NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    and yelling racist shit at courtside Cubans."

huh?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

huh?

"During a game against Phoenix that season [2000], Williams launched a verbal tirade on an Asian fan who taunted him. "I will shoot all you Asian mother*******," said Williams while imitating machine gun fire. "Do you remember the Vietnam War? I'll kill y'all just like that. Just like Pearl Harbor, do you remember that?"

link

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

huh?

"During a game against Phoenix that season [2000], Williams launched a verbal tirade on an Asian fan who taunted him. "I will shoot all you Asian mother*******," said Williams while imitating machine gun fire. "Do you remember the Vietnam War? I'll kill y'all just like that. Just like Pearl Harbor, do you remember that?"

link

C'mon, what does that have to do w/ this series? Why dig this shit up?
    Its has nothin to do w/ his mediocre game.

huh?

link

C'mon, what does that have to do w/ this series? Why dig this shit up?
    Its has nothin to do w/ his mediocre game.

It's got nothing to do with the series. Dude made a comment about Jason Williams "going off" next game, and I joked that for Williams, "going off" means missing a bunch of pull-up threes and yelling weird racist shit at fans.

As far as the series goes...has Williams mattered at all yet?

NO. And KVH continues to wish upon a star that he'll have a 30pt/13ass/7rbs/3stl/3blk/1trnovr game.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

NO. And KVH continues to wish upon a star that he'll have a 30pt/13ass/7rbs/3stl/3blk/1trnovr game.

i think miami fans have been pleased with his playoff performance. the heat don't run the ball so his strengths (passing in the open court, leading the break) aren't being utilized.

those asian comments were pretty harsh. jwill is from west virginia so it doesn't surprise me though. also, as much as i disapprove of his comments, i have no sympathy for all these fans who pay top dollar for courtside seats and, as a result, feel like it is their privilege to taunt the players. i remember when barkley got demonized for spitting at a fan (he missed and hit a little girl). when the adrenaline is flowing and some rowdy asshole won't stop yelling in your ear (because literally some of these courtside seats are THAT close), i don't blame the players for going off. again, this obviously doesn't excuse racial slurs. he should have thrown a pie at him.

• we need an "ass-hurt" graemlin with the quickness.

lamer.

RELAX DUDES.

The refs were giving Wade alot of calls. Thats expected for two reasons, Home court advantage and the NBA would like to see the series go at least 6 games. A sweep would not be a good look, especially w/Shaq on the bill. This shit is entertainment.
    Whatever.

Who's thw MVP so far? I cant tell.

lol. I know. Wade's a beast. Hopefully he won't be such a beast as to have his team win the series. At least Drewn knows a lil' about what I'm talkin about w/ the "drama queen" stuff. Just tryin to inject some life into this thread.

JW?? JW?? Why are we still talking about him? He's the defensive equivalent of a sex rag and shows up for about 8 minutes a game.

Let's go!! Ready for Game Fo'!!!

• iverson is a superhero. he weighs 165 lbs, gets pummeled in the lane every night, and rarely misses a game (never an important one). wade isn't as fragile as AI, but he still gets his share of hard fouls...and he's a little guy compared to the dudes who he meets in the post (and sometimes dunks over).

mavs fans are jealous because they don't have a likeable team or player like wade. Dirk is great, but he's close to 7ft tall, hardly the underdog. aside from him, they don't have a superstar, nor anyone worth cheering for (maybe terry, but definitely not stackhouse - the king of selfish basketball).

look for big things from jason williams tonite. miami gets the win.

What's not to like about the Mavs? Personal preference and bias aside, they play a great brand of "team" basketball, have a coach you can't help but love and can play any style. I think that statement is pretty ludicrous.

"Don't have a player like Wade?" Uh, yeah, we got one better. There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game. There are no 7 footers in the league that have the versatility of Dirk.

I hear you on Stackhouse though, and I cursed him many a time during the regular season. He's nails though and brings the toughness. Yeah, he has his 1-9 games, but he usually matches that with a game like G2, so for better or worse, I'll take him. And root for him.

There are no 7 footers in the league that have the versatility of Dirk.

Kevin Garnet.

Dirk is a true star now. And the NBA loves having a successful caucasoid to market.

he should have thrown a pie at him.

Now THAT I would like to see! Just all of a sudden turn around and whap the guy in the face with a cream pie. Sweet (pun somewhat intended).

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I just think it's funny that a guy named keithvanhorn is on here who primarily posts in the NBA thread.

I just think it's funny that a guy named keithvanhorn is on here who primarily posts in the NBA thread.

I recall seeing a guy on another board with the screen name Contantine Popa. That took me back to some crazy Big East basketball.

