NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You guys are sleeping on the most underrated point guard in the league:

keithvanhorn, again speaking truth. i totally agree. if Wade is the catalyst, JDub is the facilitator of the offense.

White Chocolate = Bobby Sura Lite

• Uhhh...the Asian-hatter, White Chocolate, is about to get worked for about 6 games. Not even worried about that cat.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

keithvanhorn, again speaking truth. i totally agree. if Wade is the catalyst, JDub is the facilitator of the offense.

Yes, Jason Williams is SURELY tearing it up in this year's playoffs:

Started 17 out of 17 games, is averaging 29.3 mpg. Shooting 42%FG, 24% from 3-Point land, 3.6 assists per game with 1.65 TOs. Averaging 9.5 points per game. ? more like

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

The facilitator of the offense? So you don't have cable, right

And as a further addition to White Chocolate's game this postseason. Not only does he have a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, but while shooting 24% on 3-pointers, 66 out of his 135 shots total in the playoffs, making him the 4th highest at shots taken on the team, have been 3-pointers. Let's do the math, 69 of his 135 shots have been 2-pointesr, while 66 have been 3-pointers. Shot selection nor efficiency with his shooting has never been a strong point of his game.

• Options
    Has anyone mentioned that Miami's current playoff mastery has coincided with competition against Chicago, New Jersey and a poorly functioning Detroit?

Sayin, K.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    And as a further addition to White Chocolate's game this postseason. Not only does he have a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio, but while shooting 24% on 3-pointers, 66 out of his 135 shots total in the playoffs, making him the 4th highest at shots taken on the team, have been 3-pointers. Let's do the math, 69 of his 135 shots have been 2-pointesr, while 66 have been 3-pointers. Shot selection nor efficiency with his shooting has never been a strong point of his game.

classic motown! i don't care. he swings the ball quickly to the open man, by that i mean "facilitating the offense". go ahead and analyze stats all you want. lol that's such a joke.

who is Bobby Sura?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

who is Bobby Sura?

The og white chocolate. Sura was pretty good at Florida State back in the day. He's had a mediocre NBA career just like J Will. I will give White Chocolate his props for embarassing the shit out of Hersey Hawkins and GP as a rookie though. I'm riding with the Mavs in the finals for the hommie Jason Terry. Seattle has to win a title in some kinda way. Should be a good series.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

who is was Bobby Sura?

At least Williams ain't hurt all the time...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

do you?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

do you?

lol do you watch that every morning?

it's a highlight reel dude, I watched the entire last two heat series game for game (which I don't believe Yuichi can say) and I wouldn't really say he is THE facilitator of the offense. He is not a bad player, but yall need to get off his dick.

If anyone is depending on Antoine Walker and Jason Williams to win this series you might as well send the trophy to Dallas right now.....Fed-X.....Overnight.

Seriously.

• If anyone is depending on Antoine Walker and Jason Williams to win this series you might as well send the trophy to Dallas right now.....Fed-X.....Overnight.

Seriously.

This ties into what Motown has been saying about the tempo. If the Mavs can push the tempo, which they should be able to do often, you can get guys like Toine and J-Dub and J Posey to start shooting quick 3s and jumpers instead of setting up and pounding with Shaq. Advantage Dallas if this happens.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

classic motown! i don't care. he swings the ball quickly to the open man, by that i mean "facilitating the offense". go ahead and analyze stats all you want. lol that's such a joke.

I take it Basketball Scientists do not embrace the statistical approach?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

who is Bobby Sura?

JWill distributes the ball better than Bobby Sura. But Sura could bang that shit on cats.

Totally different game. Sura played w/ Charlie Ward in the Florida backcourt.

If JW plays anything like he did in game 6 against the Pistons, that would take some pressure off of Wade.
    But to think that Dallas/AJohnson should be adjusting his defense against him is ridiculous.

KVH - Iknow u find his previous AND 1 style of play attractive, but he doesnt play big or crunch minutes, dog. The Ball is in WADE's hand in crunch-time. As for underrrated - GTFOHWTB. He was overrated he came into the L, and now he's found his nitch as a PG on a team that doesnt require him to have the ball in his hands at all times. Steve Kerr anyone........BJ Armstrong.........anyone. ROLE PLAYER DELUXE.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

who is Bobby Sura?

JWill distributes the ball better than Bobby Sura. But Sura could bang that shit on cats.

Totally different game. Sura played w/ Charlie Ward in the Florida backcourt.

If JW plays anything like he did in game 6 against the Pistons, that would take some pressure off of Wade.
    But to think that Dallas/AJohnson should be adjusting his defense against him is ridiculous.

