World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

1262728293032»

Comments

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts

Zidane jusn't wouldn't have fucked up the last 10 minutes of his career for peanuts. Materazzi's profile tells me he's a liar plus beeing arrogant and insulting. End of the story.

He ABSOLUTELY would have!!! Zidane has proven many times to have a bad temper and make stupid decisions... Would you like me to review them for you??? Remember what happened before in the World Cup or should I remind you??? I'd be more than happy to bring up more if you'd like...

He might have incredible soccer skill, but he's an idiot and a disgrace...

Zidane's profile tells me he's a liar plus unable to control his temper and react to the smallest things...

THAT is the END of story...

ITALIA CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

Zidane jusn't wouldn't have fucked up the last 10 minutes of his career for peanuts. Materazzi's profile tells me he's a liar plus beeing arrogant and insulting. End of the story.

He ABSOLUTELY would have!!! Zidane has proven many times to have a bad temper and make stupid decisions... Would you like me to review them for you??? Remember what happened before in the World Cup or should I remind you??? I'd be more than happy to bring up more if you'd like...

He might have incredible soccer skill, but he's an idiot and a disgrace...

Zidane's profile tells me he's a liar plus unable to control his temper and react to the smallest things...

THAT is the END of story...

ITALIA CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!

We could make a loooooong DVD out of all Materazzi's violent play and shitty action. So please keep your mouth shut when you want to judge Zidane.

I don't want to discuss of that anymore. I'm fed up by Italian supporters who seem to be quite arrogant in victory... You're the second one on SS to be happy to win and keeping on insulting Zidane after that. That's definitely uncool, insulting and NON OBJECTIVE.
    END OF THE STORY on this thread for me. Talking to you is a nonsense... I guess we'll be more objective by discussing about music. I'm out.

We could make a loooooong DVD out of all Materazzi's violent play and shitty action. So please keep your mouth shut when you want to judge Zidane.

We could find a large number much worse then him... And why should I keep my mouth shut??? Would you rather I ignore the disgraceful acts that Zizou has done, mon ami??? And not just this one... The stuff he has done over and over and over again...

I don't want to discuss of that anymore. I'm fed up by Italian supporters who seem to be quite arrogant in victory... You're the second one on SS to be happy to win and keeping on insulting Zidane after that. That's definitely uncool, insulting and NON OBJECTIVE.

And I'm fed up by French supporters who take Zidane's word as the final word... You make a ridiculous point -- how could he have done it with 10 minutes left in his international career??? And then you disregard all the shit classless sutff he has done EXACTLY LIKE THIS!!! THAT, sir, is the definition of NON OBJECTIVE! And proves EXACTLY how he could have done it...

All of my responses have been to your comments... You have not said one nice thing about Materazzi, at least I admitted Zidane was a good player...

The only thing I did was take the opposite story of yours... You put up the French translation, I put up the Italian... You're claiming Zidane's words as the gospel... I'm saying that it is no more truthful than the words of Materazzi...

But the way you believe Zidane is 100% honest despite his past behavior makes me wish he asked you to jump off a bridge... I'm sure if he told you it wouldn't hurt, you'd believe that too...

It's a classic case of he-said, she-said... To be honest, I think the truth is somewhere in between Zidane and Materazzi's stories...

And lets hope Gallas and Materazzi play against each other in September... Maybe we'll see if Gallas backs up his words (I'm betting he's a punk bitch that talks too much)...

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    To be honest, I think the truth is somewhere in between Zidane and Materazzi's stories...

Hey new friend! I'm out of the football discussions so... If you want to trade records or discuss about music or whatever subject on wich we could agree or not without any bad oriented egos (and this is valid for both you and me I guess)... then I'm your man.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

And Materazzi said he didn't...

According to "Gazzetta Dello Sport" he replied with the following,

"Non gli ho detto nulla che riguardasse razzismo, religione e politica. Non ho parlato neppure della madre. Ho perso la mamma a 15 anni e ancora adesso mi commuovo a parlarne. Naturalmente non sapevo che la sua fosse in ospedale, le faccio i miei migliori auguri". E su Zidane ha aggiunto: "E' da sempre il mio mito, lo ammiro molto".

A simplist translation:

I said nothing regarding race, religion, or politics. I didn't say anything about his mother either. I lost my mom when I was 15 and it still hurts to speak about it. Naturally I didn't know she was in the hospital - I give her my best wishes. And about Zidane he continued, "He is a hero of mine and I admire him a lot".