If I had to have a basketball screen name, I'd be either Chuck Nevitt or Alan Ogg.

• There are no 7 footers in the league that have the versatility of Dirk.

Kevin Garnet.

Dirk is a true star now. And the NBA loves having a successful caucasoid to market.

KG? Who is that?

Dirk obviously doesn't the all-around game of KG (I'm thinking of passing and defense), but Dirk's offense is *significantly* better, more consistent, more dangerous.

• I just think it's funny that a guy named keithvanhorn is on here who primarily posts in the NBA thread.

I recall seeing a guy on another board with the screen name Contantine Popa. That took me back to some crazy Big East basketball.

If I had to have a basketball screen name, I'd be either Chuck Nevitt or Alan Ogg.

Dwayne Schintzius! Danny Shayes!

Man, naming off bad NBA big men is (seriously), hours and hours of fun.

That one went to (one of) my high school.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Discuss: How much of a drama queen is Dianne Wade?

I'm saying, on a scale of 1 - 10.....48.

• Discuss: How much of a drama queen is Dianne Wade?

haha. "Stop Cryin about havin the flu for 2 weeks!"

Dwayne Schintzius! Danny Shayes!

Man, naming off bad NBA big men is (seriously), hours and hours of fun.

That one went to (one of) my high school.

Oh snap, Schintzius! And Benoit Benjamin! There's 14-plus feet of scrub right there. I gotta give a special shout to Jon Koncak as well--he even got a term named after him:

Koncak[/b] (con-kak) n. 1) A ridiculously overpriced contract for a not-very-good player. v. 2) To induce a team into signing a Koncak. ex: "Jim McIlvane Koncaked the Sonics for $35 million over 5 years."

get drafted by the NBA and play the finals with the flu and get back to me.

Okay, so does that now mean that no one can critique records on here that hasn't made a record?

Besides...I *did* play in the NBA....I AM ROBERT TRAYLOR!!!!!

"I got a sinus infection"....sniff, sniff......

Okay, so does that now mean that no one can critique records on here that hasn't made a record?

lol. you aren't critiquing basketball. you were name-calling one of the best players in the league. if dirk had the flu and said something about it, you'd be rushing to his mansion with a bucket of chicken soup. c'mon now...

lol. you aren't critiquing basketball. you were name-calling one of the best players in the league. if dirk had the flu and said something about it, you'd be rushing to his mansion with a bucket of chicken soup. c'mon now...

DIRK HAS THE FLU? OH SHIT!!! CAN I DONATE BONE MARROW???????

We are playing his team in the finals...gimme some leeway to have a lil' fun hurr......I'll give props and all that after the series.

ps- i ain't even mad, i'm routing for the mavs. i just want to see a decent series.

DIRK HAS THE FLU? OH SHIT!!! CAN I DONATE BONE MARROW???????

We are playing his team in the finals...gimme some leeway to have a lil' fun hurr......I'll give props and all that after the series.

lol @ bone marrow donation

i feel you, have your fun, but i mean your team is looking great right now, not a lot of need to talk shit... game 4 should be a good one.

• Just sos y'all know I'm not making this stuff up.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2485042

"D-WADE

It actually makes sense, at least to me, that Wade played out his finest hour after Shaquille O'Neal fell backward into his little buddy's left knee.

Why?

Wade loves to be hurt.

Loves it like Allen Iverson.

Stein Line theory: Wade plays better when he's hurt and he loves for everyone to know that he's playing hurt.

It's his thing.

This was confirmed in a recent SportsCenter Sunday Conversation, when Wade revealed that he wanted that Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight theme for his shoe commercials as much as anyone."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game.

A concrete example of how you lose credibility.

Get on my level.

• There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game.

Get on my level.

What level is that? Critiquing games you haven't seen?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game.

Get on my level.

i watched the game.

get on my level.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Whoever typed this idiocy needs to go back to the lab and come tighter.

• There are a lot of shot-jacking, turning the ball over two guards in this league that are a butt-hair away from D Wade's game.

Whoever typed this idiocy needs to go back to the lab and come tighter.

Oh snap! Another b-ball scientist weighs in.

That'd be me.

D Wade in this series =

Game 1 11/25 with 5 TOs
    Game 2 6/19 with 4 TOs
    Game 3 14/26 with 1 TOs (can't front on that one)

I bet he shoots sub 50% with at least 4 TOs tonight.

How much better is D Wade than these following players: Gil Arenas, AI, Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Rip Hamilton, J Rich?? How would those players fare if they were playing 2 guard for the Heat with Shaq?

Get on my level.

i watched the game.

get on my level.