NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Mmmmmm...and I am talking about chicken (fried steak) and gravy, mang.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Riley hasn't won a ring since... ??? Johnson hasn't won A ring!!

you're crazy... I actually LIKE your team.... I am just adding to the conversation so this is not just one big Mavs slobfest... jesus... nevermind dude. Go have your coronary off chicken fried steak and a Heat win.

Sorry Johnny Paycheck.....just a little fired up this AM!!

Aren't we blessed with this reply after every semi-kinda-sorta anti-Mavs post??

It occured to me this morning that Dallas actually has the possibility of sweeping this series.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Uhm so what happened to Josh Howard putting the ice on Wade???????

Jonny....I know these games run late on the East Coast but did you see the 4th Quarter??

Actually good call I was asleep at that point. Late game + beer = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gene sall good but damn dude... I'm rooting for the Mavs.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

you're crazy... I actually LIKE your team.... I am just adding to the conversation so this is not just one big Mavs slobfest... jesus... nevermind dude. Go have your coronary off chicken fried steak and a Heat win.

It occured to me this morning that Dallas actually has the possibility of sweeping this series.

WHAT!!!!! How dare you say this!!!! Do you know ANYTHING about basketball???

Oh....wait...."sweeping" is a good thing right??

Nevermind

Go Mavs!!

I also wasn't watching Howard and Wade too much though because I was looking at all the STRONG CHEST PASSES from white chocolate!

Can someone out there please find a photo of the Godzilla w/ Nowitzki jersey vs. King Kong w/Shaq jersey that apparently took place as part of the pre-game show last night??

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Mavs' 10 man rotation is going to run the Heat off the court. The Heat were actually keeping up with the Mavs until the final 4-5 minutes or so then they got stuck in mud and couldn't make anything.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I also wasn't watching Howard and Wade too much though because I was looking at all the STRONG CHEST PASSES from white chocolate!

good one! wait, what compelled you to start talking in NBA threads again?

by the way i don't see how "strong chest passes" is remotely funny.

• Riley hasn't won a ring since... ??? Johnson hasn't won A ring!!

How perceptive of you to notice.

Fan aka short for "fanatical". I haven't been down for the whole 26 years of the Mavs, but I moved to Dallas in 1990 and graduated HS there. Since Cuban bought the team and Nowitzki arrived, it seems we've always "on the cusp". My two best friends from HS live here too, and we've watched and sweated and gripped and griped for five years as the Kings had our number and we were barely in the Spurs league, much less the Lakers dynasty of the times. Listening to Barkley and JET Smith gloss us (correctly) as "soft" and "no defense". Listening to SAS and Legler and Bucher et al dismiss us out of hand. And usually they were right, whether I wanted to admit it or not. Well finally, Avery came along, the blossom of Dirk's game opened up, and a flexible roster of athletes and bigs was put together and we are on the precipice of greatness. So yea, darnit, I'm overprotective and I guess "sensitive" to a seeming rundown of the Mavs, because this is supposed to be the payback year where the whole NBA world is supposed to say "you know waht, the Mavs are the shit". I'm just trying to ensure that happens, which is a folly unto itself, I know. Like I said, fan aka "fanatical". THere is no explanation for listening to sports radio all day at work for the last month, for reading every shred of coverage I can find on the Net and for berating my online "buddies" for having a divergent opinion. It's pretty silly, just like the over-esteem of sports in general, but it's what I do.

Drewn, at least agree that a lot fo what was said on SS about the Mavs ever since I started yapping back in November has been proven by the Mavs to be wrong.

• Uhm so what happened to Josh Howard putting the ice on Wade???????

Jonny....I know these games run late on the East Coast but did you see the 4th Quarter??

Actually good call I was asleep at that point. Late game + beer = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cool. Point taken.

JP I give you props man. You never really had a dog in the whole playoff fight, but you've been able to discuss with knowledge the whole damn shebang, EC and WC playoffs. It's obvious you are more than a casual fan.

