NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

not sure why payton was in at the end of the game

Clutch shots. Payton made a real big bucket in the final minute or so, whereas Williams had been spotty in previous games.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    i missed the game, but judging from the box score it looks like shaq continues to suck. 16 points and 7 turnovers.

not sure why payton was in at the end of the game, it looks like jason williams had another solid performance.

Jason Williams does very little for the Heat. He basically brings the ball up court and then passes it from above the 3 point line. He very rarely creates any shots for others or drives to the basket. It's just the nature of the offense the Heat is running. He's just as streaky as ever with his shot as well, and his 3-point shooting is horrible this post-season at around 24%. I think it was game 2 where he missed about 3 or 4 layups as well. His defense is also crap. Jason Terry can score on him almost any time he wants. For all of those reasons, he rarely gets PT towards the end of games.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Clutch shots. Payton made a real big bucket in the final minute or so, whereas Williams had been spotty in previous games.

THAT WAS A VETERAN SHOT. he knew he had time for a pump fake, didn't rush it, and splash.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts

THAT WAS A VETERAN SHOT. he knew he had time for a pump fake, didn't rush it, and splash.

Yeah, that was a timely damn shot by Payton, I guarantee you give him that shot again and he misses it. Anyway, Dallas still lead the series 2-1 and remember the last 2 game of this series is in Dallas. Miami still looked very bad (20 TO's) and still little production from the bench, how long do think Wade (injury and all) will be able to keep this up? He nor Shaq can do it alone.

BTW, I going for Dallas. They will take Game 4...

Yeah, that was a timely damn shot by Payton, I guarantee you give him that shot again and he misses it.

GTFOOHWTBS..... Yuichi is right, balls-of-steel shot and that is EXACTLY why he was in the game.... dude is clutch like that.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yeah, that was a timely damn shot by Payton, I guarantee you give him that shot again and he misses it.

GTFOOHWTBS..... Yuichi is right, balls-of-steel shot and that is EXACTLY why he was in the game.... dude is clutch like that.

In fact, Riley was in such a hurry to put Payton in that he almost disrupted the momentum between Haslem's first and second free throw attempts during an awkward moment of hesitation as Gary started to walk from the scorer's table as a sub. It was a calculated move that definitely Payed off.

Shaq is still looking timid yo. Are the days when he used to plow through just about anything between him and the basket, long gone? If so, I have a newfound appreciation for his game, or what was.

Dallas is too big for D-Wade to carry the Heat by himself.

Dallas has better fluidity in their offense and defense. Finding the open man, collapsing on Shaq, guarding the passing lanes, movement without the ball, it's all going in favor of the Mavs.

This is still the Mav's series to lose. But I definitely would love to see the Heat pull out a win in game 4. To see if they really got heart. The Lakers/Sixers series is a good example of how, the result 4-1 didn't state how AI poured his soul onto the court and consequently won the respect of MANY. Up until then, everyone outside of Philly was talking about how he's a ball hog, his shooting percentage is low, yada yada. You talk about silencing the critics, yea that would be it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Shaq is still looking timid yo. Are the days when he used to plow through just about anything between him and the basket, long gone? If so, I have a newfound appreciation for his game, or what was.

I think part of that is the refs. I think it was the first round of the playoffs where Shaq was going for his power game and got into all kinds of foul trouble and had to sit on the bench for extended periods of time. After that series was over I saw an interview with Shaq on ESPN or TNT and he said he had to change his whole game plan around so he could play more. Ever since then he hasn't been as aggressive IMO.

• I don't know how much I agree with the "Payton in for his clutch shooting" theory...he was 0-7 for the series prior to that point. Great veteran play though. I would think it was most assuredly for his defense since the substitution play y'all mention is prior to the Heat goin back on D, and like Motown said, Dallas PGs can do whatever they want offensively against J Williams.

Props to the Heat. It's good for everyone except Mavs fans that the Heat won that game. They pretty much had to throw up a Herculean effort, get every single break there was to get to get their lil' two point win at home in the biggest game in that franchise's history. As Batmon likes to say, "Dallas had them shook" until six minutes remaining when the Mavs got away from their strengths and Miami used some great D and timely Wade offense to take the game. Still, I'm thinking if Dallas can put together more than a good quarter and a half, they can win games easily.

I think part of that is the refs. I think it was the first round of the playoffs where Shaq was going for his power game and got into all kinds of foul trouble and had to sit on the bench for extended periods of time. After that series was over I saw an interview with Shaq on ESPN or TNT and he said he had to change his whole game plan around so he could play more. Ever since then he hasn't been as aggressive IMO.

Although foul trouble (esp. on the offensive end) isn't anything new, his quickness and "second jump" obviously aren't as good as his championship years. I think that's the bottom line. That's why he's finding it hard to make adjustments.

Although foul trouble (esp. on the offensive end) isn't anything new, his quickness and "second jump" obviously aren't as good as his championship years. I think that's the bottom line. That's why he's finding it hard to make adjustments.

Word, I mean he was bricking even regular low post hooks that he used to make every time.

GP: as for Payton's clutch shooting... that's the thing about clutch shooting. The 0-7 doesn't matter, that shot last night did. I am certain that Riley had him in for that precise reason, finals pressure experience.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    Tomorrow's game is just as crucial for Miami as yesterday, if they lose 2morrow (and I pretty sure they will) and go down 3-1, it's OVA!

Word, I mean he was bricking even regular low post hooks that he used to make every time.