KVH - Iknow u find his previous AND 1 style of play attractive, but he doesnt play big or crunch minutes, dog. The Ball is in WADE's hand in crunch-time. As for underrrated - GTFOHWTB. He was overrated he came into the L, and now he's found his nitch as a PG on a team that doesnt require him to have the ball in his hands at all times. Steve Kerr anyone........BJ Armstrong.........anyone. ROLE PLAYER DELUXE.

sura played at florida state by the way. he had decent years in cleveland and golden state, and played pg at times, so you really could compare him to jwill. personally, i dont think he is as talented, although he is definitely a much stronger finsher and slasher due to his size.

williams was not overrated when he came into the league. he was almost unknown. nobody knew who he was until sac was in the playoffs and he was on espn highlights every day. its ridiculious to say he is a role player. he can shoot, drive, dish and defend. his role is limited in miami cause he has 2 of the 5 best players in the league on his team. enough about this dude though. we'll see what happens in the finals. his first sportcenter highlight will get a youtube post by me for all the hatters.

According to local West Virginia legend, Jason Williams was not the best basketball player on his High School team.

Any gueses as to who was??(Don't cheat with Google)

• According to local West Virginia legend, Jason Williams was not the best basketball player on his High School team.

I'm guessing the Super Freak, Rizzle Mizzle.

According to local West Virginia legend, Jason Williams was not the best basketball player on his High School team.

I'm guessing the Super Freak, Rizzle Mizzle.

You be correct!!!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Randy Moss?

chill out homies. all anybody said was "jdub is underrated", amidst all the "Dwade is ILL, Dwade is ILL". Dwade is the catalyst. JDub facilitates, and what i meant by that was he keeps the offense running smoothly, by doing what is expected with a team full of superstars; passing the rock accurately.

Faux_Rillz, stats are the results of what happened during the course of the game. how those results were reached are another matter. to me, how a player got points, what he's doing in the flow of the game, and how he's responding to his teammates' plays, are all much more relevant (atleast to me) than a stat line. There's a grip of execs and sportscasters who rely on them to convey how dope a player is, or whether a player should be acquired.

example: Forward A could be avging 20 and 10 a game, cuz he's the franchise player for a sub-par team. he doesn't play tough D, which doesn't show up on the stat line. he doesn't play help D. He clogs up the middle and doesn't have the agility or will to space himself out in the offense.

the question then becomes, would you want him on your team? 20 and 10 is good. he doesn't play tough D which doesn't really matter, because that's not what fills up seats and gets the media attention anyway. so all anybody really cares about is really the 20 and 10, and the fact that he throws down vicious baseline dunks.

so when it comes down to it, stats don't do too much for me.

I take it Basketball Scientists do not embrace the statistical approach?

Yuichi's extensive playing time with his high school basketball team allows him to celebrate players such as J Williams who only shoot 24% on half of their shots and have a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio.

and what i meant by that was he keeps the offense running smoothly, by doing what is expected with a team full of superstars; passing the rock accurately.

So the 2-1 assist to turnover ratio is passing "accurately"?

Yes, I see.

Randy Moss?

Indeed...and Jason was the Quarterback on their Football team too!!

P.S. - And in case you've missed it, Williams hardly gets any PT in the 4th quarters because he's a bad defender and his shot is completely unreliable.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    P.S. - And in case you've missed it, Williams hardly gets any PT in the 4th quarters because he's garbage.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Has anyone mentioned that Miami's current playoff mastery has coincided with competition against Chicago, New Jersey and a poorly functioning Detroit?

Sayin, K.

and what i meant by that was he keeps the offense running smoothly, by doing what is expected with a team full of superstars; passing the rock accurately.

So the 2-1 assist to turnover ratio is passing "accurately"?

Yes, I see.

2-1 assist ratio, based on 17 playoff games with his first season with the Heat! 2-1???? you're funny as hell dude, just round it off! if you want to go back to checking the stats (aka your favorite pasttime), then you would also notice his assist-turnover ratio is quite respectable. This Heat team he's playing with has a totally different dynamic than the Grizzlies.

i'm not even championing this dude. just saying, i like watching him play. and yes his passing is accurate. as in, SWINGS THE BALL QUICK TO THE OPEN MAN WITH STRONG CHEST PASSES, FINDS THE OPEN MAN. YADA YADA. YES IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. 1.65 turnovers in the playoffs ain't even bad at all, considering his duties.

still yapping?

P.S. - And in case you've missed it, Williams hardly gets any PT in the 4th quarters because he's a bad defender and his shot is completely unreliable.

P.S. I don't care.

P.S.S. What made you start talking about defense all of a sudden?!