Uhm so what happened to Josh Howard putting the ice on Wade???????

Cool. Point taken.

JP I give you props man. You never really had a dog in the whole playoff fight, but you've been able to discuss with knowledge the whole damn shebang, EC and WC playoffs. It's obvious you are more than a casual fan.

I'm just trying to prove my worth to Yuichi

I tried out for Freshman squad

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can someone out there please find a photo of the Godzilla w/ Nowitzki jersey vs. King Kong w/Shaq jersey that apparently took place as part of the pre-game show last night??

That's some bad racial profiling right thurr. If anything, they should have flipped that, with Dirk as King Kong, dude is hairy. Plus, you know Godzilla would have terrible free throw shooting with those tiny arms.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent been able to chime in on this.
    Some cats are making some real kneejerk predictions on here after game 1........

I know alot of your were straight shook in the first half when Dallas looked real shakey.
    Dallas' bench out played Miami's bench. No one shut down Wade, dont get it twisted, Dallas' team D disrupted the Heat offense.
    Talkin's sweep is crazy.

What gonna happen when Dirk and Howard do have good games? Dallas won without them!!!
    Terry cant sustain that level of play for a whole series, and he probably wont be asked to. Dirk was just being overplayed by the Heat, so he took advantage.

Adjustments will be made.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

How perceptive of you to notice.

Fan aka short for "fanatical". I haven't been down for the whole 26 years of the Mavs, but I moved to Dallas in 1990 and graduated HS there. Since Cuban bought the team and Nowitzki arrived, it seems we've always "on the cusp". My two best friends from HS live here too, and we've watched and sweated and gripped and griped for five years as the Kings had our number and we were barely in the Spurs league, much less the Lakers dynasty of the times. Listening to Barkley and JET Smith gloss us (correctly) as "soft" and "no defense". Listening to SAS and Legler and Bucher et al dismiss us out of hand. And usually they were right, whether I wanted to admit it or not. Well finally, Avery came along, the blossom of Dirk's game opened up, and a flexible roster of athletes and bigs was put together and we are on the precipice of greatness. So yea, darnit, I'm overprotective and I guess "sensitive" to a seeming rundown of the Mavs, because this is supposed to be the payback year where the whole NBA world is supposed to say "you know waht, the Mavs are the shit". I'm just trying to ensure that happens, which is a folly unto itself, I know. Like I said, fan aka "fanatical". THere is no explanation for listening to sports radio all day at work for the last month, for reading every shred of coverage I can find on the Net and for berating my online "buddies" for having a divergent opinion. It's pretty silly, just like the over-esteem of sports in general, but it's what I do.

Good info, you sound just as passionate about the Mavs as I am the Pistons.

Drewn, at least agree that a lot fo what was said on SS about the Mavs ever since I started yapping back in
    November has been proven by the Mavs to be wrong.

Yes, I agree. I did not know they had it in them, especially earlier on in the season. But, their coaching and overall game has taken hits and gotten back up many times since then.

Godzilla would have terrible free throw shooting with those tiny arms.

Genius!!

• I havent been able to chime in on this.
    Some cats are making some real kneejerk predictions on here after game 1........

I know alot of your were straight shook in the first half when Dallas looked real shakey.
    Dallas' bench out played Miami's bench. No one shut down Wade, dont get it twisted, Dallas' team D disrupted the Heat offense.
    Talkin's sweep is crazy.

What gonna happen when Dirk and Howard do have good games? Dallas won without them!!!
    Terry cant sustain that level of play for a whole series, and he probably wont be asked to. Dirk was just being overplayed by the Heat, so he took advantage.

Adjustments will be made.

I don't think Riley has the pieces to make adjustments. That's a 7/8 man team tops. The Mavs threw some looks at Wade. I really think it goes five at most.

I really think it goes five at most.