Materazzi is a straight bitch for not revealing what he actually said. and he deserved what he got. I bet he did spew some very insulting shit. "ohhh, I CARE ABOUT MY MOTHER SO MUCH...". NOONE cares.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    True. I just witnessed first hand during the Germany loss, how Italian players and fans are diehards, but they don't have class.

Materazzi is a straight bitch for not revealing what he actually said. and he deserved what he got. I bet he did spew some very insulting shit. "ohhh, I CARE ABOUT MY MOTHER SO MUCH...". NOONE cares.

And Zidane is a punk herb for not revealing it either...

"He said something about my mommy and sister..." WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH... THAT is the definition of a bitch move...

Zidane is an even BIGGER bitch for making such an elaborate drama out of this whole thing... Instead of just saying what happened after the game... Or the next day... Or countless other times between the end of the match and his interview... He had to draw it out like a drama queen on a prime time interview on National TV...

I admit, Zizou played inspired football this WC... And he is 100x the player Materazzi will ever be (though I think Materazzi was smart for getting into Zidane's head)...

But only after they strip the Golden Ball from him and give it to Cannavaro will true justice be served...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    BRUSH DA SAND OUTTA Y0 VAGINA!!!

Side note:

ManU riding on top?? Bloody hell!

Dun count out my reds just yet...

36 pagerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    why are some lurkers still looking at this thread?

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Well, I know if I want to research the world cup, Ill use the phrase world cup bastards speak up

edit: hmmm I guess the preivew function is not a good indication of what is actually posted.

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORD I LOVE YA CROUCH!!!

Plz Plz Plz hold on!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    too bad so sad.

3 mins to save your country England.

McClaren should be fired win, lose or draw.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    See ya.

FuKKKK

I hate this shit.

• Bollocks, McLaren is truelty shit, claw back to 2-2 after switching successfully to 4-4-2... then goes and fucks it up by going back to 4-5-1, still, a lot of blame must be on the players too. What a wank result...

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I was feeling kinda bad after Holland didn't even manage to get a draw against Belarus earlier today, but damn... you guys really messed up!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I guess the blessing is that, having not qualified, we are spared the humiliation that would have come to us in the tournament proper considering quite how poor we appear to be. The only positive I could think of after watching the match last night was that it would bring in a new manager and hopefully the chance of a reappraisal of the england team with a focus on bringing in new talent for the next world cup.

However if the list of potential managers i read in the paper this morning is all the options we have then we are truly screwed.

PS Fuck Fat Frank, he truly is a useless turd.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm quite looking forward to Euro 2008 now. None of the incessant banging on about whether or not England's "Golden Generation" can finally "do it", no other so-called home nations for despondent England fans to desperately attach themselves to, a summer free of flags, banners and stupid hats in every boozer and everywhere else you fuckin' look, no face-painted gits, no part-time football fans shouting nonsense at big screens about players who are injured or from another country, no adverts with men devoting their lives to "footy", no Uri Geller "touch this to win" articles, no Baddiel and Skinner, no tedious manager-baiting opinion pieces in the papers, no "autobiographies" from underachieving gobshites going on about "passion", and so on, and so on. I might actually be able to, y'know, just enjoy the football.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    So the FA obviously watched the result in Andorra, and put Croatia's defeat down to the awful pitch and reasoned that they aren't very good in the mud. Am I wrong here, but didn't they build Wembley with an adjustable roof with England's inclement weather in mind? Knowing that there's no way the grass is going to get any drier, or any sun on it, in the days leading up to a must-draw game, surely a half-decent (dry?) playing surface would be a priority? It must have been done on purpose, only thing is, the Croatians were so much better than us, the England team looked like they had forgotten to wear studs!

A daring, last-minute tactical change sees Robinson dropped, while other out of form players are re-instated - particular emphasis on the Gerrard+Lampard misfield that never works (there was even another brief moment of Gerrard+Lampard going for the same ball, I think Gerrard won that tackle, one of the few he managed all night).

Crouch is played on his own up front, but the one player who might be able to deliver an accurate pass to him is on the bench until halftime. Crouch didn't recieve a pass to his FEET until the 59th minute[/b] of the game. I mean, c'mon, WTF is that about?

