World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    .....I'm hoping Portugal will cheer me up today and put England out
    me too! If England continues to "play" as they did in the previous matches, Portugal will win easily.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    .....I'm hoping Portugal will cheer me up today and put England out
    me too! If England continues to "play" as they did in the previous matches, Portugal will win easily.

Hopefully, the better team will win today. England has been unlucky so far. I hope they are getting better. Go England. Germany vs. England in the finals would be

I like Portugal too. But I think England is going to be the better team today. They need ONE good game at least. Returning home without a single good match would be

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I made something special for you England haters today!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I made something special for you England haters today!

I'm no football expert, but I know sandwiches. And that sandwich is

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Sorry DOR,
    Looks like England's luck ran out.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Sven should have subbed in that meathead from the pub to take a PK.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    FCK ENGLAND! FUCK!
    FUCK!
    IM IN HELL (aka little portugal)

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have to admit, ricardo is the man, he comes up big again. That's two tourneys in a row we've been knocked out by Ricardo.

Lampard is by far the biggest disappointment, I just knew he would miss.

sigh........I took off my jersey and threw it down in disgust after ronaldo's pk.

sigh
    sigh
    sigh

at least Hargreaves and Ferdinand REPPED seriously, happy canaduh day

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Here's my suggestion:

Send both England and Portugal home after that appalling display of football and bring back Argentina to play the winner of France/Brazil.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I hope you enjoyed your free vacation w/ your bird Theo Walcott.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

at least Hargreaves and Ferdinand REPPED seriously, happy canaduh day

hargreaves should have joined the german team!

Sorry England. I would have enjoyed a Germny vs. England match! England deserves another title. A very unlucky team. I wish we could give sth back (Euro 96 - best tournament ever).

Bye England. Next time for sure!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Hargreaves was the man of the match, hands down.

...so so so so not happy with Portugal right now.

fuck!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    England were 3 misses away from becoming the worst ever team to reach the semis.

Can the Britball jockers please stand up and take your ribbing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahyourshit!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Ronaldo was the man of the match. No question about it. He was the motor on that team. The saves by the Portuguese keeper were horrible penalty kicks. Routine saves.

And what's going on with France right now? Their entire team, and especially Zidane, looked like shit up until their last game. Now I'd put them as the favorite (I haven't seen Portugal at full strength). Zidane's playing like a man possessed.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    And what's going on with France right now? Their entire team, and especially Zidane, looked like shit up until their last game. Now I'd put them as the favorite (I haven't seen Portugal at full strength). Zidane's playing like a man possessed.

Yeah, they'll win. I never would have thought it before, but the game vs Brazil was the dictionary definition of

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ronaldo was the man of the match. No question about it. He was the motor on that team. The saves by the Portuguese keeper were horrible penalty kicks. Routine saves.

Ronaldo may have been decent but his actions after the Rooney stamp (which was unarguably a red card) were fucking disgusting, as were the deliberate attempts to get players carded by the rest of his team.

There was never a chance in hell we'd win the penalty shoot out and really we didn't deserve to go further having played like shit in every single match. Having said that, what the hell is up with Portugal's shooting, can't believe the lack of progress they made with their extra man, France are going to kick their asses. Hargreaves was outstanding, Lennon was decent. Lampard is a fat piece of shit.

I am in a world of pain right now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Brazil =

France =

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I very nearly passed on the France/Brazil game, because I was so depressed at the sight of England losing another penalty shootout (although we didn't deserve to win the game anyway), but am I glad I didn't. France were utterly spell-binding, and played Brazil off the park. There wasn't a single passenger or makeweight in their entire side (Hi, Frank Lampard!), and Zidane's display was transcendent. Compare that with the tortuous grind of watching an England side actually playing for fucking penalties with our form. I predict a Germany/France final, which at the very least should be an exciting game, and one that France will win if they play the way they did to beat Brazil. Zidane deserves to end his career with another World Cup winner's medal for tonight's display alone. Allez les Bleus, or something...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I very nearly passed on the France/Brazil game, because I was so depressed at the sight of England losing another penalty shootout (although we didn't deserve to win the game anyway), but am I glad I didn't. France were utterly spell-binding, and played Brazil off the park. There wasn't a single passenger or makeweight in their entire side (Hi, Frank Lampard!), and Zidane's display was transcendent. Compare that with the tortuous grind of watching an England side actually playing for fucking penalties with our form. I predict a Germany/France final, which at the very least should be an exciting game, and one that France will win if they play the way they did to beat Brazil. Zidane deserves to end his career with another World Cup winner's medal for tonight's display alone. Allez les Bleus, or something...