• I really think it goes five at most.

Heheh. We'll see.

Batmon, I take it you like the Heat tonight?

Heheh. We'll see.

Yes I do.

I'm just a little cautious in making outright predictions after any game one. Cats thought the Spurs wouldnt go 6 games and look what happened.

Keep your enthusiam dogs, but dont let it make ya blind, n=know what im sayin.

Would u like to change my avatar when this is done?

Heheh. We'll see.

Yes I do.

I'm just a little cautious in making outright predictions after any game one. Cats thought the Spurs wouldnt go 6 games and look what happened.

Keep your enthusiam dogs, but dont let it make ya blind, n=know what im sayin.

Nah....you're avatar is embarrassing enough as it is!!

LOL,

What's your take for tonight. If Dallas goes up 2- zip,then I'll be throwin in the towel......

LOL,

What's your take for tonight. If Dallas goes up 2- zip,then I'll be throwin in the towel......

I expect 50% of the Heat's plays to go through Shaq.....If Dirk and Josh have their "normal" games it's gonna be tough for Miami to win.....and if they go down 2-0 it's only gonna go 5!!

Here's what WON'T happen tonight

Shaq will NOT shoot below 50% on the FT line

Alonzo Mourning will NOT sit on the bench as much as he did last game

Devin Harris will NOT play as out of control as he did in Game 1

Diop/Damp will NOT last the whole game, one/both will foul out

Jason Terry will NOT score 30+ points....he won't have to.

Dwayne Wade will NOT block one of Dirk's shots

Miami will NOT score 30+ points in the first quarter like they did in Game 1

I just wish the NBA would get their heads out of their asses and play these games on Saturday instead of Sunday.!!!!

• Well, this Mavs team has earned my confidence. Givin how far they've come and the doubters they've disproven, I'm going to believe what I have seen so far and be a little cocky and confident about this series.

I think the Mavs win tonight despite a big Shaq effort, and probably a big D Wade one too.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As long as the games go the pace of Game 1 the Heat will lose. Almost the whole game was at Dallas' speed. The Heat can't win like that. Shaq only took 11 shots. Walker took 19. The Heat bench also only contributed 2 points.

The Heat bench also only contributed 2 points.

In the 2nd quarter and 4th quarters are when Dallas made their runs. Dallas bench kills the Heat bench.

• The Heat bench also only contributed 2 points.

In the 2nd quarter and 4th quarters are when Dallas made their runs. Dallas bench kills the Heat bench.

Agreed. Dallas held the Heat to 13 in Q2 and 12 in Q4. 24-2 was the bench stats.

The Heat bench also only contributed 2 points.

Agreed. Dallas held the Heat to 13 in Q2 and 12 in Q4. 24-2 was the bench stats.

Posey,Payton,and Zo have to contribute. Derek Anderson should see some light just to counter Dallas' depth.

• The Heat bench also only contributed 2 points.

Posey,Payton,and Zo have to contribute. Derek Anderson should see some light just to counter Dallas' depth.

I been wondering if either of the Anderson brosses are gonna see the floor. I'm thinking: no.

Playoff memory: Remember Juwan Howard (mavs) injuring Derek Anderson on a hard foul in the Spurs/Mavs WC Semifinal in 2001?

Anyone been watchin the Finals marathon on ESPN Classic this weekend?

• Most of the Dallas media is centered on Game 2 being a big "Shaq game". It is predicted he will get more touches, more shots and he is expected to bring maximum effort, something that was in question after his Game 1 performance. We'll see how Dallas deals with all this. I'm starting to get antsy.

Most of the Dallas media is centered on Game 2 being a big "Shaq game". It is predicted he will get more touches, more shots and he is expected to bring maximum effort, something that was in question after his Game 1 performance. We'll see how Dallas deals with all this. I'm starting to get antsy.

I think the role players on both teams will have to decide the outcome.

Both Dirk and Shaq had subpar games.