It was a strange game to watch, and looking back on it, I'm angry at England for drawing level purely for the false hope this instilled in me, and worse, the commentators. While Croatia looked like a slick team, England looked like a bunch of strangers. If there's one thing we could have gotten right last night, it would have been to show some humility - giving FAT Frank Lampard the official Man of the Match award!!! His first and only meaningful touch of the ball was the penalty. He misplaced a crossfield pass to Beckham that landed in the stands, and... that was about it.

The only good news is Second-Choice Steve got the sack and maybe we'll get a new manager who will pick a completely new squad.

I guess the blessing is that, having not qualified, we are spared the humiliation that would have come to us in the tournament proper considering quite how poor we appear to be. The only positive I could think of after watching the match last night was that it would bring in a new manager and hopefully the chance of a reappraisal of the england team with a focus on bringing in new talent for the next world cup.

However if the list of potential managers i read in the paper this morning is all the options we have then we are truly screwed

How about Mourinho? I'd take him over our current coach (van Basten) any day!

Co Adriaanse is available as well after this season, he would be an excellent choice.

Just watched the draw for Euro 2008

Group A
    Switzerland
    Czech Republic
    Portugal
    Turkey

Group B
    Austria
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland

Group C
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Romania
    France

Group D
    Greece
    Sweden
    Spain
    Russia

group C is

Looking forward to the matches though!

What a group. Looks like the Dutch are going to be fucked over once again though France have hardly been stellar during qualification either. Romania also had an excellent qualifying campaign if memory serves me correctly. Wouldn't like to pick qualifiers from that one.

Well well, looks like we may get the Chosen One yet:

Mourinho plans for England and wants FA to call

Former Chelsea coach has prepared job blueprint
    Terry the middle-man as Milan link is denied

Matt Scott
    Monday December 3, 2007
    The Guardian

Jose Mourinho wants the FA to make any move to secure his services through the correct channels.

Jose Mourinho has prepared a blueprint for English football success in anticipation that the Football Association will make formal contact this week for discussions over the vacant England manager's position.
    There have been several indirect approaches from managers and players led by the national captain, John Terry, amid a groundswell of public support for the Portuguese. Mourinho believes the approaches have been made on behalf of the FA, since Terry and others asked whether his personal contact details could be handed over to FA officials.

The Portuguese declined, saying that all contact must be businesslike and directed through his agent, Jorge Mendes. The former Chelsea manager is preparing to go on a 10-day family holiday before Christmas but is beginning to miss being involved with football. If the FA wants to make its move, Mourinho is keen to hold discussions before the year is out.
    Mourinho's blueprint includes restarting the building of the National Football Centre at Burton, the creation of an organisation based on club structures and a full-time medical department unconnected with any Premier League team.

Although he has made no decisions about whether he would accept a job offer, Mourinho has certainly not ruled out becoming Steve McClaren's successor. That is in contrast with a report in one national newspaper yesterday, which declared that he was preparing to "defect" to Milan after being offered the job of managing the European champions.

The article suggested Mourinho is using the FA's putative interest as leverage to land a position at a top club in Spain or Italy. However Mourinho, who won the Champions League with Porto before lifting the Premier League trophy in successive seasons with Chelsea, has been angered by the report and was keen to send that message to the FA yesterday.

"These are lies; Jose is not waiting for an approach from these clubs," said Mourinho's media consultant, Eladio Parames. "Jose has had no approach from any club and no one has contacted Jorge [Mendes]. If there is an approach from the FA, Jose will decide."

Whether he would find any offer from the FA acceptable would depend on how Soho Square officials react to his vision for England's future. Unlike other foreign candidates, such as Fabio Capello and Guus Hiddink, Mourinho has intimate knowledge of the English game and has received intelligence on the workings of the international team from the England players at Stamford Bridge.

That has prompted him to formulate an outline of the reforms he believes would be required for England to have a chance of winning a first trophy in 44 years at the World Cup in South Africa in 2010. He would be excited at the opportunity to work with English players, having derived huge enjoyment from his involvement in the Premier League. His family have also enjoyed their stay in London and he would be keen to keep that lifestyle.

A friend of Mourinho said yesterday: "In my opinion if they want him - and I believe they do because there's a lot of pressure from the players and people in general in England - and if they accept his plans, I think he could be England's next boss."

Mourinho does, though, have some doubts about the role and would want to work these through with the FA. Like Hiddink he would be wary of the tabloid scrutiny into his private life that McClaren's predecessor, Sven-Goran Eriksson, had to endure.

