World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    "Frank Lampard is expected to shrug off injury fears and start in England's World Cup quarter-final clash with Portugal tomorrow."

Maybe this is the game where one of his shots will actually go in?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

France vs Brazil will be the best match of the cup !!!!

Brazil ovah France 2-0

DOR, I'm not sure, man!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Brazil ovah France 2-0

Brasil vs. France will be a SERIOUS game! We are going to a bbq party tomorrow to watch the game. There will be French people there and I will be wearing a Ronaldo jersey. It should be a fun party. Go Brasil!!!!!!!!!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Germany vs Argentina[/b] will be the best match of the cup !!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Germany vs Argentina is not[/b] the best match of the cup !!!!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Germany vs Argentina is not[/b] the best match of the cup !!!!

but it just got better !

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    got it...

Argentinia's defense =

3 goals against them at least!

Oh, is that a fact? The marking on that goal was dreadful.

I wonder which tournament you're watching sometimes - Argentina's defence has been one of the best, and one of the stingiest (two goals conceded) in the whole competition so far.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    So Germany just shivered themselves into the half finals (sorry jorgelopez ) while it was dope to see all my turkish, African, and German neighbours coming out of the bars together to party on the street, it was the worst look when a car passed with a huge Reichskriegsflagge - which was almost bigger than the car - and some fuckin nazis in there which just looked normal. It was the very definition of

It reminded me that this country is still loaded with shitbags that didnt understand A thing and that it will be worse, once Germany will win again (in football, ayo!) So these fuckers just made me really angry and while I dont mind a good footballfest, seeing all these drunk idiots right now on the street gives me a headache...everyones going nuts right now, honking horns and partying on the street all night..while you know that some of the motherfuckers should be stomped to death, seriously...when i see this I hope Germany will not win the World Cup...

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

when i see this I hope Germany will not win the World Cup...
    FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

FUCK YOU NAZIS!!!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Tough loss for Argentina. They put on a defensive clinic for 75 min then the keeper gets hurt, forcing a sub. Still, poor choice in subs by Pekerman and a tremendous goal by Klose opened the door for Germany.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I wonder which tournament you're watching sometimes - Argentina's defence has been one of the best, and one of the stingiest (two goals conceded) in the whole competition so far.

the german defense was much stronger than the argentinian one. unfortunately, germany doesn't have a strong midfield. otherwise argentinia might have gotten creamed. they did not deserve to win today. ugly game by argentinia. germany wasn't that strong today either...

seems like you don't know much about soccer. you been watching premier leauge, serie a and the primera division only? GTFOOHWTBS!!! why you wanna get into beef anyway?

two goals against them? that doesn't have to do much with a good defense.

Metzelder won 88% of his duels today. NOW THAT'S A TERRIFIC DEFENSE, son!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Tough loss for Argentina.

I feel your pain Jlo.They should've started Messi instead of Crespo.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Congrats Germany.

Sorry to see you go Argentina

Nazis aint shit.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Tough loss for Argentina.

I feel your pain Jlo.They should've started Messi instead of Crespo.

yeah! i wonder why he wasn't playing. sorry argentinia.

what was that beef after the game all about? did that argetinian dude hit someone in the face? what's the hell. argentinia played a little rough anyway. NAGL.

Sorry Argentinia. Well done Germany.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

what was that beef after the game all about? did that argetinian dude hit someone in the face? what's the hell. argentinia played a little rough anyway. NAGL.

• At least they were better than last time

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Argentina-Germany was a bit of a disappointment, as I expected it to be the match of the cup so far. Argentina had been playing very strong offensive soccer, and Germany was looking like the host with the most. Both teams played like they'd been huffing gas in the first half, leaden legs, not much creativity, very few offensive chances. Things opened up a bit in the second half, and both goals were well-deserved (although the post-marking German defender on the Argentine goal was a little lazy/slow to react).

