NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

1101112131416»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    NBA is long though. Camps will be open in about 14 weeks.

i
    cannot
    wait

GOING TO PHX THIS YEAR TO SEE PHX
    SCHITT YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    [color:red]

BREAKING NEWS:

[/color]
    Brown out in New York.

Isiah takes reins as head coach.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jason Williams
    Derek Anderson
    Shandon Anderson
    Micheal Doleac.........

............got rings!!!

• Batmon, how dare you forget......................JASON KAPONO!!!!!!

Batmon, how dare you forget......................JASON KAPONO!!!!!!

LOL,

But those other cats besides Doleac were gettin some hype when they first joined the L.

D.Anderson was placed on team Jordan
    S.Anderson was pretty good w/ Utah
    J.Williams was White Chocolate
    M.Doleac was a Knick benchwarmer

This is the kind of experience that this young Dallas team needed to help them in the future.

I think you need an inside scoring presence to go along w/ all those jumpshooters. Your three headed center by committee, is only a reb/def threat. Y'all need a 13-16 pts banger. Just to keep the defense honest.

What kind of changes would you like to see in the off-season? GP.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

What kind of changes would you like to see in the off-season?

Two words....

Kevin Garnett!!!!!!!

Two words....

Kevin Garnett!!!!!!!

I actually was gonna suggest that. But does that mean Double Power Forward? And will tha Timberwolves put him in Dallas or next to KOBE or DUNCAN or BRAND.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Two words....

Kevin Garnett!!!!!!!

I actually was gonna suggest that. But does that mean Double Power Forward? And will tha Timberwolves put him in Dallas or next to KOBE or DUNCAN or BRAND.

Not sure if the Timberwolves have any say in the matter....I believe he is a FA.

The inside/outside game that a Garnett/Dirk team would bring would be unstoppable.

The inside/outside game that a Garnett/Dirk team would bring would be unstoppable.

True but Dirk is still needs to post up more.

• This is the kind of experience that this young Dallas team needed to help them in the future.

I think you need an inside scoring presence to go along w/ all those jumpshooters. Your three headed center by committee, is only a reb/def threat. Y'all need a 13-16 pts banger. Just to keep the defense honest.

What kind of changes would you like to see in the off-season? GP.

I agree w/ yr inside presence suggestion completely. My only question is: who are those guys? There just aren't many of them in the league. Shaq, Big Z, Kaman....who else? Magloire used to be there but he regressed badly. Same w/ Nazr Mohammed.

The Mavs are going to have to be real $$-smart in the offseason, especially if they want to keep JET. Josh needs to be extended, and so does Dirk. Those 3 players represent major cashola. Their only marketable commodity is Stack who will be on his last year at 7/8 mil, and he can still get you 15-18 ppg.

I think the Mavs at the very least need a good backup PF. Someone in the mold of Odom, Tim thomas, Abdur-Rahim that can play the 5 on occasion against teams like the Suns who want to go small.

For better or worse, I believe in the young core the Mavs currently have. They will have to grow stronger and smarter w/ their seasoning and bust through that final hurdle that ended up eluding them. It's obvious now that Avery has room to grow as well.

Honestly, I really feel the Mavs lost that series with their offense. As Avery said "we fell in love with the jumpshot". sure Wade GOT OFF, but if the Mavs coulda shot their normal 45-46% instead of the 41-42% they did shoot, they woulda won that series. This is where your big man would help, Batmon. With our current crop of offense-deficient centers, the Mavs cannot make teams pay for doubling Dirk w/ their big. No team fears Diop and Damp on the offensive end.

Another route would be "add a 2nd star". JET is not consistent enough w/ his scoring. He's streaky. Josh *could* be that star. His ceiling is high.

Yes, KG would be sick, but I can't waste time dreaming about that.....

Was that long enough for ya? Sorry.

• The inside/outside game that a Garnett/Dirk team would bring would be unstoppable.

True but Dirk is still needs to post up more.

He does, no doubt.

Still, I think in the playoffs, he HAD been going to the paint a lot. Late in the Spurs series and also in the Suns series. I really think the whole Mavs team got scared to go inside after the first two games. Shaq elbowed like 3 fools and bloodied Stack's nose. Zo was blocking every fucking thing in site. Let's not forget to give credit to the interior defense of the Heat, which was pretty nasty in that series.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    KG IN LA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOS ANGELES WOULD BE ECSTATIC ABOUT KG IN LA. I could already envision it, #3 in the West in no time.

Indiana is the media fav but y'all still shouldn't sleep on Miami. I cant stand
    the Heat but If Walker fits in.................damn.

• KG IN LA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOS ANGELES WOULD BE ECSTATIC ABOUT KG IN LA. I could already envision it, #3 in the West in no time.

I was listening to a Kobe interview on local espn radio and he mentioned KG and himself have always been friendly and he would liketo see KG in LA. I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years ever since shaq went bye bye.

I was listening to a Kobe interview on local espn radio and he mentioned KG and himself have always been friendly and he would liketo see KG in LA. I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years ever since shaq went bye bye.

Staples is gonna be rockin' if this happens. KG will be EMBRACED...and that shit is an understatement. yea, i've read that also, and even if it's a long shot, i'm crossing my fingers on this. you know he's looking to win and the Lakers are a great organization to be with.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Staples is gonna be rockin' if this happens. KG will be EMBRACED...and that shit is an understatement. yea, i've read that also, and even if it's a long shot, i'm crossing my fingers on this. you know he's looking to win and the Lakers are a great organization to be with.

Well, I think it's safe to say that KG will be EMBRACED pretty much anywhere he goes. What team wouldn't want a guy like him,

Well, I think it's safe to say that KG will be EMBRACED pretty much anywhere he goes. What team wouldn't want a guy like him,

I can bet money, you Golden State folks will start hating on KG if he moves to LA. LOL

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Watch out for Golden State with Larry Brown at the helm!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

here's to second place