Those close to Mourinho have sympathy for the position of the Football Association's chief executive, Brian Barwick, who has come under considerable pressure to appoint the Portuguese. Indeed, the FA also found yesterday's reports about Mourinho's supposed readiness to accept an alternative offer unhelpful.

One Soho Square source was keen to stress that no one at the FA had ever sought to give the impression that the organisation is wary of Mourinho and added that Mourinho had never given any indication that he would rule himself out of the running for the job.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2220936,00.html

And after all that hoohah we've ended up going with Capello

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2226632,00.html

It's Capello for England after flying visit

Fabio Capello's appointment as England's coach is expected to be confirmed today, after face-to-face talks with the Football Association chief executive, Brian Barwick, yesterday concluded with the Italian agreeing in principle to succeed Steve McClaren.
    The former Milan coach has not formally been offered the post but, subject to approval from the FA board and final negotiations between the FA and his advisers, his appointment appears a formality. He returned to Italy last night to fulfil a prior commitment having arrived earlier in the day for three hours of talks at Wembley with Barwick and the FA's director of football, Trevor Brooking, which left both parties in little doubt that a formal agreement can be reached rapidly.

Capello's son Pierfilippo and another lawyer representing the Italian remained in London last night to work through the fine print of his contract, thought to be a 2??-year deal worth about ??4m a year, with the FA's company secretary, Simon Johnson.
    The FA's director of communications, Adrian Bevington, confirmed that talks had taken place and had gone well. "I'm pleased to say that these discussions were extremely positive and without any problems," he said. "Fabio has returned to Italy to honour a prior commitment. Understandably, further talks are now taking place between Fabio's advisers and ourselves."

Barwick is expected to propose Capello formally to the FA board via a conference call today. The board retains the power to veto any appointment but key board members, including the Manchester United chief executive, David Gill, Sir Dave Richards and Lord Mawhinney, have been kept informed throughout the process and it is highly unlikely there will be any objections.

The FA party was hugely impressed by Capello's plans for the job and the freshness of his ideas for the first-team set-up. And he made it clear to his advisers that he was similarly enthusiastic about the opportunity being offered to him.

One of his first tasks will be to ensure the players perform as well for the national team as they do for their club sides. "How can players of the level of [David] Beckham or [Michael] Owen have performances so different when they play for their national team?" Capello said.

"It's clear the shirt is very heavy even for those great champions. The manager has a fundamental role to play in this situation. He has to be more of a psychologist than a tactician. It's clear they have a mental block, otherwise how can you explain their elimination from Euro 2008?""

Sources close to Capello indicated that his assistant is likely to be Italo Galbiati, who has been at his side in all four of his club jobs at Milan, Roma, Juventus and Real Madrid. The goalkeeping coach Franco Tancredi, is also favoured, as is the fitness trainer Massimo Neri, who is notorious for his tough regime.

Franco Baldini, Capello's general manager at Roma, may also be considered but he is understood to be considering an offer to become director of football at a Premier League club and it is unclear what role he would play within the England set-up.

Whoever Capello brings in from Italy will have to work alongside an English coach, a condition the FA has made clear. Yesterday's smooth proceedings owed much to the work done before the meeting by the FA and Capello's advisers, led by the Italian agent Giovanni Branchini.

The FA will be delighted if a deal is concluded today, only three weeks after McClaren was sacked, but the underperforming England players may be anxious. Capello is unindulgent of superstars and his preference for a holding midfielder guarantees there will be casualties. Frank Lampard, one who might pay the price, was quick to welcome Capello's imminent appointment, however.

"It is a job which needs a big personality and Capello certainly is that," he said. "There are not many coaches in the world with Capello's track record in the Champions League, the Spanish league and Serie A. Maybe he is the kind of manager who can take us forward."

Be interesting to see how the fans react to his no nonsense style of play if we start getting good results. I suspect most people would be happy to see some actual good results for England over their desire to watch us play free flowing football.

Kind of undermines the FA's claims that they were going to look at revising the whole structure of english football though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    It doesn't mean anything to play for England to most of these kids. Even mediocre talents will have done something wrong if they are not millionaires by 21 . Who cares about some kickabout abroad where they could potentially pick up a knock which deprives them of their club appearance fees etc.

Where is that Ricky Hatton mentality when you need it?