As has been the story of this World Cup, the referee had a role to play other than the whistleblower. In the 89th minute, Maxie Rodriguez was clearly fouled in the penalty area after beating his defender, yet instead of a deserved penalty (which would likely have decided the outcome of the match) or even a no call, Rodriguez was issued a yellow card for his trouble. That, my friends, was some B.S.

Overall, Argentina had more chances in the run of play, but they got a little too cute with their short game in the box. It's not that hard to run together a string of six short passes in the area against Serbia, it's much harder against Germany.

If I posted as regularly as I used to, I would have told you that Ukraine didn't stand a chance against Italy. 3-0 sounds about right. The Ukraine-Switzerland round of 16 match was the weakest of the lot.

Italy-Germany should be a great semifinal. I see Italy advancing 2-1.

As for tomorrow's games:
    England will beat an overachieving (and depleted by red cards) Portugal side 1-0, but they will not look good doing it.

Brazil will beat France 3-1 and get their revenge for the 1998 final; and they will look good doing it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JRoot

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

As has been the story of this World Cup, the referee had a role to play other than the whistleblower. In the 89th minute, Maxie Rodriguez was clearly fouled in the penalty area after beating his defender, yet instead of a deserved penalty (which would likely have decided the outcome of the match) or even a no call, Rodriguez was issued a yellow card for his trouble. That, my friends, was some B.S.

yo! lahm didn't tackle him. he slid, tried to get the ball, would not have touched the argentinian guy at all. on the contrary! the argentinian hooked into him.
    you could clearly see that. he wanted to get that penalty and THAT WAS NOT A GOOD LOOK. Rodriguez dived. He clearly hooked into the legs of Lahm. Unfair move!
    there was another argentinian who dived looking for a penalty. NAGL!!!

Overall, Argentina had more chances in the run of play, but they got a little too cute with their short game in the box. It's not that hard to run together a string of six short passes in the area against Serbia, it's much harder against Germany.

game in the box???
    argentinia was playing foul and did not have that many chances. germany was the better team and had way more shots on the goal. argetinia failed to set up a good offense. honestly, they played like sissies. and the after match action was just weird. an argentinian guy hit schweinsteiger on the back of his head... what's the hell? Tevez commited several fouls and dived way too many times. he acted like a bitch!

In the 89th minute, Maxie Rodriguez was clearly fouled in the penalty area after beating his defender, yet instead of a deserved penalty (which would likely have decided the outcome of the match) or even a no call, Rodriguez was issued a yellow card for his trouble. That, my friends, was some B.S.
    That was a dive [/b] and the yellow card was absolutely correct.

Italy-Germany should be a great semifinal. I see Germany [/b] advancing 2-1.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Italy-Germany should be a great semifinal. I see Italy [/b] advancing 2-1.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    In the 89th minute, Maxie Rodriguez was clearly fouled in the penalty area after beating his defender, yet instead of a deserved penalty (which would likely have decided the outcome of the match) or even a no call, Rodriguez was issued a yellow card for his trouble. That, my friends, was some B.S.
    That was a dive [/b] and the yellow card was absolutely correct.

Italy-Germany should be a great semifinal. I see Germany [/b] advancing 2-1.

me too.

I just read more about the after game action and it seems like the Argentinian team was responsible for all the action.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

yo! lahm didn't tackle him. he slid, tried to get the ball, would not have touched the argentinian guy at all. on the contrary! the argentinian hooked into him.
    you could clearly see that. he wanted to get that penalty and THAT WAS NOT A GOOD LOOK. Rodriguez dived. He clearly hooked into the legs of Lahm. Unfair move!
    there was another argentinian who dived looking for a penalty. NAGL!!!

Lahm tackled him. He slid, tried to get the ball, DID NOT GET THE BALL, and tackled the Argentinian player who was continuing to try to get the ball. Rodriguez was, of course, trying to draw the penalty, but he would have likely preferred not to have been swept off his feet on the way after the ball that Lahm failed to tackle away. At best, it should have been a no call. The yellow card was b.s.