GP: as for Payton's clutch shooting... that's the thing about clutch shooting. The 0-7 doesn't matter, that shot last night did. I am certain that Riley had him in for that precise reason, finals pressure experience.

any newjack woulda fumbled that shot. come to think of it, that was a brilliant shot by GP are you wit me. he paid his dues, he deserves some shine.

• Discuss: How much of a drama queen is Dianne Wade?

I'm saying, on a scale of 1 - 10.....48.

Discuss: How much of a drama queen is Dianne Wade?

what are you talking about? elaborate please (before i go on a rampage on dat ass, ayo)

what are you talking about? elaborate please.

His "sinus infection" that lasted forever. They talked about his "flu" for about 2 weeks. "He wasn't healthy in the first two Mavs games." Now, he was being carted around all day yesterday to PCs and stuff....his knee is "hurt bad" but he's gonna play. Look man, either play or don't but we're tired of this fabricated Willis Reed crap. It's the 100th+ game for all these players...they are all banged up. It just seems that every little thing w/ this guy gets played up big time. His knee got rolled up on by shaq at the end of Game 3.

what are you talking about? elaborate please (before i go on a rampage on dat ass, ayo)

Whining that the Heat weren't getting credit for their wins, it was the Pistons who simply lost those games.

"I have the flu."

"I don't eat right."

"I'm injured."

That's all I've been hearing for the past couple weeks.

Can you go on the rant anyway?

rant away if you want.

my only question to you is...you seem very impressed about Wade's 42 the other night. and it was impressive.

where were you when Dirk got 50?

His "sinus infection" that lasted forever. They talked about his "flu" for about 2 weeks. "He wasn't healthy in the first two Mavs games." Now, he was being carted around all day yesterday to PCs and stuff....his knee is "hurt bad" but he's gonna play. Look man, either play or don't but we're tired of this fabricated Willis Reed crap. It's the 100th+ game for all these players...they are all banged up. It just seems that every little thing w/ this guy gets played up big time. His knee got rolled up on by shaq at the end of Game 3.

dude, let me put it this way. Ever since he was hyped by People magazine as "one of the most beautiful people", I was kinda skeptical cuz i mean come on, dude was obviously blessed with athleticism. It comes to him easy.

Fast forward a year, and not since Allen Iverson have I seen a dude take that many hits in the paint as D-Wade. His knee was obviously hurting him in game 3, and who wouldn't be after Shaq Daddy rolls over it. But in typical Dwyane Wade fashion, he shut up, took it harder to the rack, and single-handedly staged a comeback. That ain't a Drama Queen if you ask me.

dude, let me put it this way. Ever since he was hyped by People magazine as "one of the most beautiful people", I was kinda skeptical cuz i mean come on, dude was obviously blessed with athleticism. It comes to him easy.

Fast forward a year, and not since Allen Iverson have I seen a dude take that many hits in the paint as D-Wade. His knee was obviously hurting him in game 3, and who wouldn't be after Shaq Daddy rolls over it. But in typical Dwyane Wade fashion, he shut up, took it harder to the rack, and single-handedly staged a comeback. That ain't a Drama Queen if you ask me.

Then why so much "Blah, blah, blah, blah..?"

single-handedly? he had a little bit of help from a dood named Danny Crawford and his homies.

D Wade really played the last 9 minutes and didn't commit a foul, huh? Interesting. I counted at least two.

• Who thinks the Heat win tonight's Game 4?

Who thinks DWade gets 35+ tonight?

Dallas wins by double digits again. Wade gets about....31. Shaq? Less than 20. Again.

what are you guys talking about?! lol point me to the ESPN interview or whatever where he's "whining" (or merely just stating his condition).

plaese to not mix emotions when evaluating a player's worth:

that is kinda weak....

what are you guys talking about?! lol point me to the ESPN interview or whatever where he's "whining" (or merely just stating his condition).

plaese to not mix emotions when evaluating a player's worth:

that is kinda weak....

Dood. No one said he ain't good. I can't point you to one place hommie. I watch NBA TV, ESPN, read articles, listen to sports radio....he's the one making the quotes. They are out there. He's still a Top 10 player in the league. Just annoying in the past month is all. DRAMA QUEEN.

we need an "ass-hurt" graemlin with the quickness.

• we need an "ass-hurt" graemlin with the quickness.

lamer.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    iverson is a superhero. he weighs 165 lbs, gets pummeled in the lane every night, and rarely misses a game (never an important one). wade isn't as fragile as AI, but he still gets his share of hard fouls...and he's a little guy compared to the dudes who he meets in the post (and sometimes dunks over).

mavs fans are jealous because they don't have a likeable team or player like wade. Dirk is great, but he's close to 7ft tall, hardly the underdog. aside from him, they don't have a superstar, nor anyone worth cheering for (maybe terry, but definitely not stackhouse - the king of selfish basketball).

look for big things from jason williams tonite. miami gets the win.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    we need an "ass-hurt" graemlin with the quickness.

lamer.

RELAX DUDES.

The refs were giving Wade alot of calls. Thats expected for two reasons, Home court advantage and the NBA would like to see the series go at least 6 games. A sweep would not be a good look, especially w/Shaq on the bill. This shit is entertainment.
    Whatever.

Who's thw MVP so far? I cant tell.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    look for big things from jason williams tonite.

Would u just stop w/ this shit. Every game u say this and JW just plays like he's supposed to......

Role Player.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    look for big things from jason williams tonite.

Big things? I take that to mean "going 0-for-7 on pull-up threes and yelling racist shit at courtside Cubans."