't have enough money to acquire the right players or patience to develop their players into all-around talents, or just don't know how to build a championship franchise. blah.

I'm just sayin'...you singled out Rich as the one on the team who needed to step his game up. I think he's one of the few who actually has been.

There's only a handful of players I'd really like to pay to see...Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudamire, Jason Terry, Tony Parker...

Well I mean, I saw him once at Staples last year, when he came back from his suspension to drop 48, but yea, blah.

I just don't like to talk about the Warriors and their demise! I gets me in a depressed mood.

I just don't like to talk about the Warriors and their demise! I gets me in a depressed mood.

I'm excited for this move. Nellie is one of my favorite coaches in the L.
    Ever since he put Brad Lohaus at Shooting Guard while coaching the Knicks, I love his offensive tinkering. Lohaus was a 6'10/11" Power Foward that had a jumpshot. Don Nelson is one of Basketball free-thinkers, who built that DALLAS team into a 50+Wins franchise. Underappreciated while in DUMBASS New York w/ the "win now" bullshit(media&FANS). Chris Mullin & Them are going to finally turn the corner after years of hope.

Oh yeah, Jason Richardson isnt the problem.

The problem with the Warriors are the following:

1) A never ending cast of coaches going in and out. Average stay is only 2 years

2) Lack of leadership from any player

3) Big contracts for mediocre players

The problem with the Warriors are the following:

1) A never ending cast of coaches going in and out. Average stay is only 2 years

2) Lack of leadership from any player

3) Big contracts for mediocre players

Doesn't make his teamates better.

I'm hoping Nelson will turn him around. If there's ever been a point guard's coach its him.

I'm hoping Nelson will turn him around. If there's ever been a point FORWARD's coach its him.

I look to Nellie to put the ball in someone elses hands and to let Davis shoot away. He had the luxury of Nash in Dallas, and I dont see Davis changing his Marbury mentality at this point in his career.