In general, the ref called a very tight match - too tight for my taste. There were many plays, going both ways, that were basically fair where a foul was called. Overall, though, I think the referee showed a slight bias to the German side in his calls. You are free to disagree, but that is how I perceived the officiating of the match.

game in the box???
    argentinia was playing foul and did not have that many chances. germany was the better team and had way more shots on the goal. argetinia failed to set up a good offense. honestly, they played like sissies. and the after match action was just weird. an argentinian guy hit schweinsteiger on the back of his head... what's the hell? Tevez commited several fouls and dived way too many times. he acted like a bitch!

Germany had four more shots, two more shots on the goal. More, but not "way more." My point is there were occasions where Argentina was stringing together a nice bit of offense where they failed to even get a shot because they tried to make one too many short passes. if that's what you mean by they played like sissies, I agree.

As for the after match action, I didn't see any of it, but it certainly sounds bizarre and uncalled for. Argentina should have been thanking Schweinsteiger for shanking all those corners and free kicks! Germany really failed to take advantage on their free kicks in the offensive zone.

In the end, Germany prevailed, but I don't know that they were the better team. If Klose hadn't broken the keeper's ribs with his knee (which was probably a fair play - dumb decision by the keeper), the outcome may have been different.

For your sake, I hope that Germany puts in a better showing against Italy than they did against Argentina. All of my teams have been eliminated from the tournament, so I comment only as a disinterested football fan. My biggest victories at this point come from greatness of play from any source.

Best,
    JRoot

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You're all wrong (on some level). Maxi flopped and so did Ballack a little later.

Argentina totally dominated Germany in the first half. Klose touched the ball maybe two times. Possession was in Argentina's favor something like 65% to 35%. As I said earlier it was a clinic. However, Argentina was spent by the 75 minute mark and had to sub out their best player Riquelme. Then were forced to sub for a keeper which was a big break for Germany because it deprived Argentina a chance to bring on pace and size. Instead they brought in Cruz, as a possession guy I suppose. This was a big error as Messi would have created more pace and kept Germany on the defensive. I think Peckerman overthought the whole thing.

Germany scored a beautiful goal and controlled most of the last 15mins.

In OT Argentina had a slight edge in play but both sides were gassed and it showed.

PKs are a crap shoot and Germany crapped on Argentina's head.

As for a lack of creativity on the O side. Both teams were hunkered down pretty good. No one was going to score anything easily.

Overall, I thought both sides showed well and Germany won a close game.

Tomorrow England squeaks by Portugal and Brazil wins a tough one 2-1.

over and out.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Lehman was unreal in the pks.

30 minutes of overtime is ridiculous and unnecessary IMO.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Lahm tackled him. He slid, tried to get the ball, DID NOT GET THE BALL, and tackled the Argentinian player who was continuing to try to get the ball. Rodriguez was, of course, trying to draw the penalty, but he would have likely preferred not to have been swept off his feet on the way after the ball that Lahm failed to tackle away. At best, it should have been a no call. The yellow card was b.s.

You're wrong! Rodriguez dived.

Yeah, the Ballack action was neither a penalty, but the Argentinian defender put his hand and elbow into Ballack's face. I hate it when people do that. Totally unnecessary. But no foul.

The after game action:
    Mertesacker got kicked, Bierhoff treid to calm the Argentinians down, Schweinsteiger tried to help Bierhoff, pulling him away. an Argentinian attacked Schweinsteiger and hit him on the back of his head (he slightly missed him - a full hit would have been very nasty). one red card for an argentinian after the game...
    The Argentinian players insulted each German player before and after his shot. I don't know why though.

No one is mad. It's all good.

After the game, some Argentinian fans claimed that Germany bribed the referee and called this World Cup a disgrace.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

I think Pekerman and Argentina threw the game away settling for 1-0 and making some really bad subsitutions.....Riquelme off??? and bringing on Cruz instead of Messi or Saviola?? Daft and it means I can kiss 800 euro goodbye

.....I'm hoping Portugal will cheer me up today and put England out because I cant listen to anymore from the British media, they're driving me insane