Yeah the game tonight helped lighten my pain a little. France were truly outstanding and everytime i think Zidane's finally over the hill he pulls out a perfromance like that which put to shame the creative talent of the Brazil team (Ronaldinho = most disappointing player of the world cup?).

I see a France v Germany final with France winning but then I called three out of four of these quarter finals wrong so thank god I'm not a gambling man.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Going back to Englands heartbreaking loss, a tip for Wayne Rooney:

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    Neutral camp and I think Italy handles Germany, but the homefield advantage will be too much for them to overcome... I'm calling Germany/France with Germany holding the cup...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Well, I just got home, so I guess I'll chime in.

First off... Screw ELIZONDO Horacio. Englands history with this guy kills me.

2nd, Ronaldo is the biggest baby.

As far as England goes. I've said this since day one. Lampard is a loser. The guy couldn't score with a wide open net, even if it didn't have a goalie. I knew as soon as I saw him first up for the kicks that England was in trouble. I have no idea wtf Sven is thinking keeping him in all the time.

Eventhough Ronaldo is a baby, Rooney should know better and just have let him come into the circle with the fucking waaaaaambulance.

Anyways... My gurl is really bummed with Brazil now gone. But, I'm not! France played one hell of a game and it just shows you how Zinedine has still got it in a big way. Dude was looking great out there. The goal was a thing of beauty.

I guess I'm now cheering for the motherland now.

And with that, I'm gone!

Oh, one more thing.

Liverpool, hear me now...

If you ever ever think of bringing Lampard over, I'll fuckin' never be a RED again!

yea my girl is bummed about Brazil too, and although I wanted to see them win, France played an amazing game and fully deserved their win. Ribery was in top form for France as well, he showed the Brazilians some really great pressure.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    pure class by Zizou, I shall wear my real madrid kit w/ pride. He was the man!

that was awful marking by Brazil's back 4 on the goal. How can you leave Henry unmarked like that. Totally deserved win.

sigh lampard sigh. You are the definition of England's 2006 campaign. What happens now? Beckham and Neville are done, I surely hope McClaren drops these two, they've reached their expiry date. Once again, Ferdinand was the definition of the R.O.C.K., dude proves why he is the most expensive defender in the world.

b*lly - I will get at you, that seu jorge was something.

b*lly - I will get at you, that seu jorge was something.

I am planning on seeing him on Monday night in Montreal , I hear he puts on a great show?

My friend saw him last night and said the Brasilian girls there were refuckindiculous

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

Ronaldo & Zidane were today

Beckham crying like a bitch on the sidelines

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    let me tell you folls something... strong midfields win championships!!

where the fuck was brazil's midfield? zidane, viera, ribery were just running shit, and controlling the game the entire way. i'm so happy brazil is out, they've showed us nothing this year.

england's midfield is fuct. now that erikkson is gone, a big shake up is needed, get rid of these fucking spice boys fuckin, superstars who walk around the field... feel bad for all the hardworkers like cole, lennon, gerrard who bust ass on the pitch day in day out.. this is the kind of heart the lions need in order to live up to and exceed their expectations. fuck rooney, and beckham. continually embarassing their country with their stupidity. i'm out.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Who would have thought Paul Gascoigne's brain would have been needed in that match?

Y'all are clowns for thinking Ronaldo acted like a baby; he simply stuck up for his teammate.

Rooney is like the Artest of the soccer world -- he just looks like he has some sort of malady.

I'm glad to see Beckham go: I've never been impressed with his so-called talent.

Like I said, I don't like France, but they played like fuckin champs today. I wouldn't mind seeing the oldies hoist the trophy one more time; it'll be a long-ass time before they do it again. I'd rather it be Germany, though.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You guys are a out of your fucking minds. Beckham was the only thing England had going for them in this entire tournament. Granted he lacks pace and he cannot control the game like a Riquelme or Zidane but he initiated almost all the offense through his service on set plays. The offense lacks overall imagination and that is the coach's fault. Same issue with Brazil. Brazil playing one striker is insane. It's handing the other squad a lifeline, saying here we're going to tie one hand behind our back. Brasil should have played Robinho from the jump.

Co-sign that Ronaldihno was the dissapointment of the tourney. He made no statement at all.